March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    Shadyboop wrote: »
    Oh no! I am buried in mountain of projects that I am unable to update my simlit! :cold_sweat:

Same here! Good luck to you !

but you just finished one a week or 2 ago. :)

knowing you you will find time somewhere. i keep picturing your ideas bursting out your brain. okay a little gross but i think you know what i mean.

Ha! Yeah... For a long time, I wrote every day, or at least four-to-five times a week. For the past few weeks, my goal is just three posts per week, a poem on Sunday, and then two chapters in the story that goes with the Sunday poems. If I get that, I meet my goal! Anything extra is gravy! So far, I haven't done any of the goal yet, so that means I'll need some writing time this weekend!

Hope you get to write, too, Sissy! I'm loving the surprises the Benders are throwing us!

maybe tomorrow morning before work. jagger the one with nothing wrong with him beat up martin. the one with autim. i know how to spell it its dark in here. i think they added stuff to story progressin. toight lauren was with her whatamacal him and he told her where he worked so they could meet up.

• TheAemaSimmingTheAemaSimming Posts: 2,684 Member
    Ok I am frustrated. I was reading about optimizing photos for the web and downsizing the size of photo and so I did it.... and now some of them seem blurry.... I even looked at them in the software I was using to downsize and they seemed fine in comparison to originals... but not once they uploaded to my blog. Worst part is I think I dumped the originals... ugh so dumb. Well, I guess I will have to go back to the drawing board and live with a few blurry photos for my next post... ugh.

Also I have this idea for my legacy but it involves a set I don't have and I can't seem to find anything on the gallery and I am also not an amazing builder. Hopefully I can work through this... Pray for me/or send good vibrations my way, fellow simmers...
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,088 Member
    Ok I am frustrated. I was reading about optimizing photos for the web and downsizing the size of photo and so I did it.... and now some of them seem blurry.... I even looked at them in the software I was using to downsize and they seemed fine in comparison to originals... but not once they uploaded to my blog. Worst part is I think I dumped the originals... ugh so dumb. Well, I guess I will have to go back to the drawing board and live with a few blurry photos for my next post... ugh.

Also I have this idea for my legacy but it involves a set I don't have and I can't seem to find anything on the gallery and I am also not an amazing builder. Hopefully I can work through this... Pray for me/or send good vibrations my way, fellow simmers...

With your blog, you'll want to find out what size your particular theme sets for image width. For example, some WordPress themes, no matter what size the image is, will resize the image to 660 or 700 pixels. Once you find what the width is, then when you resize, be sure that the size you select matches or is larger than the set width.

It gets blurry when your image is smaller than what the theme uses. Then the theme blows it up to fit its width, and when an image gets blown up, unless it's vector, it will look blurry.

I also have better luck with having my images as .png than .jpg. Some people don't notice enough difference between the two on their blogs to want to be willing to go for the larger file size that a .png has, but I'm willing to make that sacrifice. I actually have multiple WordPress blogs, and some of them are used only to store my images (I then copy the image code to insert into the site where the story is.) . So that's why I'm willing to have a little larger file sizes and get the clarity that comes with .pngs. I find they are much crisper than .jpgs!

But first, just try making sure that the size you resize it to matches or is larger than what the blog sets them at.
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    @CathyTea Thanks for the advice. I didn't consider the pixel size the actual theme had. I still have a Blogger account for now, but I will definitely look into that. I've been reading through your Wordpress Beginners thread chealsycat set up a few years ago (???) and trying to get enough inspiration to jump back into a wordpress account. My first account, as I mentioned, struggled, so I feel a little burned...
  • FaoiltearnaFaoiltearna Posts: 767 Member
    edited July 2018
    You know what's so cool about this thread? Since we started it, we can go nuts with as many off-topic posts as we want! Yay! We don't have to worry about boring others! It's a lounge, right? So if our conversation is boring to others, they can listen to the music instead of listening to us! :)

I realize this is totally, like, 3 years old now, but this post shows me this is exactly the right place for me! :lol:
    It really is. I'm still pretty new and I love just coming in the check out what conversations are going on. Welcome @Faoiltearna!!
  • simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    You know what's so cool about this thread? Since we started it, we can go nuts with as many off-topic posts as we want! Yay! We don't have to worry about boring others! It's a lounge, right? So if our conversation is boring to others, they can listen to the music instead of listening to us! :)

I realize this is totally, like, 3 years old now, but this post shows me this is exactly the right place for me! :lol:

Hi @Faoiltearna Welcome to the forums. :)
  • ShadyboopShadyboop Posts: 6,751 Member

Welcome! :smile:
    I prefer Shade than Shady
    Thanks @TheAemaSimming @simscognito and @Shadyboop!

Short intro: I've been hanging around these forums since they were Sims 3 forums, and have playing since The Sims. :grin: However, I just recently started writing SimLit, and wanted to share with other readers/authors. This looked like a friendly, active place with people wanting to read and share their own works. Can't wait to get started reading. :)

I've got a story going, several chapters in, with plans for more in the future. The Underwood Decision will take you to the index page, and all the chapters have previous chapter/next chapter links where appropriate.

Short intro: I've been hanging around these forums since they were Sims 3 forums, and have playing since The Sims. :grin: However, I just recently started writing SimLit, and wanted to share with other readers/authors. This looked like a friendly, active place with people wanting to read and share their own works. Can't wait to get started reading. :)

I've got a story going, several chapters in, with plans for more in the future. The Underwood Decision will take you to the index page, and all the chapters have previous chapter/next chapter links where appropriate.

@Faoiltearna That title is so captivating.
  • ShadyboopShadyboop Posts: 6,751 Member

Sound like a title I'd pick for a fantasy setting... Really beautiful...
    I prefer Shade than Shady
    Shadyboop wrote: »

Sound like a title I'd pick for a fantasy setting... Really beautiful...
    Yep. XD
  • CharmingMaruskaCharmingMaruska Posts: 1,050 Member

Love the post! This is basically the only thread on the forums I visit and I'm so grateful it's still active, it's been such a source of comfort for me these past years and I think for many other SimLit fans, too.

Welcome @Faoiltearna !
  • aroseinbloomaroseinbloom Posts: 3,456 Member
    Hello, all!

Checking in between a busy weekend of work and getting ready to leave. I hope you're all well!

well done with drs and blood work for now . its routine because of my meds

and since i don't get to wear it too work i wore my harry potter shirt with the crest on it in the hogwarts colors i was going down to meet mom for my appointment but i had laundry with me which un balaces me a little. and when this girl rolled down her window i was afraid i got too close to her car but she just wanted to say she liked my shirt.

oh and after 2 years of predictible behavior noel and lauren went all ayden on me and changed the story. lol

HP tshirts are the very best! Glad someone noticed your @friendsfan367
    Hello, all!

Checking in between a busy weekend of work and getting ready to leave. I hope you're all well!

Hi, Rosey! :)

Hiya @CathyTea. How are you doing? Is your summer garden in full bloom, yet??
    Seeing a different side of V!

Full Bowl: Part 1

1.4.3.jpg
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

a little over 3 i think. we remember about birthdays and blogaversarys but cathtea and i seem to always neglect to remember the loungeaversary. its differnt than the day we started this because we met in whole differnt thread.
    @Faoiltearna I went to check out your story and I couldn't help but binge it all. So good. :)

Thank you! I think sometimes the title is the thing that draws people to want to read further. :)
    @Faoiltearna I went to check out your story and I couldn't help but binge it all. So good. :)

Oh good! I'm glad you enjoyed it! There are more chapters coming. I'm working on one right now... or I would be if I wasn't here reading stuff. :grin: Time to get back to writing.
    Seeing a different side of V!
    Full Bowl: Part 1

Ooo, can't wait to see how the story unfolds. I'm intrigued to learn more about V.
    @CathyTea Thanks for the advice. I didn't consider the pixel size the actual theme had. I still have a Blogger account for now, but I will definitely look into that. I've been reading through your Wordpress Beginners thread chealsycat set up a few years ago (???) and trying to get enough inspiration to jump back into a wordpress account. My first account, as I mentioned, struggled, so I feel a little burned...

It looks like your blog is set up for images that are 800 px wide. So you might give that a try! Try resizing them at 800--if they still look blurry, try maybe 900 or 1000.

I'm glad you found out WordPress thread! I think it makes it seem more complicated than it is (as instructions tend to do). Many things are pretty intuitive, if one just pokes around.

I'm really happy to help with WordPress, if you ever decide to try again, and lots of folks here are way more experienced than I am, too, and are also eager to help! :)

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member

It looks like your blog is set up for images that are 800 px wide. So you might give that a try! Try resizing them at 800--if they still look blurry, try maybe 900 or 1000.

I'm glad you found out WordPress thread! I think it makes it seem more complicated than it is (as instructions tend to do). Many things are pretty intuitive, if one just pokes around.

I'm really happy to help with WordPress, if you ever decide to try again, and lots of folks here are way more experienced than I am, too, and are also eager to help! :)

I'm here if anyone needs any WP help. :) I've done a few of them now but I'm not a 100% expert.

Ah! Yay! How cool that you found that old post and that it made you feel welcoming! Well, it's taken a bit of community-building and also some resilience to move through a whole variety of shifts and dynamics, but I think that, as a community, we've done a great job in maintaining that spirit of the thread!

We want it to be a welcoming, inclusive place, where one can drop by every day or once a year and always feel welcomed!

My online sis, @friendsfan367 , has done an incredible job of promoting that style here! And everyone who participates in the long run also chips in to make it feel really welcoming!

You'll get to know the regulars, who are always here with a kind smile! :)

Love the post! This is basically the only thread on the forums I visit and I'm so grateful it's still active, it's been such a source of comfort for me these past years and I think for many other SimLit fans, too.

Welcome @Faoiltearna !

Yay! This makes me so happy that you love this thread! I'm grateful it's still active, too.

At a time when I got super busy, we had great crew ( @simscognito , @Bugsie2016 , @Shadyboop , @LyricSimsz15 , @LegacySims2017 , @Karilan , @AdamsEve1231 , and many others) who, along with @friendsfan367 , kept the thread alive and welcoming, in its original spirit! That's what it takes to build and maintain community! :)<3

Here's to many more years!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top