Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Jungle Adventure

I am quite disappointed with JA. I was so looking forward to this GP! Yes I have had some fun with it but this is not like in the Sims 3 where you went through an adventure and completed it; it resets when leaving to go home and we have to go through it again, all be a different scenario!

We never had things like this in the Sims 1/2 and I am not saying I don't like it but having to keep going back at another time to unlock certain area's and "gates" that need to be chopped down, time and time again. The game saying I need to come again on another adventure is quite frustrating to explore a new area is frustrating. It is like deja vu in many respects.

Firstly the game doesn't recognize when you have visited a certain area so your Sim has to go through the same scenario to get to a new "area". There is still "?" marks over area explored in the map so you go over old ground; getting the same moodlets and senario's coming up; and yes you get rewards, but to me this is not what the game is about. I understand that they want a Sim to continue to come and play in the area again and again but personally I find this extremely boring after a few times. I want my Sim to complete an area and move on, do other things in the game. And although scenario's change, maybe different challenges, my Sim is still going over the same area. It gets very frustrating, almost to "sleep" boring, especially going past the waterfall and getting the Romantic moodlet! Why can't our Sims bypass this?

I don't mind this kind of game play in the Sims 4 but at once it is done it should be done, as it was in the Sims 3.Once an area was explored that was it! I don't want to be going over the same ground over and over. Let's move on, it's no fun for me. The Sims 1 and 2 never got boring no matter how much going over old ground I did, because it was achieving in some skill or other way or other things. Not because we were following some designed "roll play" we have no control over. I feel this aspect of the Sims has changed since the Sims 3.

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I feel exactly the same way. There are times that I would love to send my sim back, and not deal with starting all over. I would have preferred it if once my sim completes something, then those question marks go away, for that sim who's completed it already. Then the next time they come back they could go straight to one of the places they have already discovered. I believe that is why I lost interest in even going to the jungle.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Have you forgotten that in Sims 3, once a tomb has been fully completed, than it's completed for the whole save? Which means if another sim were to go through that tomb, than they'll discover that it's already been passed through and defeats the purpose of tomb exploration for that sim because a different sim was already used to complete it in the save. If that's what you wanted, then JA is not for you.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Have you forgotten that in Sims 3, once a tomb has been fully completed then it's completed for the whole save? Which means if another sim were to go through that tomb than they'll discover that it's already been passed through and defeats the purpose of tomb exploration for that sim because a different sim was already used to complete it in the save. If that's what you wanted, then JA is not for you.

It was an easy fix, all you had to do was either save the tomb to the bin or start up a fresh save and save the tomb. Then place a new fresh copy down, and everything was basically reset. I did this several times.
  • PrincessrozeeSPrincessrozeeS Posts: 390 Member
    Have you forgotten that in Sims 3, once a tomb has been fully completed, than it's completed for the whole save? Which means if another sim were to go through that tomb, than they'll discover that it's already been passed through and defeats the purpose of tomb exploration for that sim because a different sim was already used to complete it in the save. If that's what you wanted, then JA is not for you.

I never found this a problem in the Sims 3 when playing other households although it has been sometime since I played the Sims 3.

I am not saying I don't like JA, the pack has a lot of qualities and things to offer, but I find it repetitive going through the same scenario's to get to where my Sim want's to go. And when chopping down the gates each time when returning to JA on a different occasions is just tiresome. The game resets to present locked gates, new traps, and put in new dig sites, that have been previously explored, chests refilled. That is how it has to be to played otherwise it would be unplayable for other Sim households. But it is basically the same thing over and over. Our Sims have to go back several times to find different rewards and fulfill Aspirations. Of course our Sims will find new items to keep us going back time and time again, that is the nature of the game, but it can become tiresome having to unlock gates and seeing the same "chance" scenarios coming up. That is my point of view.

I have still not worked out why some gates are locked unless it is because my Sim explored them on a different occasion; opening a new area by locking those area's already explored. I would have liked to seen the "?" mark for the area map showing a name of where my Sim explored, so I would know it had been explored and what is left to explore! Yes we get the rewards when chopping through the gates to another area, but find nothing really new, just the same scenario's coming up, perhaps getting different items as rewards. At least with the Sims 3 once it was explored it done I knew there wasn't anymore to be got from there. My Sim could move on to do other things in the game or use another Family in the game to explore that area and have them achieve too.

I don't want people to think I don't like Jungle Adventures, it has helped with doing new things in the game. I am just making observations about how I play my game and what I expect from it.