Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Pack Confirmed? Official Polish Q&A

agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
https://simsvip.com/2018/07/13/the-sims-4-ea-poland-confirms-another-game-pack-or-expansion-for-2018/

What do you guys think about this?

ETA: As a person who speaks polish - the ask was not about expansions and game packs ONLY. It asked about a new DLC in general. So it could be a stuff pack as well.
Post edited by agustd on

Comments

• Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    I hope we get another expansion pack.
  • Scorpina2009Scorpina2009 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Me too; I can't wait to add something new to my game: hopefully, sending a faerie to college LOL
  • birdonawirebirdonawire Posts: 399 Member
    I would love an expansion pack like University, but I think it might be a game pack of some sorts. Either way I'm very excited!
  • agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    edited July 2018
    Now, the word "dodatek" in polish means both an expansion pack and just "DLC". So I guess if that's true we can expect pretty much anything.

Let's hope for something bigger than a stuff pack though :)
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    agustd wrote: »
    Now, the word "dodatek" in polish means both an expansion pack and just "DLC". So I guess if that's true we can expect pretty much anything.

Evidently the story was deleted from the original site.

But I wonder if it could be a major patch coming for the fall -- something as big as toddlers or the gender patch.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I think we can except another EP this year.
    Lu4ERme.gif

But I wonder if it could be a major patch coming for the fall -- something as big as toddlers or the gender patch.

To clarify - dodatek means paid DLC. Forgot a patch is also considered DLC.

Big patches are always welcome, it would surely be nice of them to drop something major. I just can't really come up with anything "big" I'd like to see to be honest. It's hard to tell which features are even possible to be included in a free update since we know EA is not really about giving out free candy like it's halloween :p
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    Was expecting an actual name or something the 'mystery pack'. :p

Figured there would be at least another EP or GP before the end of the year for sure with possibly another stuff pack later on too.

Honestly I'm looking more forward to some of this unpaid content we'll be getting inbetween.
    5vJrxmT.png
    edited July 2018
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    Was expecting an actual name or something the 'mystery pack'. :p

Figured there would be at least another EP or GP before the end of the year for sure with possibly another stuff pack later on too.

Honestly I'm looking more forward to some of this unpaid content we'll be getting inbetween.

I doubt that unpaid content will be any different to what we've been getting until now. Probably some objects and hairstyles here and there to create some buzz. I would love to be proven wrong though. The major update for 2018 is yet to come, assuming they're gonna keep this tradition of gifting us truly game changing patches yearly.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I think this is more speculation than anything; I feel the title is just clickbait and would've been better off with a question mark at the end. Plus it's kind of a no-brainer that new packs are coming anyway.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
    edited July 2018
    I think this is more speculation than anything; I feel the title is just clickbait and would've been better off with a question mark at the end. Plus it's kind of a no-brainer that new packs are coming anyway.

It was an official Q&A ran by EA representatives. Not american ones, yes, but still EA. I don't see how it's speculation then?

With the recent announcement by sim guru Kate, many are wondering if it's possible they're going back to the old, 2 EPs a year model. I think this here pretty much confirms it. Therefore I don't see how the title is a clickbait in your opinion, but I'm gonna change the title in a sec.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Lol I could've told y'all that
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member

I think nothing of it. I thought it was a given that there would probably be something released between now and January.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
    Cupid wrote: »

I think nothing of it. I thought it was a given that there would probably be something released between now and January.

I just find it funny how the american representatives for EA aren't allowed to tell us anything but their employees in other countries just don't care.

Last year an employee from a country in South America I believe outed Seasons to be the next EP through EA chat lol.
  • JaiSeaJaiSea Posts: 907 Member
    Haven't we only been getting one EP a year?
    Check out my latest Multiplayer Let's Play! The Off the Grid challenge - single family addition.
    MPOTGthumbnail.jpg
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    edited July 2018
    I doubt that unpaid content will be any different to what we've been getting until now. Probably some objects and hairstyles here and there to create some buzz. I would love to be proven wrong though. The major update for 2018 is yet to come, assuming they're gonna keep this tradition of gifting us truly game changing patches yearly.

I can dream. :p Seasons breathed more life into me and my game. Never know what can happen in a few months time. My hopeful wishlist is some more returning NPC's. Though I always enjoy free anything with content.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Hope it's a Dating or University Ep coming but I'm also hoping for a Gamepack as well.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Haven't we only been getting one EP a year?

Get To Work and Get Together released the same year. I think their changing things up.
  • BradyGalaxyBradyGalaxy Posts: 306 Member
    I'm feeling some kind of game pack... They released seasons not too long ago.
    Proud simmer
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

To clarify - dodatek means paid DLC. Forgot a patch is also considered DLC.

Big patches are always welcome, it would surely be nice of them to drop something major. I just can't really come up with anything "big" I'd like to see to be honest. It's hard to tell which features are even possible to be included in a free update since we know EA is not really about giving out free candy like it's halloween :p

Cars would be pretty big, especially if they involve more than just riding in them while the loading screen loads. Something you can work on and upgrade to help build handiness, for example.

Personally I welcome a few months of bug fixes; bird of paradise plants are still bugged in my game (and that's the last base game plant I need for the gardening collection; have a few Granite Falls plants and Wolfsbane from Vampires to find as well.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Tan80Tan80 Posts: 72 Member
    I hope we get a beach theme pack.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Is there anyone who thinks that we won't get at least one more pack this year? It's just July for Pete's sake. "Possibility of another pack this year!" Wow! What a shocker.
  • Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    The Gurus had to say SEVERAL TIMES on twitter that Seasons is not the last pack ever released to TS4.
    So yes, there are people arround who doubt it. And for several valid reasons, actually. But that is way off topic.
  • gpneves123gpneves123 Posts: 3 New Member
    I just want University Life now pleaseee EA
  • EliharbEliharb Posts: 476 Member
    Hope it's a Dating or University Ep coming but I'm also hoping for a Gamepack as well.

More dating? :neutral:
    Playing on Intel Core i7-5960X 16 core CPU - 32 GB DDR4 Ram - GTX 980 Ti