Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mesa Grande (Populated) (1.4 Release)

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    azul662azul662 Posts: 222 Member
    edited February 2014
    Aaron - It's working ... I deleted my firdt MG game, & started over with a new MG - now kids r going 2 school.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    aaronrogers8i3aaronrogers8i3 Posts: 555 Member
    edited February 2014
    It's a save file issue? How odd. Glad you have it working. Let me know of it happens again.:D
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Added Ambitions lots as optional downloads. Also had to move pics to imgr. :-)
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    1.4 on its way.:D

tumblr_n2lk0mysyc1t01y2po2_1280.jpg

tumblr_n2lk0mysyc1t01y2po3_1280.jpg

tumblr_n2lk0mysyc1t01y2po1_1280.jpg
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    Playerthe95Playerthe95 Posts: 129 Member
    edited March 2014
    I noticed a bug after having playing the world for a while where my sim would not go to work. He was well on his way to the top of the police career, but as soon as he became an adult, he would try to go to work but the action would be canceled after a few seconds. I quit his job and joined another career but the same thing happened. I also noticed that the teenager in another family I made never went to school. This bug is fairly frustrating and I just don't know what is causing it.
  • Options
    Playerthe95Playerthe95 Posts: 129 Member
    edited March 2014
    Oh I see you fixed the school bug in 1.4, but I'm going to have to download it to see if the careers are fixed.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Haven't been able to update the first post yet but you can download the new version on my blog. Link is my signature. :)
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited March 2014
    THIS is exactly what I been looking for.I'm really tempted to download it.

Quick Question: What type of CC is in it? And is any of it from TSR? Do the sims you create contain CC clothing?

I'm just really worried about CC.I tried some last week from a gorgeous house and half of the CC was broken, kept resetting my sim.I'm sure you did plenty of testing, but bad experiences made me paranoid LOL.But this world has the quaint charm I was looking for, it actually reminds me of a town called Preston in CT.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Every bit of cc is mine because I'm not a fan of third party stuff myself. There's a single package to install that contains everything the world needs. there's no cc clothing and all sims are made with the basegame. The town is based on Colorado and the Grand Canyon so it has an american vibe to it. :)
  • Options
    azul662azul662 Posts: 222 Member
    edited March 2014
    1.4 on its way.:D

Looks Great - you always do excellent work! Though I got one question - what's the difference between this version 1.4 and the previous version? Is it that you retextured the rabbitholes, and/or added more lots?

I'll download it - but just wanted to know the difference. :)

***EDIT*** Never mind Aaron, I went to your blog and read what the updates where - sorry - I should of went there first. By the way - Strangetown - looks frantically fantastic!!! Love those buildings you did in town :-)
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Thanks! Hope the world is running well for you. Can't wait to release strangetown. It's coming on really well! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited March 2014
    I'm late installing this, but I noticed over time you were releasing updated versions, so I waited. I had enough time this morning to finally gather all the extra lots and so forth, install the world, and WOW...

It is absolutely beautiful, as pretty as your screenshots promise. Everything is laid out wonderfully, the lots are perfectly built, colour matched, and there is attention to even the smallest detail like drain covers and such.
    I loved reading the little bio's for the families and sims that you have included. The Bridgeport Mafia was my favourite as well as the Bank Network guy. They made me laugh :D

As I said before, I am typically one who never downloads worlds if they contain custom content. I've even held off from downloading Awesims worlds which everyone else seems to love, because of their use of CC. But, I relaxed my own rule for Mesa Grande because you didn't include the CC within the world, and you combined it all into one single, handy package.

Thank you so much for sharing. the amount of care that has gone into the creation of this world is outstanding, and I'm going to neglect my housework for the rest of the day, and play in it.

:D
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    rotatarotata Posts: 180 Member
    edited March 2014
    Whine!!! I've spent so much time re-making Mesa Grande 1.3 into a Western world, I'm loathe to start all over with 1.4.

Will my edits save across versions?

Of course, a new version would give me a reason to correct my mistakes...

• Options
    edited March 2014
    Sorry Rotata! :P
    I don't think the saves will transfer and if they do it might be unstable. if you want an empty version of the world without lots though I'll upload one for you? :wink:
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Oh, I'd just love a chance to play around with the empty version. I've filled up the center of "Oldhouse" with some of the rabbits from Pets and surrounded it with tiny little Victorians. It takes a while to have a Sim go in and check out each little house and business for usability. I'm gaining tremendous appreciation for flat lots.

• Options
    NicoleWasHereNicoleWasHere Posts: 36 New Member
    edited March 2014
    Started 1.4 this evening, was I correct in seeing that the school and auditorium were missing? :S
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    I'll upload an empty version asap! :-D Nicole was here - If you,re updating from an older version you need to replace the DBC file with the new one :)
  • Options
    NicoleWasHereNicoleWasHere Posts: 36 New Member
    edited March 2014
    Ah right, thanks Aaron!
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    There's a total of 93 lots in the world - 53 residential and 40 community.

There's also 20 playable households already in the world with plenty of space for new sims.

I personally wouldn't recommend this world without CC. Everything was designed for the world by me and without it it's not the same. I only use the CC I make and it all works fine. :-)

There's no CC CAS stuff in the world either; all sims were made with the basegame content. :D

• Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,019 Member
    edited July 2014
    ...you can grab the latest version (1.4) here http://www.mediafire.com/download/hy0ujcbk1sh23rl/Mesa+Grande+1.4.zip ...

eAWiUzu.png
    aaronrogers8i3, I wanted to let you know that this week I found your Mesa Grande world, downloaded it, and have been playing there. It's great!

I was looking for a substitute for Lucky Palms because I got tired of waiting for it to go on sale. I'm very happy with what you've created. It has lots of room, I like the sims, and it's beautiful. I've been adding more lots and content from my other expansions, packs, and the store since Mesa Grande was created with only the base game. Everything is working perfectly.

Thank you for your efforts. And here's a greeting from your sim, James Jones and his new plumbot, Zipha. I chose him to play because I wanted a sim with science-compatible traits.

original.jpg
  • Options
    RowanerRowaner Posts: 36 Member
    I really like the look of your world, reminds me of Australia. I'd like to edit it slightly in CAW, would you possibly consider releasing the CAW files?
  • Options
    JennyjsimJennyjsim Posts: 2 New Member
    aaronrogers8i3 Hi! I just downloaded your world loved it. But i encounter a problem with the lighting it get really dark in the middle of the day and i can barely see outside the house both in map view and in every lot. Am i the only one encountering this problem or is it supposed to be that way? Please help!!
  • Options
    CherrySimszCherrySimsz Posts: 1 New Member
    I am encountering problems with this world, First of all, sometimes it can become really dark in the middle of the day why is this happening
  • Options
    I've played this off and on for several years. No problems with lighting during the day, it is just very dark at night. Do you use a lighting mod?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top