Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Script Error and Security Alert in Sims 3 Launcher

stronglcvestronglcve Posts: 94 Member
When I open my Sims 3 launcher, it shows the script error. I go online to search up what it is, and when I click back on the launcher it shows another message too, a security error. Does anyone know the cause of this and how to fix it? I'm scared to open up my game with this. :smile:

Script Error:
Line 150
Char 2
Error: Unable to get property '-1' of undefined or null reference
Code: 0
URL: * a url i'm too lazy to type out but let me know if you need it to help me find a solution to it lol *

Security Alert:
Revocation information for the security certificate for this site is not available. Do you want to proceed?
choices are "Yes", "No", "View Certificate"

I crossed out my launcher after this. Does anyone know what to do?
please. jenna can't hear us, she's blind.

Comments

• ScottDemonScottDemon Posts: 504 Member
    Ignore it. What it means is EA didn't use a compatible version of Java when they sent the advertisement to your launcher.
    I'm just a little bit crazy LOL
    Okay actually I'm totally and completely nuts LOL :p
  • stronglcvestronglcve Posts: 94 Member
    @ScottDemon does it cause any problems? i heard script errors sometimes cause problems like crashing or freezing. My game has been crashing and freezing for a while, I don't know if these have anything to do with it, though.
    please. jenna can't hear us, she's blind.
  • ScottDemonScottDemon Posts: 504 Member
    edited July 2018
    No it's an external thing related to the advertisements EA sends out those won't affect your game.
    The crashing and freezing is something else I use Nraas ErrorTrap and OverWatch to help keep my game running smoothly. If you're not against using mods @igazor could lead you the right direction .
    I'm just a little bit crazy LOL
    Okay actually I'm totally and completely nuts LOL :p
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited July 2018
    The Javascript errors that the Launcher periodically displays have nothing to do with Java, or with anything the player has installed, and they have nothing to do with in-game script errors. The javascript issues are entirely on EA's end and only involve the display of the data that the Launcher provides on the startup screen (store item of the day, click here to buy TS4, etc.). These have been happening on and off for years. If you can click through the error or just close the notification box by hitting "X," it is perfectly safe to startup your game.

Needing assistance with in-game crashing and freezing, yes of course that would be a different matter.
    http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Tips For Better Game Performance
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net