Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Spring trees in the fall...

I have been playing Seasons for about a week now and I am thoroughly enjoying it. It's absolutely beautiful and it has changed my game completely, in a very positive way. I have very few complaints, but this is one of them - there are a few trees that look completely out of place in the fall because of their pink and white spring colors. I'm talking about these:

The pink ones and the white one (from Cats & Dogs, I believe) to the right:
bKRLsaQ.jpg

And this pink one:
W1P2QuM.jpg

I hope they can change this in a patch, because it kinda ruins the immersion for me... just a little bit. :|

Comments

• BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    edited July 2018
    They showed content with this pre-release, so I'm pretty sure it was intentional, sadly. I remember seeing it and just thinking "Why".

It would be REALLY nice if these trees were made to only bloom during the Spring, and then have leaves in the Summer, which change colors for the Fall. I'm pretty sure that's what the equivalent trees do IRL.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    the dogwood (the 'white flower' one...which are actually leaves. dogwood flowers are small and green and in the center of the white leaves) actually come with several different color swatches that mimic various seasons decently well. that only works if they're on buildable lots, though. and requires going in to change them manually...

screenshot of the three swatches incoming, though two of them are actually 'early spring' (just a few white leaves) and 'not quite as early spring' (all white).
    df3c1f3b94e965ac5f60c2e0944e8cf2.jpg

i know they go leafless and brown in winter and early spring, since there are some on my main family's lot. but it's just now hit day one fall in my game (well, a week ago. haven't had time to actually play this week) so dunno if the different swatches will have different changes throughout the season
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Yeah, they look very much out of place with the changing seasons. Hope they fix this.
  • birdonawirebirdonawire Posts: 400 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »
    the dogwood (the 'white flower' one...which are actually leaves. dogwood flowers are small and green and in the center of the white leaves) actually come with several different color swatches that mimic various seasons decently well. that only works if they're on buildable lots, though. and requires going in to change them manually...

screenshot of the three swatches incoming, though two of them are actually 'early spring' (just a few white leaves) and 'not quite as early spring' (all white).

i know they go leafless and brown in winter and early spring, since there are some on my main family's lot. but it's just now hit day one fall in my game (well, a week ago. haven't had time to actually play this week) so dunno if the different swatches will have different changes throughout the season

Thank you! I had completely forgotten about the swatches.

I still hope they fix the pink ones and make them change colors, like this:

0lrzshV.jpg
  • BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »

Thank you! I had completely forgotten about the swatches.

I still hope they fix the pink ones and make them change colors, like this:

0lrzshV.jpg

Yes, exactly!

Before seeing your posts, I really felt like I was the only one who actually cared about this. In the time since The Sims 2 Seasons was released I don't feel like I've ever seen anyone other than me wish for blooming trees in the Spring.

The sad thing is that the developers (or at least the advertising team) know that Spring is supposed to have blossoming trees. In both The Sims 3 and 4's Seasons trailers and other forms of advertisements they made sure to stick the cherry blossom trees in every instance they were showing Spring. The Sims 3's Seasons trailer was particularly bad about this. Yet I never saw even one person aside from myself say anything. o.o
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Franko30Franko30 Posts: 64 Member
    edited June 2020
    https://ibb.co/bgXhVwBI dont know, for me what trow me off and ruine my experience in Brindleton Bay are the dogwood tree, after the seasons patch, they turned to a deep green saturated in the world of Brindleton bay and it looks idious at best.

https://ibb.co/YhG0xP4