Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Order In Inventory Please

PrincessrozeeSPrincessrozeeS Posts: 390 Member
edited July 2018 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Would you please give us some sort of system where it is easier to find items we need in our Sim's inventory. I spend so much time in the game trawling through hundreds of items trying to find the one thing I want! We are forced to keep fish, gardening items, collectables like frogs etc, herbal remedies, and so the list goes on and on. I never found this to be a problem with the previous Sim games as it was quite easy to find the items either because it was available on selecting the Sim in question, or an object that required a certain item from the inventory and I just clicked on it. Maybe give us categories under particular items so we can see fish under one category (i.e. fish), herbal remedies under one category, collectables under one category and so on.................. This aspect of the game is time very consuming. I spend so much time having to go through my Sims inventory clearing out items so it makes a little less tiresome trying to find items! It would help a great deal if things were listed under a category instead of all being lumped together in the Sims inventory. The game is getting bigger and bigger with things we need to keep to do things I feel this needs to be addressed

Comments

• DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    There are storage chests that hold all types of stuff. You could clear out your sims inventory and put unused things in the chests and keep other things you need in their inventory.
  • PrincessrozeeSPrincessrozeeS Posts: 390 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    There are storage chests that hold all types of stuff. You could clear out your sims inventory and put unused things in the chests and keep other things you need in their inventory.

That is a good idea but a Sim needs to carry around a lot of things when going to other Lots. So many things get added just through game play and although I do try and clear out, sell fish when fishing and put things away in the household inventory when the Sim is back home. I thought it would be a good idea to have grouping in the Sims inventory to make it easier to find an item. Putting items into sub-groups such as a group for fish, plants, crystals/rocks, sack lunches/food, collectables, insects, herbal remedies, scientist serums, pet toys/sim rays/tents and so on.....some of these items are required to do certain interactions and it would be quicker to find them.

Not seen or used storage chests in the Sims 4 game, which EP/GP did they come with? I know about the kids and pet toy chests.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    They are in STORAGE/MISC and have no symbol so must have come in the base game. Two more came with Jungle Adventure.
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    I completely agree, personal inventories need organization. Like, imagine if the household inventory had absolutely no way to sort through it, lol.