Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What did you do with Magnolia Promenade?

Comments

• Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    You guys have such fab ideas! I need to breathe life into my Magnolia Promenade :smiley:
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
    In Stone Save: Wedding lot, fancy garden outdoor restaurant, upscale shopping center and the 4th spot is fancy seafood indoor restaurant.

Adler Save: A burger joint, water park, night club and the 4th lot is for switching out holiday lots, like fall is pumpkin patch, winter is xmas center, spring is maze garden and summer is a cavern camp grounds.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    I hardly ever go there, but I plan to rebuild the place. It will stay commercial, but I will also use some for a film studio, and a hotel. And will split some lots into smaller parts where I pretend some sims do work, even if they can't as ordinary game play. Say, there might be 3 different shops on one lot, run by 3 different families, but not owned by them technically. I'll need to sort out some of those details, lol :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    It’s mainly a shopping district in my game. Three types of retail shops and a restaurant.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    This is one community that I don't ever play, but I want to change that. In the past I've attempted to put in a restaurant, but the lag there was something else, not including the long wait time on top of it.

I don't care for the business that are there either. I've checked them out in the past, and even tried to play them, but they just don't keep my interest. So I've decided to do something about it, but I don't know what. So I was wondering if you have done any changes there, what did you do with Magnolia Promenade?

MP is my entertainment district -- I have a nightclub on the 40x30 lot, a bar and a lounge on the twIto 20x20s, and a bowling alliey on the 30x20. It's a good spot to send Sims to hang out without being on an official "date".
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    edited July 2018
    I took a couple of screenshots in my game yesterday.
    KaDlTck.png
    Aside of the Maxis retail shop, the lots are:
    • quEEN Ana BOARDING SCHOOL by Lorboom
      This is my night club, still working on it.
    • PIG STY'S BBQ by cindyartist3
      A restaurant for meast lovers. I've edited the menu, but not much else.
    • High Palms Oasis by OrangePlumbobs
      I've changed it from park to a gym. Added gym equipment, hot tub, yoga, slip n slide, toddler stuff and some other small changes.

jQ37YXc.png
    My single sim just spent a whole day at the gym, using autonomously slip and slide (several times), yoga (first on her own and then I directed her to take a class), hot tub (for napping though). The swimming pool and the diving board don't get much use, but I have a club that likes to jump into the pool.
  • Options
    FKM100FKM100 Posts: 886 Member
    edited July 2018
    It's my least favorite neighborhood, so I use it for the more boring things I need in the game, but don't care for all that much; like the library, the gym, the arts centre and the vet clinic. I have taken these venues out of my other neighborhoods, so that I can free up the public lots for other things I do like, like shops and restaurants. I like to have a shopping district in each neighborhood and I never seem to have enough restaurants.
    Post edited by FKM100 on
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I love seeing everyone's pictures. Here's mine:

Magnolia%20Promenade.png?dl=0

From the back, going clockwise, there is the Humpty Dumpty play centre, Stones Throw Greenhouse, Downtown Coffeehouse and McSims restaurant.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    It's inspiring to see all your MP lots! I'm still in the planning. Was supposed to build a community administration center in San Myshuno, but maybe it should be in MP instead...? Hm...
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I have two restaurants, one spa and a wedding venue. I am debating turning the spa into something else since I add the spa stuff to my gyms.
  • Options
    Cherryrose_xCherryrose_x Posts: 524 Member
    This is making me feel like I will go ahead and change it so it's useable for me!

Might go put a vet and a spa on there.. I don't have dine out but may have to go get it and build a restaurant too! Might make a gym too.. I never make community lots, most I've done is a coffee shop and a town hall!
    Gallery name: Anna-Banna
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited July 2018
    MP is a good place to put a skating rink,bowling alley,restuarent and maybe a flower shop. There are several bowling alleys/skating rinks combined on the gallery so you could put both down on one lot. Oh I still have the Photo Studio from Maxis there.
  • Options
    SlyvanasSlyvanas Posts: 855 Member
    For those who turned it into a residential area and currently playing in it. How is the weather?
    oxv0Rm8.png
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Slyvanas wrote: »
    For those who turned it into a residential area and currently playing in it. How is the weather?

Very nice. Magnolia Promenade is nice in all four seasons. I climate is about like Willow Creek or Newcrest for me. It had rained a couple of day straight in warmer months. Haven't gotten any thunderstorms thus far.

Very pretty in the fall.
    etehBd7.png
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    In one of my old saves. I built apartment buildings (in the hope of getting apartments we can build) on all four lots. The two smaller ones were older, brownstone types and the big one was fancy.
  • Options
    KelleygirlKelleygirl Posts: 599 Member
    I had intermittent thunderstorms and heavy rain for about five days during summer. At the moment, it's cold and in my opinion, very pretty.
    [img][/img]67nti0.jpg
    [img][/img]2usk9x3.jpg
    [img][/img]2md544j.jpg

• Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    Two restaurants, bowling alley with a skating rink, and a movie theater. In another save, I kinda use one lot to make a 'apartment building'. Sims could only enter the apartment they were assigned too.

Did you just lock the doors for specific sims?
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    citysimmer wrote: »
    Two restaurants, bowling alley with a skating rink, and a movie theater. In another save, I kinda use one lot to make a 'apartment building'. Sims could only enter the apartment they were assigned too.

That's what I have done. I build apartment buildings with four to six units and create in CAS or "move in" renters. They, technically, are one household, but, If you lock doors for all but that renter(s), then it works well enough until we get the proper programing.
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

That's what I have done. I build apartment buildings with four to six units and create in CAS or "move in" renters. They, technically, are one household, but, If you lock doors for all but that renter(s), then it works well enough until we get the proper programing.

That's cool. I think I'll try this.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

That's cool. I think I'll try this.

I have a big, Victorian house that's dived into units: first floor, second floor, attic and basement. Then, in CAS, I created an old woman, a family of three, mom, dad and girl, a middle aged man and a young guy. My story is the the old lady lived in the big house with her husband and kids. Now, he's gone and the kids and grandkids have scattered, so she divided up her huge house to rent. She lives in the first floor, the family live on the second floor, an artist lives in the attic and the handyman/gardener lives in the basement apartment. The front hall was closed off to become the common area with the stairs and doors were added to the units. The basement apartment is reach via outside stairs that lead to the basement door.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited July 2018
    I do not play there but it may serve its purpose someday, however, I am trying to figure out why four lots being that you can't add lots and the developer have to give us neighborhoods why give four lots and not more, it would have made sense if we can add lots.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    birdonawirebirdonawire Posts: 400 Member
    edited July 2018
    Most of the time I forget it exists. I have placed four restaurants there, but my sims hardly visit them, which is too bad actually. A waste of space, and the surroundings there are actually very pretty. Maybe I'll change the lots to residential and build apartments there or something. :)
  • Options
    JayTheGingerHamsterJayTheGingerHamster Posts: 33 Member
    I can't remember what expansion it's from. Can anyone remind me?
  • Options
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    I do not play there but I may have it's purpose someday, however, I am trying to figure out why four lots being that you can add lots and the developer have to give us neighborhoods why give four lots and not more. It would have made sense if we can add lots.

It was originally meant to be a small area for retail stores. A place where you could place shops of different types and your sim could go shopping or own a store. An open air mall.
  • Options
    I can't remember what expansion it's from. Can anyone remind me?

It's from Get To Work.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg