Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I can't get rid of the sculpting station!

I don't know what happened but I have a sculpting station and it is rendered useless and cannot be deleted. There is a huge block of wood on it, and it is an eye sore. :( I recently had to evict, copy the lot to the bin, bulldoze the entire thing and replace because of another glitch that was happening (my teen was stuck doing the "sneaking around" walk all over the house for no reason. It happened when I moved the family back in. I cannot use it, sell it, or delete it. I cannot select it. I can't use the testingcheats delete. I can't get rid of it no matter what! Is there any help out there? The thing is right along the side of the house so it is going to keep me from being able to add on to the house in the future and I just can't have that. Please tell me there is a solution!!
The Palmer Legacy -- Generation 1

It all started with Zack & Blair....

Comments

• SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    edited July 2018
    You can try clicking on City Hall with NRaas: MasterController > Town > Reset Everything (this may take a moment)
    or
    NRaas: MasterController > Household > Object Reset > choose lot > Not Inventory > choose item and reset (requires MC Cheats module)

If that's not working but you have a save right before evicting family + replacing lot, there's a much easier way to fix the sneak glitch.
    NRaas: MasterController > Advanced > Reset Sim
    or
    NRaas: DebugEnabler > Options > Reset Walk
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • MKSizzleMKSizzle Posts: 557 Member
    Thanks @SimplyJen I am always afraid to do "reset sim" or "Reset everything" because I don't know what it will do. Like where does it reset to? Will it start them over? Do they lose their progress? What exactly will it do?

• JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited July 2018
    There is also a simple vanilla way to fix the sneak glitch (this won’t help you concerning your main question but thought I’d leave it here anyway): go to edit town, take the teen out, put the teen right back in and return to your game. I think it’s a hard reset like the mod one. Nothing dramatic will happen to your sim when you do that, they’ll just lose their wishes (but new ones will pop up soon enough).

As for the problem with the station I have no solution I fear. The glitch may have occured because there’s a block of wood on it. It’s real strange deleting with testingcheats doesn’t work...
    5JZ57S6.png
    edited July 2018
    MasterController reset sim is more thorough compared to the games built in reset sim cheat.

Reset everything performs a reset on every object and sim in town. Resetting a sim drops every action/interaction and places them in front of the home lot. Skills, relations, progress, etc are untouched.

Before reset everything for the town, you can try this instead... Click any where on the ground of the home lot > NRaas: MasterController > Reset Lot
    This will reset just the home lot with everything on it.
    Gotcha @SimplyJen I shall try this. I hope it works because, it is so ugly and in the way!!

IlCg5Mj.jpg

I mean, look at the thing hahaha. I had to buy another one for her so she could continue sculpting. I really hope the reset does the trick.

No problem... it's annoying when these little problems pop up. I just had a glitch in my game where I couldn't fire the butler. It was an easy solution but I didn't bother playing until igazor helped me out.

Let me know if you need further help.
    @igazor to the rescue! Always haha

Ok so the reset didn't work but what I ended up doing was searching for it via MasterController in the computer and "flushing" the object. That seemed to do the trick!

• KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    @MKSizzle I often use Debug Enabler (from NRAAS) to get rid of things that are stuck. But you need to be sure there is nothing within the radius you are going to purge as it gets rid of everything (including things on the level above or below I discovered). I usually choose Radius Purge 1. You pick a number the default is 0. I use 1 if I only want a single object to go. But be careful not to have a sim too close or it'll go as well. But having said all of that I find it very useful for getting rid of anything that can't be removed any other way.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited July 2018
    The butler did it! :p

The OP has solved their problem in exactly the way I would have -- MC > Object Stats > Select to Flush. And then the DebugEnabler way as was also mentioned if for some odd reason the MC method fails. Radius Purges are tricky things and sometimes too effective, you wouldn't want to lose a sim or something important like the active plumbob that way so it's best to save(as) first in case something goes wrong.

But just to add some information here, MC Resets on sims, lots and Reset Everything actually rebuild the sims, lots, and objects from the ground up based on the information the game has on them. That's why they are considered much deeper than a testingcheatsenabled resetsim (which really doesn't do much except get sims out of impossible situations) and they do not disturb wishes and opps like the Edit Town evict method does. One should never be afraid to MC Reset a sim, lot, or town. If sims end up looking entirely different or glitch out after such an operation, afraid that means the sim or object was too corrupt to work with at the start.

I run and highly recommend an MC Reset Everything every 6-8 sim weeks or so to keep ongoing games running well. It's intrusive to gameplay, so I try to do this in the middle of the night/wee hours of the morning when I can then send everyone back to bed or whatever they were doing and to minimize the number of inactives at work who would be disturbed. But it does seem to reach some things that Overwatch and ErrorTrap either can't or take much longer to notice, world lot routing seems to be improved after having run one, my games start up and save noticeably faster, etc. Wouldn't want to run one more often than required though, and it can take as long as 10-15 minutes to run depending on one's system, the size of the world and how many sims/objects are in it.
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    @igazor I reset town once a sim week. Is this too often? I always do it just after 3am when I load my save and it only takes a couple of minutes and I like how my game runs smoother afterwards.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited July 2018
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    @igazor I reset town once a sim week. Is this too often? I always do it just after 3am when I load my save and it only takes a couple of minutes and I like how my game runs smoother afterwards.
    I would find the annoyance factor to be high, but once per sim week should be fine if it gives you positive results. After every meal would probably be too disruptive.

My more stubborn, or more poorly designed worlds with minor flaws here and there seem to require every 4 sim weeks rather than 6-8, others can go longer before I even begin to notice any issues or sluggishness in play and delays in loading.

But I actually forgot why I was posting what I did while I was typing. There were concerns expressed that Reset Everything from the MC > Town menu might reset sims' progression or undo career and skill progress, or send things back to they way they were at the very beginning of the game, that kind of thing. That's not what it does. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    Thanks @igazor :) I got concerned when I read your earlier 6-8 week suggestion and tend to worry about things that aren't an issue because I have been doing this for a long, long time and have never encountered any problems because of it.
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    @Mikezumi I do the same thing you do - once a sim week at 3 AM. It usually only takes a minute or two.