Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seasons birthdays?

So I'm doing birthdays with aging off. I selected what I want done on the holiday and obviously gifts is one of them, but it has it for the birthday girl to give gifts which makes no sense. Is there a way around this?
heartstopper-couple.gif

Comments

• Jordyn78988Jordyn78988 Posts: 421 Member
    Not that I know of.
  • CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    So I'm doing birthdays with aging off. I selected what I want done on the holiday and obviously gifts is one of them, but it has it for the birthday girl to give gifts which makes no sense. Is there a way around this?

When I hold birthdays I have them as an event instead of a holiday. Durning the event there is an option in the friendly social to “give birthday gift” to the birthday sim.
  • BatmanFanGirlBatmanFanGirl Posts: 1,298 Member
    Cheekybits wrote: »

When I hold birthdays I have them as an event instead of a holiday. Durning the event there is an option in the friendly social to “give birthday gift” to the birthday sim.

IF you do it as an event don't they have to age up? I'm trying to have birthday parties that don't age them up.
    heartstopper-couple.gif
  • HanneeHannee Posts: 36 Member
    [/quote]
    IF you do it as an event don't they have to age up? I'm trying to have birthday parties that don't age them up. [/quote]

I believe they don't have to age up but if the event is goaled they end up with a failed party if they don't
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member

IF you do it as an event don't they have to age up? I'm trying to have birthday parties that don't age them up.

Isn't that the penultimate goal of having a birthday?
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member

You don't have to age them up. Only if they blow out the candles on the cake they do. If you do a goaled event it will say to do that but just don't do a goaled event. If aging is on though they will age up at some point.
  • JayTheGingerHamsterJayTheGingerHamster Posts: 33 Member
    I agree that having them as an event works better
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,507 Member
    If you don't throw a party, or at least give them a birthday cake, and they age up, the Sim gets very sad because said birthday was forgotten! :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    If you don't throw a party, or at least give them a birthday cake, and they age up, the Sim gets very sad because said birthday was forgotten! :open_mouth:

Actually, sims become sad if they age up automatically (or with cheats). This can be avoided with birthday cake that makes the aging up sim happy no matter if you throw the birthday party or not.
  • BatmanFanGirlBatmanFanGirl Posts: 1,298 Member

I'm trying to act like they have multiple birthday parties as a kid, teen etc, rather then one bday party where they age up to the next life stage.
    heartstopper-couple.gif
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member

I'm trying to act like they have multiple birthday parties as a kid, teen etc, rather then one bday party where they age up to the next life stage.

Then simply create the birthday parties as normal but do not set it as a goaled event. That means the event goals won't push you to age up your sim through blowing the candles on the cake and you can celebrate the party anyway you like. Just avoid the cake, or at least never put candles on it.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • ActuallyxAnnaActuallyxAnna Posts: 52 Member
    If you're doing it this way then don't have it on their actual birthday that way they won't feel sad and don't make it an actual birthday party, decorate it with gifts and balloons but in your head it will be the sims birthday!