Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Where do you typically throw your Sims' Weddings?

2...Next

Comments

• mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    Other.
    There's not one over the other. I do them all. I have at least 10 community lots with weddind archs in my game. Many of my sims don't even marry, so I haven't used most of them.
  • PninaSimmerPninaSimmer Posts: 371 Member
    At a Venue designed specifically for weddings (church, etc.)
    I go over the top and make extravagant weddings. I love Sim weddings.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    At my Sims' house.
    If there was a nice place for a wedding park and reception area overlooking the ocean and beach- I would use it. I attempted the Romantic park but it just didn't go well - Sims kept wandering off to the fountain there was not much room either - I just have not made my own - as I sort of wanted a beachy looking wedding and really haven't found the kind of area I have in my mind. It was a lot easier when we had nice big beach areas and more wedding designed kind of items and clothes - so I just consigned my self to have a backyard wedding for the few I have held.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    At a regular Venue (Park, Lounge, etc.)
    I have a wedding center in the basement of Museum Muses -- it has a wedding arch, tables, a dance floor and DJ Booth, a kitchen if I want to hire a caterer, and a few of the buffet tables from Luxury Party which is what I usually use. Oh, and a piano so I can hire a pianist if I want.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    They elope on the spot.
    Normally I have them just elope as quickly as possible. Though on occasion I have thrown a wedding for them. I'll throw a wedding for my Sim Victoria. I have been trying to get her with somebody for a while. She is all alone in Forgotten Hallow but she has zero interest in dating other vampires. Ah, slumming with the mortals once again...
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    They elope on the spot.
    They elope on the spot for most of mine.

I hardly do weddings as they still feel very lacklustre for me, which is sad as its such a big event for any Sim's life.
    giphy.gif
  • Shira3000Shira3000 Posts: 348 Member
    edited July 2018
    I like to throw large and luxurious weddings, quite realistic. I usually love the weddings outside, so I build wedding gardens that are suitable for weddings and events at all (including an wedding arch, large dining tables, a buffet, a dance floor, speakers and a DJ). I like the atmosphere at the wedding. I also use a mode that extends the time of the events and makes it possible to invite a lot of people - I like to invite at least twenty-thirty sims. I even reached to a wedding with 90 guests when my legacy sims family was already developed ...
    Thats why i think that it is so necessary for the sims 4 to have very much more wedding stuff, they should develop this topic definitely!!!
  • Scarbo27Scarbo27 Posts: 125 Member
    My sims usually celebrate their wedding at the San Myshuno's park, I think my answer is between the first choice and the second choice, it's a park created for sims to get married.
  • _natalie_natalie Posts: 582 Member
    Scarbo27 wrote: »
    My sims usually celebrate their wedding at the San Myshuno's park, I think my answer is between the first choice and the second choice, it's a park created for sims to get married.

Ditto. I would try creating a more romantic location, but, I also agree with @ParmaViolet87 and think that what we currently have feels very lacklustre.
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Other.
    I'm lazy and a control freak, I just pick two sims and "marry" them in CAS.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I usually get married at parks - too lazy to build a specific venue.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    All weddings take place at Myshuno Meadows. It has everything there.
  • soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    Weddings, birthdays, pregnancies and births are very special to me in the sims so I go all out. They don't happen very often so it's special. I throw big get togethers, and for weddings I rarely ever have them at sims houses, but I have twice before. I prefer custom lots for weddings because of all the set up and tear down. If you have dedicated lots to this event then set up is already done and tear down is not necessary so it's actually easier.
  • soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    Typically I throw weddings around waterfalls and on top of the lighthouse in Brendleton Bay. Sometimes I'll have sims get married at the romance festival but sadly that rarely occurs in my game.

Love the lighthouse idea.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    edited July 2018
    If my Sims don't elope or have a home wedding, they usually use the Maxis-made park in San Myshuno that has a wedding setup. I've never used that lot for anything else so I think of it as the "Wedding Park". I've also got a wedding corner in the old mansion in Windenburg. I might add one near the Brindleton Bay lighthouse, too.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • a_niles06a_niles06 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Other.
    I change it up and use all of the above, except for the elope on the spot though I've used that plenty over the years. I just typically prefer to have a big wedding and actually go through the motions of it.

Typically for my founders/heirs of my legacies then I use all of the above. The spares typically just get thrown a wedding at the park in San Myshuno that has everything already set up. But even they get more custom weddings sometimes. Just depends on the mood I'm in and/or how attached to/invested in the couple I am :)
    ezgif_com_resize.gif

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Other.
    soko37 wrote: »
    Typically I throw weddings around waterfalls and on top of the lighthouse in Brendleton Bay. Sometimes I'll have sims get married at the romance festival but sadly that rarely occurs in my game.

Love the lighthouse idea.

Yes it's romantic. You can also pop fireworks from the lighthouse. I sat some batteries down and had a fireworks extravaganza from up there.
  • vancanuckfan86vancanuckfan86 Posts: 1,156 Member
    They elope on the spot.
    Normally they elope on the spot because I'm lazy - but I always have a wedding venue (downloaded from the gallery) on one of the community lots for the odd time I actually decide to throw a wedding.
  • simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    edited July 2018
    They elope on the spot.
    Mine usually elope on the spot. I have a couple of times set up an arch in their garden and invited family over but that's rare.
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • eeeyuneeeyun Posts: 45 Member
    I almost always have my Sims' weddings at the San Myshuno park - it's probably my favourite of all the parks and feels really romantic at night!
  • dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    Usually a church, park or romance festival.
    If I'm doing things properly for screenshots I'll use a fancy venue, but otherwise I'm in a hurry to get hitched, not quite enough to elope on the spot though.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    They elope on the spot.
    Never had a formal wedding in my game, they mostly elope on the spot. Sometimes though, I'll set up an arch in their backyard, bake a cake, put the wedding topper on it so they can 'feed a piece' afterward, have them get dressed up and get married that way. No guests though, so it's really just eloping.... in style! ;)