Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seasons and Greenhouses

Is there any difference in plants being "in season" or not if you build a greenhouse and put them in there?

Comments

• kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    if plants are in a greenhouse, they are considered 'sheltered' and will grow in all seasons. their seasonal growth stuff is only if they are outside and unroofed
  • pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »
    if plants are in a greenhouse, they are considered 'sheltered' and will grow in all seasons. their seasonal growth stuff is only if they are outside and unroofed

Awesome, that's what I was hoping. :) Thanks!
  • bookwormedbookwormed Posts: 2 New Member
    Hey! So for example if a plant says its sheltered seasons are fall and winter they cannot grow outside right??
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    'sheltered' just means the plant is inside and will grow in all seasons, despite what it's specific 'in season' seasons are. if a plant that has fall/winter for its seasons is planted outside, it will only grow in fall and winter and will be dormant in spring and summer
  • meredithg98meredithg98 Posts: 1 New Member
    How do you plant something indoors??
  • bookwormedbookwormed Posts: 2 New Member
    Thank you!
  • JSwartz0181JSwartz0181 Posts: 42 Member
    How do you plant something indoors??

You'll need one of the planters (there are single tile pots, and 2x2 boxes). You'll also need enough height to the walls if you're looking to grow trees indoors.
  • FemLobMeiFemLobMei Posts: 9 New Member
    Hi, I was wondering if my eg Spring plant will bare as much harvestables when it is sheltered, or when it is outside?

Another way to ask the question, is it helpful to move my in season plants outside to encourage more harvestables?
  • JayTheGingerHamsterJayTheGingerHamster Posts: 33 Member
    I'm interested to try it out
  • pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    FemLobMei wrote: »
    Hi, I was wondering if my eg Spring plant will bare as much harvestables when it is sheltered, or when it is outside?

Another way to ask the question, is it helpful to move my in season plants outside to encourage more harvestables?

If you have a Spring plant indoors/sheltered, it will grow harvestables in all seasons rather than just Spring.
    In my experience, there doesn't seem to be a difference in the number of harvestables whether it is sheltered or not during the time that it is in season.
  • carollsimcarollsim Posts: 238 Member
    I got less harvest in glasshouse compared to seasonal plants outside.
    IMG_6942_zpsdeuypb14.jpg
    Mr Basil and Ms Ivy now on facebook