Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Where do you typically throw your Sims' Weddings?

I realized I almost always throw my Sims' weddings at their house. I dress up the lot and they usually get married in the front or back yard. You know, a quaint, simple wedding. But I noticed some players throw these big, lavish weddings out at venues. Sometimes even downloading a lot from the gallery specifically for weddings. I'd love to hear what you usually do!

Share your favorite lot, opinions, or why in the comments!

Where do you typically throw your Sims' Weddings? 129 votes

At a Venue designed specifically for weddings (church, etc.)
34%
BluegaylejeepjeepcatIceyJelanorbretonkemiszsimgirl1010dst193luthienrisingNivyxsekojranatiffrenee07PegasyskellzaDiamonds_are_4everMaggieMarleyrhysbarrett8ChadSims2joleacoEnkiSchmidtjooxis 44 votes
At a regular Venue (Park, Lounge, etc.)
20%
Angel_mixLadyDecafhannaaj22Scarbo27stilljustme2jimmysnanZeldaboy180ElenPinkaaronjc123kriode99Internal_ChaosDominicLaurenceTomatplantecalaprfyTheRedLionFeisbukaiteTS1299Madachan88zefronGamingTweety 26 votes
At my Sims' house.
13%
JaiSeaPlayerSinger2010Writin_RegasimbsimNRowejaymancrazladybreidKiaraSims4ModsChanty25keenowsikasika18x_Always_Heart_xhappyopiItsJanierLyouflnEnderGamer87SimTresahistorynerd 18 votes
They elope on the spot.
24%
vancanuckfan86Jaline33DoubleSJosseColorist40RainbowSimQueensimm621SimQueenie9cchant86Simberella777VuloriJennyggKasanthFlexono1lilpicalloblueyblueskydctf344drakharisParmaViolet87BigCatlover26Kathykins 31 votes
Other.
7%
a_niles06catloverplayerldmarkoRedDestiny92musteniFanPhoriaBusufupoltergeistDraconLaira 10 votes

Comments

• gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    They elope on the spot.
    They elope, simply because I can't be bothered to throw a wedding. However, now that I can schedule events with seasons, I might have them do one more often.
  • JaiSeaJaiSea Posts: 907 Member
    At my Sims' house.
    I'm too impatient for loading screens so a majority of the time my sims will just get married in their backyard.
    Check out my latest Multiplayer Let's Play! The Off the Grid challenge - single family addition.
    MPOTGthumbnail.jpg
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,845 Member
    Other.
    Sometimes at a specific location, or just any park with an arch, or at my sims house depends on the sim.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,339 Member
    Rotational save:
    Main characters get to use my beach wedding lot and get a proper party.
    Secondary characters elope before whatever backdrop I find fits their personality best. If I even bother and not just set them as spouses with cas.fulleditmode.

Legacy save:
    They marry in the legacy house and the arch must specifically set up to include the lit up lighthouse in the wedding screenshot. Ideally also the moon, because both moon and lighthouse are of great symbolic value to my legacy sims.
  • kemiszkemisz Posts: 602 Member
    I love throwing weddings for my sims and getting the gifts from completing the wedding party! Wedding lots all the way though.
    My EA ID is TranquilloSims - where I upload starter homes, family homes and some more ambitious creations.

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,829 Member
    My wedding venue has a section for the ceremony and one for the reception.

q2IWEkJ.png
  • AmandèleAmandèle Posts: 378 Member
    I have at least one wedding venue per world so I like to use them!
    Sorry for the mistakes, English is not my first language ^^'
  • Diamonds_are_4everDiamonds_are_4ever Posts: 20 Member
    ive made 2 locations. off the beach coast and at the town church
  • hannaaj22hannaaj22 Posts: 685 Member
    I usually just go to the the San Myshuno park or another lot with the wedding arch on it. I did used to use a 'church' lot I got from the gallery, but I figured it didn't really fit my sims much.

For me, weddings aren't too big of a deal in my game. I might take some screenshots, but a lot of the time my sims will just elope on the spot in a pretty location or just not bother getting married as it doesn't make much of a difference if they are or not. My sims would probably get married more if the step-parents and aunt & uncle in-laws were recognised in the relationship panel.
    Leon Family Tree
    Origin ID: hannaaj22
  • DraconDracon Posts: 119 Member
    Other.
    hannaaj22 wrote: »
    I usually just go to the the San Myshuno park or another lot with the wedding arch on it. I did used to use a 'church' lot I got from the gallery, but I figured it didn't really fit my sims much.

For me, weddings aren't too big of a deal in my game. I might take some screenshots, but a lot of the time my sims will just elope on the spot in a pretty location or just not bother getting married as it doesn't make much of a difference if they are or not. My sims would probably get married more if the step-parents and aunt & uncle in-laws were recognised in the relationship panel.

I wish that those relationships were recognized. The Sims 4 relationship panel is just so lacking in detail, I wish they could expand on it further.
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    They elope on the spot.
    Elope. Staging a wedding is a pain - in real life and in the game.
  • SimmerSamSimmerSam Posts: 73 Member
    For me it varies on how invested I am on a specific family. If I'm being lazy and not too invested in the story-telling aspect, I just have them elope. If I'm feeling a bit more ambitious, I usually download a venue from the gallery
  • zefronzefron Posts: 157 Member
    edited July 2018
    I typically just go for any place that has an existing wedding arch nearby. Lately, I've been enjoying having my sims get married at the wedding arch just behind the Club Calico in Brindleton Bay.
    // WEREWOLF BOYBANDS //

not so berry family tree
  • poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    Other.
    it depends on the sims getting married.
    if the sims are the type to have a big fancy wedding, i give them a big fancy wedding. i've also had sims that just eloped on the spot, or at the romance festival.
    the venues i use depend on the sim's personalities. i've used traditional churches, outdoor venues, wedding barns, lounges, and more.
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    I have a generic lot set aside for it. Sometimes I use parks, especially the one in Willow Creek
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    I have 3 venues I use for weddings, all downloaded from the gallery.

One is a small chapel, with a place in the garden for the reception.
    The second is a large, elegant build with a chapel, a lovely courtyard, and even apartments for a mini honeymoon.
    The other one I use is a gorgeous park that I placed where the VonHaunt house used to be, the ceremony under arch near the waterfall and then back to the park for a garden reception (cross your fingers it doesn’t rain).

If I am feeling lazy I just have them elope. One of the couples married in their kitchen, (really didn’t think that one through) all of the pics have a kitchen bench or appliance in the background. :#
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • RainbowSimQueenRainbowSimQueen Posts: 1,227 Member
    They elope on the spot.
    I feel bad now...none of my sims have ever had a wedding.
  • afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    They elope on the spot.
    All of my Sim couples that i have not married in CAS have eloped. I do want to throw an elaborate wedding for one of my favourite sim couples though. I was going to actually do a wedding event for my other favourite couple but I was so impatient I just had them elope
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,223 Member
    At my Sims' house.
    If I don't just have them elope, they usually get married at their houses. It's simpler for me that way.
    image.png
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    Other.
    It really depends on the personality of the sims and specific story/vibe going on. I've realized I do a LOT of weddings (just got the achievement for "serial monogomist" on my current save, lol) and I always try to go with what seems right for the specific couple.

So, I downloaded a spooky graveyard lounge for Morticia and Gomez.
    AX76EDH.png

These two actually two "weddings"--one big lavish public one with Miko friends contacts (she's in the politician career) and a private "wedding" with just the two of them where my "sim-self" Fanphoria Mercury could flaunt her alien-ness without freaking anyone out.
    YXbG1Yc.png
    FeuWmkQ.png

These two were impatient, and proposed and then immediately eloped at this tiny "chapel" that I'd placed in world.
    mjOjPDK.png
    TGV2WXq.png

These two had been together for ages already, and had a quaint but festive backyard wedding, with their three teenage kids helping out on cooking and hosting duties.
    5WSpis6.png

These two had a small (family only) rather formal and "important" wedding at a proper cathedral with a graveyard, as they were uniting to major vampire dynasties.
    IS8N3XD.png

This romantic sim threw a lavish wedding at the von haunt estate and married her vampire betrothed at the stroke of midnight.
    NBtbHD8.png

This sim who loves the outdoors also had a lavish Von Haunt estate wedding...and then a smaller backyard elopement for her second marriage, after the first one didn't work out ;-P
    awLAULB.png
    gTYROqo.png

These two were still pretty poor when they got hitched, so they eloped in the ruins, and threw a cheaper party for all their friends after.
    51qPf6o.png
    r0eczCF.png

This trendy young romantic city couple got threw a big wedding at the Center Park.
    PL1W6nt.png

This was a whirlwind relationship where the met, went on their first date, got engaged, and then eloped in the kitchen all in one day lol
    S5OBs9y.png

These traditional types had a small family wedding in the chapel.
    IXWW1xq.png

These frugal artsy types eloped outside the museum.
    ArAaD0J.png

These two had kind of a controversial relationship, as the were basically brought up as siblings (each born from an abduction through a different parent) and eloped at the von haunt estate.
    unBttmh.png

This successful and born rich artist married her outdoorsy beau in the newly renovated Municipal Muses courtyard, in a BIG and BOISTEROUS wedding
    0boXAlF.png

These two wanted to show off their swanky new apartment (didn't really work out, but still, can't knock the view).
    CC9pvu5.png

And these two took advantage of the romance festival timing perfectly with their wedding plans.
    KfJCuu4.png

And I've had elopements at the bluffs or on dates, and several other home weddings as well, sometime multiple generations in the same home. It all just depends on the circumstances and what vibe I get from the couple. I've got my tried and true ones of course--the rebuild of the von haunt estate I use is great for weddings, in a practical and aesthetic sense--but I like to try out new things too. Another pair of my recently got engaged, and I'm think about a home wedding for them, since she has the mansion baron aspiration and they've just moved into a pretty nice place and I imagine she'd want to show it off. I'd want to make it extra EXTRA nice, so we'll see what I an manage lol ;-P
  • BradyGalaxyBradyGalaxy Posts: 306 Member
    They elope on the spot.
    I don't really like doing social events in the first place.
    Proud simmer
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    I didn’t read through the poll properly and chose the wrong option - sorry. Most of the time, my sims elope on the spot. But, when they do get married, they use a beautiful wedding church I downloaded from the gallery.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,392 Member
    edited July 2018
    Other.
    Typically I throw weddings around waterfalls and on top of the lighthouse in Brendleton Bay. Sometimes I'll have sims get married at the romance festival but sadly that rarely occurs in my game.
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    On the home lot - either as an event or just on the spot.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    Other.
    Well I never had a wedding till now (yes true!) ;) but if I have one soon, I will definitly use one of the wedding bows maxis already prepeared (San Myshuno Meadows or at the chalet or in Brindleton Bay or at the Romance festival. I like these places very much.) For a possible Vampire wedding I will create a new spooky location with a lot of creepy Vamp stuff. :).
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋