Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seasons Broke Crazy Parties!

Since playing Seasons, I've had several opportunities to go to crazy parties at the bluffs, the chalet and the ruins. The big problem is the DJ booth doesn't work in the rain. It also doesn't work when it's cloudy. And it's almost always cloudy or rainy. I finally got invited during a clear day and the DJ booth still isn't working. The crazy parties are a big part of game play. I can understand that electronics don't work in the rain but shouldn't EA provide some alternative for DJ booths to work in the rain? How about a tent covering or a pergola that would function as covering for the DJ booth to work?

Has anyone found a work around for music at the outdoor dance parties?

Comments

• Jordyn78988Jordyn78988 Posts: 421 Member
    I almost never attend those parties, but I can see that being a huge issue. Can your sim repair the DJ booth once the rain has stopped? That's the only workaround that I can think of.
  • SuniroseSunirose Posts: 460 Member
    The only option that appears after the rain has stopped is "Use". And when i click on the word use, nothing happens. :(
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Yes, electronics don't work in the rain for me, but the next time the parties come up I get everything functioning just fine.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 454 Member
    I wonder if the developers would make the outdoor booths waterproof. I love those parties.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    Can't the bluffs be edited so you can add a cover?
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    a small area of the bluffs can be edited, but just around the pool there. the dj booth is well outside that area
  • hannaaj22hannaaj22 Posts: 685 Member
    I've also found that the outdoor speakers break in the rain which defeats the point of them being outdoor speakers.. I hope they patch it in so a few of the more "outdoorsy" electronic items are immune to rain or at least get some kind of cover
    Leon Family Tree
    Origin ID: hannaaj22
  • rosehrtgirlrosehrtgirl Posts: 252 Member
    It would be nice if canopies covers would spawn along with the booth and bar. Cover over the dj booth, dancers and bar area. But it wouldn't do much good during a thunderstorm, blizzard, or windy day.
    I almost never attend those parties, but I can see that being a huge issue. Can your sim repair the DJ booth once the rain has stopped? That's the only workaround that I can think of.

Having 10000+ gaming hours into TS4, my game is one continual dating fiesta. It's all that ever seems to get accomplished in my game. My play style is family oriented and I've tried everything i could think of to make the game just that. But no matter what i do, i can't get my sims interested in a real family life. I would go on about it but not in this thread. So the reason i brought this up even is because my game revolves around dating, i use the crazy parties constantly. So, I do feel the loss of them working correctly.

If you don't use crazy parties, what do you do in your game. To me there isn't much else but to take advantage of parties.

• keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Sunirose wrote: »

Having 10000+ gaming hours into TS4, my game is one continual dating fiesta. It's all that ever seems to get accomplished in my game. My play style is family oriented and I've tried everything i could think of to make the game just that. But no matter what i do, i can't get my sims interested in a real family life. I would go on about it but not in this thread. So the reason i brought this up even is because my game revolves around dating, i use the crazy parties constantly. So, I do feel the loss of them working correctly.

If you don't use crazy parties, what do you do in your game. To me there isn't much else but to take advantage of parties.

I have this crazy old looking warehouse (downloaded from the gallery) that is an underground nightclub. My sims hook up there, dance in a huge cage that surrounds the DJ booth and dance floors (rave like), drink at the bar, I have a (I think I am allowed to say) drug related mod which makes it a bit more rave like. Yeah some of my Sims are real party sims and get into a lot of trouble LOL. There are always consequences.

I wish I could make a lot teen only so my teens can get into a bit more trouble.
  • Jordyn78988Jordyn78988 Posts: 421 Member

To be honest, I find the crazy parties a bit unrealistic, and they don't fit in with my play style (which is also family oriented). I also don't attend them because (most of the time) either the sim who is inviting or my sim is not someone who I think would attend one of those parties. Also, I don't really tend to get bored of family play easily; most of my sims just stay home and do house chores, lol. That's just me though :)
  • Montrase102Montrase102 Posts: 330 Member
    Do you have Jungle Adventure? I used the rustic rubber tree arbor as cover over the booth and it kept it safe from the rain. The party goers got wet though lol
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I dislike those parties because the invites usually happen during the night when my sims are asleep.

To be honest, I find the crazy parties a bit unrealistic, and they don't fit in with my play style (which is also family oriented). I also don't attend them because (most of the time) either the sim who is inviting or my sim is not someone who I think would attend one of those parties. Also, I don't really tend to get bored of family play easily; most of my sims just stay home and do house chores, lol. That's just me though :)

I can see how family life would work for the most part if you keep them home and don't attend parties. Because honestly, I find the sims I play get into relational trouble when outsiders start intruding into their lives. But I just have to get out of the house sometimes.

Another thing is if someone else gets my sims attention, then my sim will nag at their spouse relentlessly until they get to date the other someone. Basically, if someone gets interested in my sim who is married, that outsider will inform their circle of friends and it's all downhill from there. And for some incomprehensible reason my sims just can't say no to that outsider no matter how perfect the marriage and family life is.
    Do you have Jungle Adventure? I used the rustic rubber tree arbor as cover over the booth and it kept it safe from the rain. The party goers got wet though lol

I do have Jungle Adventure. But how would you set that up over the DJ booth at the bluffs, ruins and chalet? Is it portable?