Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

33 Day Create-A-Sim Challenge!

Comments

• Options
    TurquoisePapayaTurquoisePapaya Posts: 318 Member
    edited July 2018
    I've decided to start at day 33, just for some variety. I hope that's alright.
    Day 33 (Princess): (Female Adult)
    This is Princess Charlotte von Llama-Saur, a member of the old, leftover nobility of Simnation. Her family no longer has much power, instead, they run a variety of charities and foundation for a whole host of causes, including the Foundation for Less Mischief, Lobster Thermidor for Some, Llama International, and the Llama-Saur Foundation for Founding Foundations.
    She was raised with only the finest things in life, from toddlerhood, and those tastes have stayed with her into adulthood.
    Day to day, she is a rather normal, if well-off, mother of four, which she juggles with running her share of the Llama-Saur foundations, her occasional duties as a princess, and press appearances. Princess Charlotte is known for her brightly coloured pant-suits at charity events and dinners. As a modern-day princess, she only wears her yellow (the colour of the Llama-Saur family) Kleid when she is performing her hereditary Llama-Saur duties.
    At first Charlotte can come off as brusque and cold because of her confidence and no-nonsense attitude when something needs to get done. Underneath that result oriented first layer, she is a kind, good sim, who sees her privilege and position in life as a way to make real, lasting change through the Llama-Saur foundations.
    She was raised with only the finest things in life, from toddlerhood, and those tastes have stayed with her into adulthood.

UH6yzoa.png
    6WuALl6.png
    (1: Everyday, 2: Formal, 3: Formal, 4: Formal)
    tBT7meh.png
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Heres my day 1!!! I chose Yellow!

Hello @MashyEstelle :)
    Welcome to the forums! You need to have 25points and 15 posts before you can become a full member and can then have an Avi picture, post pictures, have a signature, start new threads, edit posts , post links that show up correctly and have quotes appear in grey boxes . This thread explains about it.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/934205/small-change-for-new-members#latest

You receive a point each time another simmer presses like or awesome or insightful on a post that you have posted in a thread created by another simmer. Keep posting on the different threads and sections of the forums and you will soon get the points/posts. The off topic section is a good place to post.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/off-topic-chat

Because you aren't a member yet, you can't post pictures that appear , but you can upload your pictures to a photo sharing site such as imgur or tinypic , then right click the picture on the photo sharing site and copy/paste the image address link here,
    I can then post the pictures for you :)
  • Options
    It is great that you have started doing the challenge! @TurquoisePapaya :)
    The background details that you have written about Charlotte are written so very creatively! :) You have written about her and the Llama_saur Foundations so very well! The yellow colour scheme of some of her outfits, signifying the colour of her royal family looks very nice. Her traits and aspiration complement each other and her background details very well.
    It was very nice reading about and seeing pictures of Princess Charlotte :)
  • Options
    @rosemow Thank you so much! I'm glad you like Charlotte <3
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    I just couldn't wait till tomorrow! It also doesn't help that I love my new default eyes and skin, my new cas background, and my new cas lighting!
    Day 32 (Summer): (Male, Teen)
    This is Summer Ames. His name has been a constant annoyance to him since he can remember. His name was picked by an uncreative mother whose baby was due in mid-July and was hoping for a daughter . Her belief in her baby's femaleness made her simply not believe that her baby was indeed a boy when the doctor told her. Suddenly, she had gone through the loading screen from the Willow Creek Hospital with a birth certificate that said Summer Ames and a baby boy.
    Grade school wasn't easy for a clumsy boy with a girls name; kids can be so cruel. To make matters worse in the friends (or lack thereof) department, as Summer aged up to teen, he discovered a passion for all things outdoor adventure related, especially fishing and camping, when most of his classmates haven't even set foot outside of Oasis Springs. The clothes he feels most comfortable in, those best for camping and fishing, aren't exactly fashion-forward or on trend either.
    Nevertheless, despite his obstacles in grade school and high school, he hopes that when he graduates from his small Oasis Springs high school next year, he will find his place in the world with like-minded sims who care more about how to set up a tent properly and how to read a compass than which sneakers and colour combinations are being worn by Penny Pizzazz.

7iLjtq4.png

(1: Everyday, 2: Hot Weather, 3: Cold Weather)
    FG2q88a.png
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    @TurquoisePapaya May I ask where you got the default skin? It's very pretty.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    edited July 2018
    @citysimmer I know!! it's so gorgeous! It's the knight blend by madmono. here's a master post of all their skins: madmonodls.tumblr.com/private/162999256784/tumblr_ot3z2aL3ey1wuluy2
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    It is not nice that Summer has been having a hard time at school due to his name, his outdoors interests and his preferred clothing style :(@TurquoisePapaya I hope that the future will hold many special times and a more happier time after he graduates. His everyday, hot and cold weather outfits look very nice! He has very nice eyes! :)
  • Options
    @rosemow Thanks! :) I tried to make his eyes very childlike and "puppy dog eyes".

Summer's genetics/presets are a bit wonky, so I was curious to see what his sister and mother would look like, because I am much pickier when it comes to girl sims than dude sims. They came out surprisingly cute, even though they were almost completely randomized, including traits and names (I gave Delilah different hair, more wrinkles and freckles and both of them eyelashes and lip tint). So, here's a bonus round.

Delilah Ames (FA)
    02RKetW.png

Gracie Ames (FT)
    T6xG7Ls.png
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    @citysimmer I know!! it's so gorgeous! It's the knight blend by madmono. here's a master post of all their skins: madmonodls.tumblr.com/private/162999256784/tumblr_ot3z2aL3ey1wuluy2

Thank you! I'll download it.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    Day 31 (Teacher): (FYA) {please, someone stop me from using the same eye colour on every sim!!!!!}
    Amanda Elvyn is a French teacher at Landgraab Elementary. Surrounded by children everyday, she dreams of a family of her own. Unfortunately, this dream is hindered by her depression, as she finds it difficult to stay in a relationship long term, let alone a long lasting marriage, when she experiences her depressive episodes. For the time being, she has decided to focus on herself and, with the help of her support cat Pierre, finding good strategies and techniques to keep her depression under control and her mental health good.
    RkBwfrl.png
    pcFbOiC.png

(1: Everyday, 2: Formal, 3: Cold Weather)
    4dh9wxY.png
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Pierre is very cute! @TurquoisePapaya :) The colour shade of his coat and his markings are very nice! It is special <3 that he is a help and support to Amanda and her mental health as she endures through her deprsssion . It is nice that she is a French teacher, and has given her cat a French name. Her hair colour looks nice, and it looks nice and warm the cold weather outfit that you have chosen for her.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    rosemow wrote: »
    Pierre is very cute! @TurquoisePapaya :) The colour shade of his coat and his markings are very nice! It is special <3 that he is a help and support to Amanda and her mental health as she endures through her deprsssion . It is nice that she is a French teacher, and has given her cat a French name. Her hair colour looks nice, and it looks nice and warm the cold weather outfit that you have chosen for her.

I'm so glad you noticed that her cat has a French name because she's a French teacher!
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Day 30 (Ugliest Sim): (Male Young Adult)

This is Noel XXIV (24), a relative of Dobby the House Elf (many times removed, of course). Surprisingly, he is quite the ladies man. He credits that to his quick wit and good humour, which he also uses in his career as a stand up comedian. Because in comedy, especially stand up, Noel says, your weaknesses become your strengths.
    Ever since he was child, he has been creative. In childhood, this was expressed at the Brohill Kid's Activity Table, now he pours everything into hi comedy. As a part house elf, he enjoys solitude and working alone.
    Noel's house elf religion also prohibits him from wearing shirts or shoes. As a result, he usually isn't allowed into ice cream parlours and tourist gift shops because of their no shoes no shirt no service policy.

urniJ8d.png

(1: Everyday, 2: Active, 3: Party, 4: Cold Weather -> as part house elf, he doesn't really need much protection from the elements)
    FYnZn44.png
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Noel is quite a different type of sim! @TurquoisePapaya :) You have such a creative imagination as you create the background detail stories! It was written so cleverly about not being allowed to enter ice cream and tourist gift shops as a result of his clothing, and the reason why he dresses that way!
  • Options
    @rosemow ohmygosh, that means so much to me! it's so sweet of you to say that <3
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Day 29 (Simtuber): (FYA, FT) {yes, I had absolutely nothing else to do (partially true...) other than make sims for this challenge} {finally I made two sims with a different eye colour than the second darkest brown!!!}
    Sara Garciani's real job, despite what various aunts and uncles back in Argentina say, is vlogging her travels to all ends of the globe. She's been at it for a couple of years now and has amassed quite a decent following. Her confidence, charisma, and friendly, outgoing nature usually make her instant friends with the locals and have definitely helped in growing her follower base. Sara isn't opposed to staying at nice hotels in the most touristy areas (and her videos about travel advice to these tourist-y places have been some of her most popular), but what she really loves is trips off the beaten path. Her favourite trip she went on was a hybrid backpacking-motorcycle journey through Northern India. Right now, she's settled in the cultural hub of San Myshuno for a few months and her next project is to explore the city in detail with her followers.
    Her must have items when abroad are her trusty red converse which have been to more corners of the world than most sims, her purple flannel which has served as a blanket at many a train station and bus stop, and her camera, nicknamed Jojo. According to Sara, most other things can be somehow obtained at her destination in case she forgets something.
    ZiPRkPK.png

(1: Everyday, 2: Formal, 3: Party, 4: Hot Weather, 5: Cold Weather)
    HVq88qb.png

Inspired by her older sister Sara, Lucia Garciani has started a beauty channel on SimTube as an outlet for her creativity. She doesn't have nearly as many subscribers as Sara, not enough to make more than a few simoleons per video, but she doesn't see it as career path like Sara sees her channel. Instead, Lucia hopes to use her social media presence as a stepping stone to a career as a make up artist, her dream job. She loves all art, but especially makeup art and her creativity is expressed through her make up and the fantastical, imagination-filled make up looks she creates for her channel and other social media. For her age, (and for all ages) Lucia is surprisingly good at networking and sniffing out opportunities. She hopes to make a lot of use of this talent in her career as a self-employed make up artist.
    ddkXAqK.png

(1: Everyday 1, 2: Everyday, 3: Formal, 4: Hot Weather, 5: Cold Weather)
    YjwtWGy.png
    Post edited by TurquoisePapaya on
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Sara and Lucia sound like great YouTubers! @TurquoisePapaya :) Their channels are different but the sims who watch them would enjoy being a part of Sara’s travels and discovering beauty tips by watching Lucia.’s channel. It is great that presently Sara is exploring San Myshuno. Their traits suit them,
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Edit: Over the course of this challenge (as in normal gameplay), I will create sims from cultures and backgrounds that I am not from and may not know very much about. I will create sims with interests and hobbies that I do not have and/or don't know everything about. I am not interested in only playing sims that look and act like me. I was drawn to TS4 because of the millions of different stories I can tell through the game. However, I always try my best to do my research so as to not misportray the cultures etc. or to spread misconceptions. Nevertheless, I will make mistakes. I hope you will be kind enough to be a bit lenient and let me know and correct me when I make mistakes.

Day 28 (Disney princess): (MYA, FC/FYA) {somebody please help me, I gave my sims the same brown eye colour I always use}{and the quality of the picture of Pocahontas' child outfits is horrible because I didn't realize I would have to resize them and crop and...ugh, anyways, it is what it is}{the historical Pocahontas was ~12 years old, if I remember correctly, so I made her as a child and YA, to show Disney Pocahontas and historically accurate Pocahontas}{the last name I gave her was, according to Wikipedia at least, her more commonly used name while Pocahontas was a childhood nickname}
    Pocahontas Amonute is a Native Simnationian health, fitness, and lifestyle blogger. She often showcases her three pet ferrets, Mimi, Rory, and Trish, and her grumpy old man of a dog, Herman, on her blog, as well as her baby niece, Amaya. She is also a vegan (and avidly promotes the lifestyle on her blog), a DIY-er, and a friend of animals. She uses her platform as a blogger to promote causes that help wild, domestic, and farm animals, and is a
    When she was a child, Pocahontas was quite a tomboy and whenever her parents weren't looking, she would disappear into the little forest behind their house to watch the squirrels and bluejays and woodpeckers in the trees and to dig in the pine needle covered forest floor for centipedes (of which more than a few were found in her jean pockets when her mother did laundry) and mushrooms.
    pwLKhiR.png

(1: Everyday, 2: Formal, 3: Cold Weather)
    v1Epmkv.png

(1: Everyday, 2: Alternate Everyday)
    nxgqzZ0.png
    9bJoXb5.png
    Post edited by TurquoisePapaya on
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Pocahontas is very cute! @TurquoisePapaya :) It is nice seeing her both as a child and the young adult version. The Autumn themed colours of her clothing outfits looks very nice. It is great that you have given her a tomboyish look and background details when she was a child. She is very pretty in her young adult stage :)
  • Options
    iballisticbunny6iballisticbunny6 Posts: 87 Member
    I have created a sim named Pink Pinkerson
    https://imgur.com/a/ZypZoh3
  • Options
    Pink Pinkerton is very pretty! @iballisticbunny6 :) The pink colour scheme of her clothing and her hair looks very nice! It is nice the outfits that you have chosen for her to wear for the different categories.
  • Options
    Art3misDLArt3misDL Posts: 1 New Member
    Wow! This is a great challenge, GJ with the idea~ ^^ <3 P.S. Bookmarked o:)
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Hello @Art3misDL :) Welcome to the forums!
    You are invited to visit this thread and introduce yourself.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/817478/hello-come-and-introduce-yourself

This is a great sims thread and it is very enjoyable seeing the different themed sims!

Happy simming! :)
  • Options
    crazylady34crazylady34 Posts: 4 New Member
    I'm gonna do this all in one go! I've done day one already!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top