Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is the Love Day dress just a CL recolour?

As I was looking through the dresses, I noticed that the Love Day dress from Seasons looks remarkably similar to one of the short dresses from City Living. Below is a comparison of the dresses. If you look very closely, they seem to have the same "belt", the same shoulder caps/sleeves, and the same two seams on the front and the back.

(1: Love Day dress, 2: CL dress black, 3: CL dress tan)
6UtfAzu.png

(1: Love Day dress, 2: CL dress tan)
yMZrFly.png
giphy.gif

Comments

• AmandèleAmandèle Posts: 378 Member
    Yes it definitely is...
    Sorry for the mistakes, English is not my first language ^^'
  • spontaneousivyspontaneousivy Posts: 250 Member
    Yes.
    The male Love Day outfit is also a CL recolour
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Yep, kinda old news though.

Kinda wish the dress had at least a few more swatches to it in relation to holidays and not just one. Same with the male version from CL. It's pretty much just a useless novelty that my sims are never gonna use.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • TurquoisePapayaTurquoisePapaya Posts: 318 Member
    edited July 2018
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    Yep, kinda old news though.

Kinda wish the dress had at least a few more swatches to it in relation to holidays and not just one. Same with the male version from CL. It's pretty much just a useless novelty that my sims are never gonna use.

Ah, I didn't know--I've been away for a few weeks.
    And yeah, I agree, I kinda expected it to be like the toddler dress which alludes to different holidays and seasons w different swatches.
    giphy.gif
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    They have outfits for each holiday?
  • PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    Honestly, it probably wouldn't have taken too much time to create a completely new dress. They could've at least added some other swatches to it. I don't really see the point in having separate clothes for Love Day, it's a sweet idea but it's kinda unnecessary.

• Jordyn78988Jordyn78988 Posts: 421 Member
    edited July 2018
    Sadly, it is :disappointed:
  • iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 455 Member
    I don't mind that they're recolors.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Recolor or not I love the Love Day Dress.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    I love that dress, would have been nice to get a few more swatches for it.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    If it's just a recolour, why didn't they add a new swatch to the existing dress? Why does it have to take up a whole new space in our catalogue?
  • JayTheGingerHamsterJayTheGingerHamster Posts: 33 Member
    Oh yeah!
  • hannaaj22hannaaj22 Posts: 685 Member
    If it's just a recolour, why didn't they add a new swatch to the existing dress? Why does it have to take up a whole new space in our catalogue?

I guess because some people have Seasons but might not have CL so it was just easier to add it as a 'new' dress.
    Leon Family Tree
    Origin ID: hannaaj22
  • BrindletonBrindleton Posts: 415 Member
    Reusing assets happens way more often than expected. I actually saw a list somewhere on the web and there's at least 80 CAS items that were reused in different packs :#

At least the dress looks cute.