Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Downton Abbey world

Gaxili1Gaxili1 Posts: 212 Member
edited March 5 in Nominated Threads
Hi there! :smile: I'm working on making a Downton Abbey world in the 1920's with York village and all the places from the series. I might even add a few characters as well.

It's a long progress, but here's what I have so far :smiley: I'd love any feedback and ideas for the world! :blush:
tumblr_ocotmwpxlv1tep20co7_1280.png
tumblr_ocotmwpxlv1tep20co2_1280.png
tumblr_ocotmwpxlv1tep20co4_1280.png
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• flstriderflstrider Posts: 1,912 Member
    @Gaxili1 Lovely as usual! I am just going to send you my heightmaps and let you do the terrain painting for me...lol! I would love to know what brush settings you use and how do you layer?
    My World's thread linked in Sig
    NewSig.jpg

• Gaxili1Gaxili1 Posts: 212 Member
    Haha thank you so much @flstrider :wink: Well in this case I have to confess I started off with a premade world and merely just tweaked the terrain to my liking - I got it from cawster which has a lot of neat options to start building on. I always find it easier starting off with a base of :blush:
    I'd still be happy to share my brushes and layers though!
    tumblr_ocqn11iaK01tep20co1_1280.png
    tumblr_ocqn11iaK01tep20co2_1280.png

Crowkeeper has made some fantastic recolors for the wildflower meadows on the castle's left side. Here's some of them :smiley:
  • mortimorgothmortimorgoth Posts: 30 Member
    This is just too beautiful! It's so peaceful and grand! I can't believe you have the time to do all of this! :D<3
    This is just too beautiful! It's so peaceful and grand! I can't believe you have the time to do all of this! :D<3

Aaw thank you so much! :smile: It's a larger project but I'll get there I hope :wink:
  • Rflong13Rflong13 Posts: 682 Member
    Hi :mrgreen:

Oooowww- It looks so Lovely! :+1:
  • HeketeHekete Posts: 247 Member
    Oh i used to watch the show. I seen all the series :) i hope you manage to finish this!
    Rflong13 wrote: »
    Hi :mrgreen:

Oooowww- It looks so Lovely! :+1:

Thank you so much @Rflong7 :smiley:
    Hekete wrote: »
    Oh i used to watch the show. I seen all the series :) i hope you manage to finish this!

Me too! I have even started watching the series for the third time now :wink: Oh gosh! And I will, I promise :smile:
    More updates
    tumblr_ocsb2y3X9s1tep20co5_1280.png
    tumblr_ocsb2y3X9s1tep20co4_1280.png

Meadow wildflower fields are done ^

tumblr_ocsb2y3X9s1tep20co1_1280.png
    tumblr_ocsb2y3X9s1tep20co6_1280.png
    Started on the Monk's garden :smile: ^

• HeketeHekete Posts: 247 Member
    hahah thought it was one lot XD
  • samthomson26samthomson26 Posts: 1 New Member
    OMG that looks so amazing!! Massive fan of the show and have actually been doing a similar thing myself over the last few months (been attempting Downton and Another world that was a bit of London in the 20s ft. Grantham House, Eaton Square etc.) Although not been making much progress :( is there anyway you could publish an unfinished version of your world?? Would be so amazing just to have a look around??
    OMG that looks so amazing!! Massive fan of the show and have actually been doing a similar thing myself over the last few months (been attempting Downton and Another world that was a bit of London in the 20s ft. Grantham House, Eaton Square etc.) Although not been making much progress :( is there anyway you could publish an unfinished version of your world?? Would be so amazing just to have a look around??

I'm working on finishing the first version of this world and hope to be able to share it soon! Sorry for the late reply and thank you for the lovely comments!
  • MsRedMsRed Posts: 117 Member
    I've been reading your Simblr posts about this World and hoping you get around to sharing it soon!
    I love all the characters you've created (Lady Edith and the Dowager are SO FAB!) :blush:
    You should go ahead and share them all, if you were to ask me... ;)
    The Sims 3 Store: ♢ My Page | ♢ My Wishlist | ♢ YouTube Channel | ♢ My Top 5

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top