Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Religious mod?

Hi,
I was just wondering, has anyone created a mod which would allow Sims to be religious? I know why EA didn't put it in game, but still it would be more like real life if I could choose the religion of my Sim. I know that lots of Simmers build churches etc., but I don't know if some mod exists.
Thanks.
giphy.gif
After all, He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named did great things. Terrible, yes. But great.

Comments

• lillibattenberglillibattenberg Posts: 1,279 Member
    Just had a flick through Lana's CC Finds and it doesn't look like it exists, sorry. :'( Your best bet is probably a mixture of buildings, poses and your imagination.
    Jacob_Banner.png
  • MidagereMidagere Posts: 67 Member
    Yeah, thaht's a pity.
    giphy.gif
    After all, He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named did great things. Terrible, yes. But great.
  • ipippinipippin Posts: 37 Member
    Many modders create items based around religion and spirituality, which are easy finds under the search 'Sims 4 religion CC'.
    I found the following traits which may help (still a newbie - can't link, sorry!)

- Spiritual' trait by kateintheAM on modthesims
    - SIMS 4 CAS TRAIT: Religious on Lana CC Finds

I don't believe there are religions such as Christianity or Hinduism in the game yet, but I disbelieve that they'd be incredibly hard to code.
  • Laura_JonesLaura_Jones Posts: 485 Member
    THIS is something that I wish they'd at least offer the option to players. Why is it bad or wrong to offer sims a belief in something bigger than themselves? I think it would make the game way more dynamic. Morals? Is that too much to ask for?
    @Laura_Jones I think it is important to note that in the Sims universe, technically, you are the God/Goddess. Regardless, I do believe EA made the right decision to avoid including real-world religions, however, I would like to see EA's take on a Sim-only religion. After all, it is their universe and not our own, so we shouldn't expect 'Christianity' or 'Hinduism'.
    edited July 2018
    Right. I wasn't saying it should be a real religion. For all I care it could be the llama religion. But I think spirituality in someone's life has important moral and ethical implications, and I don't see how that should be left out of a people simulation.
    That was what I was saying. You, as a God/Goddess of your sims lives decides whether a sim should have morals or not. I would like to see spirituality that is beyond us, as the technical creators of the Sims we make, though.
    TS4 doesn't even let Sims acknowledge us as their "masters" though. In the first two games, they'd wave and holler at us if they were unhappy or needed something, or if you told them to do an activity they loved, they'd look at the camera and be like "Yes!!" Now, that's gone. So I don't see myself as being something they have this sort of knowing of. I see myself as a passive observer.
    Not to mention, there is Nothing stopping my sims from acting solely on their emotions at any given moment. They have no self control, and sometimes I don't want to have to micromanage their conversations, especially with the "flirty" mood. I actively avoid having their friends over if they're in that mood because they will most definitely cheat on their partner with their words, and often I can't act fast enough to stop it.
    I do see what you mean, as I did play the earlier games as well. Ideally, a spiritual/faith mod will come out.
  • PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    I think it's a smart move from them to keep religion out of Sims 4 because religion is a very controversial topic and even if the religion in the game wouldn't necessarily be a real religion it would probably have some influence from different religions which would end up upsetting a lot of people who have different beliefs. Everyone believes (or don't) in different things and the beliefs can be a very touchy subject for some people (some people can feel very strongly about their own beliefs and think other religions are wrong etc)

Obviously, if a modder wants to make a religion mod then there's no problem, I guess.
    I agree @PeculiarPlumbob. I do see how some controversy could start from including in-world factors to this game. I wouldn't mind, though, a completely different style of 'religion'/'belief'. Like @Laura_Jones said, a 'Llama Religion' wouldn't seem to bad and actually rather enjoyable.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Church Event Mod. Sends your sims to church. It requires City Living, and the church must be on a generic or residential lot with a microphone.
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    ipippin wrote: »
    I agree @PeculiarPlumbob. I do see how some controversy could start from including in-world factors to this game. I wouldn't mind, though, a completely different style of 'religion'/'belief'. Like @Laura_Jones said, a 'Llama Religion' wouldn't seem to bad and actually rather enjoyable.

I definitely see where you are coming from but even a fictional religion can become offensive if it has parallels to real life. Even the animations uses to represent praying to something fictional, since bowing, clasping hands, etc. have ties to real religions. It'd be nice if we could have a Llama religion but it is too controversial a topic.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg