Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

mod issues!

NetNet11215NetNet11215 Posts: 152 Member
edited April 2 in Mods Bugs & Issues
hey guys! im getting a last exception error and some pretty bad issues because of and i have some mods so im assuming thats the issue. my question is how do i go about finding out which mod is causing the problem? thanks!
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,585 Member
    Hello
    There has been many mods/cc broken by the pre season patch
    This is a link to a list of some of the broken/updated mods/cc
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/941998/broken-updated-mods-seasons-june-2018-patch#latest

Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop.. Remove the localthumbcache.package file from the Sims 4 folder.
    Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem. Put one item or batch in , test the game , take it out. Then test another one, to find the cause of the issue.

• NetNet11215NetNet11215 Posts: 152 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello
    There has been many mods/cc broken by the pre season patch
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/941998/broken-updated-mods-seasons-june-2018-patch#latest

Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop.. Remove the localthumbcache.package file from the Sims 4 folder.
    Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem. Put one item or batch in , test the game , take it out. Then test another one, to find the cause of the issue.

Thank you!!!
  • FireKbrothersFireKbrothers Posts: 1 New Member
    I keep downloading custom content for the sims 4 and its not showing that i downloaded the custom content so can you please help
    edited June 2018
    I keep downloading custom content for the sims 4 and its not showing that i downloaded the custom content so can you please help

Hello @FireKbrothers
    Go to game options and check that the " enable custom content and mods" button is ticked, which is found in :
    Game Options | Other | Enable Custom Content and Mods. If it isn't ticked, do that.Also check that the script mods allowed button is ticked as well. Exit the game. Then go back into the game again and see if the cc appears then .

I am just checking. Make sure that you have extracted the package files out of the zipped folder or the rar file, if they come in zipped or rar formats. The package files then go into the mods folder.
    Try placing the package files directly into the mods folder without being in sub folders.
    Check that the files are for sims 4, and not for sims 2 or 3.
  • AnniedesunneAnniedesunne Posts: 3 New Member
    I need some help with this:
    So I'm unsure of the amount of people who've experienced this but when I started modding Sims 4 everything was going alright. There were times in which I had to get rid of some due to initialization errors...but the current issue I'm experiencing is very strange...I added a bunch more mods and when I launched Sims (I should've done it one by one XP)...it screwed up the titles of load game and new game and had letters and numbers underneath the blank load game section instead (unfortunately I don't remember what it was) so I got rid of mods that effected the zones and it returned back to normal and so the next thing I did was go into saved games...seems to be going alright so far...I attempted to play as my sim...but one more problem occurred...it just went back to worlds instead of entering the play mode of the sims and the mods work in a new game. Another thing that bothers me is the fact that I don't want to delete all the mods due to the fact that I used some of the CC content to create some of my Sims and don't want to risk having to go back and try to redownload content that I probably wouldn't remember by the time get through most of them.

So my question that I could hopefully get answered concerning the issue is:
    1. What should I do to fix the error? Would I need to reinstall Sims or repair it or use type of method?
    2. What mods should I avoid to prevent this from happening again?

I've already backed up my Sims 4 Data just in case \(0>0)/
    Also adding onto that comment:
    3. What is the best way to start downloading mods to insure that this never happens or at least doesn't come close to happening?
    I need some help with this:
    So I'm unsure of the amount of people who've experienced this but when I started modding Sims 4 everything was going alright. There were times in which I had to get rid of some due to initialization errors...but the current issue I'm experiencing is very strange...I added a bunch more mods and when I launched Sims (I should've done it one by one XP)...it screwed up the titles of load game and new game and had letters and numbers underneath the blank load game section instead (unfortunately I don't remember what it was) so I got rid of mods that effected the zones and it returned back to normal and so the next thing I did was go into saved games...seems to be going alright so far...I attempted to play as my sim...but one more problem occurred...it just went back to worlds instead of entering the play mode of the sims and the mods work in a new game. Another thing that bothers me is the fact that I don't want to delete all the mods due to the fact that I used some of the CC content to create some of my Sims and don't want to risk having to go back and try to redownload content that I probably wouldn't remember by the time get through most of them.

So my question that I could hopefully get answered concerning the issue is:
    1. What should I do to fix the error? Would I need to reinstall Sims or repair it or use type of method?
    2. What mods should I avoid to prevent this from happening again?

I've already backed up my Sims 4 Data just in case \(0>0)/
    Also adding onto that comment:
    3. What is the best way to start downloading mods to insure that this never happens or at least doesn't come close to happening?

Hello @Anniedesunne
    There has been many mods/cc broken by the pre season patch and Seasons. Pack
    It would be best to see if the mods that you use are on that list and if they are broken and need you to download an updated version.

If you have the MCCC, mod 'More CAS Columns'' or “UI Cheats Extension”mods they were broken. It would be best to remove them and download /install the updated versions, These could be causing your issues.

Try also moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem.

When using mods/cc it is best to always check to see if there are updated versions released after a game patch as often they sre broken by patches. There is often a thread set up in the forums where broken and updated mods are posted.
    Oh my gosh thank you so very very much I really appreciate your help turns out it was a door locking mod
    Oh my gosh thank you so very very much I really appreciate your help turns out it was a door locking mod

You’re welcome :)
  • WillywindWillywind Posts: 2 New Member
    Hello. I need help.
    All mods I've loaded are missing from the game.
    I loaded various mods into the game. After several months later, all the mods I loaded were all gone from the game. But when I go to see the mod files in the folder, all mod files still there. But they don't appear in the game.
    Willywind wrote: »
    Hello. I need help.
    All mods I've loaded are missing from the game.
    I loaded various mods into the game. After several months later, all the mods I loaded were all gone from the game. But when I go to see the mod files in the folder, all mod files still there. But they don't appear in the game.

Hello @Willywind
    Go to game options and check that the " enable custom content and mods" button is ticked, which is found in :
    Game Options | Other | Enable Custom Content and Mods. If it isn't ticked, do that.Also check that the script mods allowed button is ticked as well. Exit the game. Then go back into the game again and see if the cc /mods appear then .
  • WillywindWillywind Posts: 2 New Member
    Oh! that's work,they are our back.Thank you very much. :D
  • Schan95Schan95 Posts: 4 New Member
    Hi I downloaded a few cc yesterday I think like a 100 cc. All my cc works fine before I putt the new cc in my mods folder. Now when I go into my sims, it's suck at the loading screen then not responding. I tested my cc. First I took out the new cc and lanched the game and The Sims 4 worked. Then I tested the new cc and it also works but they do not work together. I'm getting tired of trying to fix this problem. I cant play without my mods and cc haha its just so much fun with then. I have 9GB cc all together. Has anyone else had a similar problem?
    Schan95 wrote: »
    Hi I downloaded a few cc yesterday I think like a 100 cc. All my cc works fine before I putt the new cc in my mods folder. Now when I go into my sims, it's suck at the loading screen then not responding. I tested my cc. First I took out the new cc and lanched the game and The Sims 4 worked. Then I tested the new cc and it also works but they do not work together. I'm getting tired of trying to fix this problem. I cant play without my mods and cc haha its just so much fun with then. I have 9GB cc all together. Has anyone else had a similar problem?

Hello @Schan95
    There sounds like there are conflicts between the old and new cc.You will need to test to see which of the new cc is conflctiing with the other cc, then remove that cc.
  • Ara_EliseAra_Elise Posts: 3 New Member
    Hi, I've recently been experiencing a new problem with mods that has never happened before. For some reason when I try to download new mods they don't show up in the game at all which is weird because older mods that I have still show up in the game. I've been trying everything like making sure the custom content is checked off, repairing the game, deleting and re-installing the game, and even downloading the mods multiple times. I don't know if it could be a problem with my mods folder since my other mods are still showing up in the game. Could someone possibly help or let me know if they fixed a similar issue and how?
    Ara_Elise wrote: »
    Hi, I've recently been experiencing a new problem with mods that has never happened before. For some reason when I try to download new mods they don't show up in the game at all which is weird because older mods that I have still show up in the game. I've been trying everything like making sure the custom content is checked off, repairing the game, deleting and re-installing the game, and even downloading the mods multiple times. I don't know if it could be a problem with my mods folder since my other mods are still showing up in the game. Could someone possibly help or let me know if they fixed a similar issue and how?

Hello @Ara_Elise
    Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Launch the game, and a new mods folder will be generated in the sims 4 folder.. Exit the game. Check that a new mods folder has been generated.
    If it hasn’t, do you use One Drive? If you do it could be causing this issue, Try seeing if there is a mods folder in One Drive . The game may be using that mods folder instead of the one in Documents -Electronic Arts -sims 4 folder . One Drive can cause issues,
    If you don’t use One Drive, try using the search bar on your computer , and search to see if there may be another mods folder on your computer that the game is using instead of the one directly in the sims 4 folder.
  • KaytasiaKaytasia Posts: 11 New Member
    Hi, I dunno if I'm posting this in the right place (sorry if i'm not), but i'm having issues with Sims 4 Studio (not technically a mod, either) as it seemed to damage my mods/cc.
    To keep it as short as possible, I did the batch fix for the not-so-long-ago issue with the colors on hair not working due to the patch from not too long ago, and now that it was fixed through another patch, I tried to disallow CC for random b/c CC on self-generated townies were bugging me, and when I tried to play Sims again, I got a message that said: "Unable to start: Cannot start because game data is missing or damaged. If you have Mods installed please remove them and try again. If not, please repair or reinstall the game via Origin [de4ee14f:29f00e76:00000000:4b0d852b]".
    Is there a way to fix this? I've had a decent amount of cc and I really don't want to delete and reinstall every single one again, so is there anything else I should try doing that might work? I've tried allowing it for random again but it still didn't work. Please let me know if there's anything I could clarify to help find a cause (I know it's nothing to do with my computer itself, my computer never had issues w/ Sims & Origin before this). Thanks to whoever can help in advance. :)
    I actually don't use one drive but I do have a back up mods folder that I use just to be safe, and that seems to be the only other mods folder on my computer for Sims 4. I tried what you said with moving my mods folder and starting up sims, but another folder did not regenerate so could it be my back up mods folder? Should I just delete the second mods folder and just use the one in my sims 4 folder?
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,574 Member
    edited March 2019
    @Kaytasia: If you do happen to run a batch fix on something you did not want to change. There is a backup of the .package files that were changed in: Documents\Sims 4 Studio\Batch Fixes
    source: https://simscommunity.info/2018/09/03/the-sims-4-how-to-run-a-batch-fix-with-sims-4-studio/
    Post edited by 83bienchen on
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
    I actually don't use one drive but I do have a back up mods folder that I use just to be safe, and that seems to be the only other mods folder on my computer for Sims 4. I tried what you said with moving my mods folder and starting up sims, but another folder did not regenerate so could it be my back up mods folder? Should I just delete the second mods folder and just use the one in my sims 4 folder?

Hello @Ara_Elise
    A new mods folder should have been generated. It sounds like the computer is using a different mods folder instead of the correct one in the Sims 4 folder. Try removing the second mods folder and test to see if the issue remains.
    I deleted the extra mods folder and actually found a third in another location, which I also deleted. It all works now, thank you so much!
    I deleted the extra mods folder and actually found a third in another location, which I also deleted. It all works now, thank you so much!

It is great that it is working now :)
  • Saiga_TataricaSaiga_Tatarica Posts: 1 New Member
    Does anyone know what's wrong with my game? This is the log...

<?xml version="1.0" ?><root>
    <report><version>2</version><sessionid>8c3dab343ff07ea75ca10187</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2019-03-31 14:08:22</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.47.51.1020-1.200.000.375.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>household_milestone.py:38</categoryid><desyncid>8c3dab343ff07ea75ca10187</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>Exception raised while trying to run a test event in test_events.py: (AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'household_milestone_tracker')
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    Caught and logged:
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\areaserver.py", line 113, in wrapped
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\areaserver.py", line 109, in finally_wrap
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\utils.py", line 157, in wrapper
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\utils.py", line 175, in wrapper
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\areaserver.py", line 356, in c_api_client_connect
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\zone.py", line 547, in do_zone_spin_up
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\zone_spin_up_service.py", line 1299, in update
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\zone_spin_up_service.py", line 227, in on_enter
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\sims\household_manager.py", line 70, in load_households
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\sims\household_manager.py", line 152, in _load_household_from_household_proto
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\sims\household.py", line 1136, in load_data
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\sims\sim_info.py", line 2808, in load_sim_info
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\sims\sim_info.py", line 3103, in _load_sim_info
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\distributor\fields.py", line 145, in __set__
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\sims\sim_info.py", line 2171, in allow_fame
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\components\__init__.py", line 459, in exported_func
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\components\statistic_component.py", line 960, in lock_statistic
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\statistics\ranked_statistic.py", line 938, in on_lock
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\statistics\continuous_statistic.py", line 992, in on_lock
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\statistics\ranked_statistic.py", line 708, in set_value
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\event_testing\event_manager_service.py", line 256, in process_event
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\event_testing\event_manager_service.py", line 365, in _process_test_event
    File "D:\SVN\S4_Modules\mc_cmd_center\mc_utils.py", line 122, in _wrapper_function
    File "D:\SVN\S4_Modules\mc_cmd_center\mc_injections.py", line 805, in inject_last_exception_log
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\event_testing\event_manager_service.py", line 363, in _process_test_event
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\household_milestones\household_milestone.py", line 38, in handle_event
    AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'household_milestone_tracker'
    rtim=0</desyncdata></report>
    </root>
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top