Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are ways to make money you don't have to work in the sims 4 game?

I'm talking about my sims 4 game. Actually, I was slacker because i don't like work. I ask question because i was curious.
Hello, How are you?

Comments

• AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 711 Member
    1. Painting (Get Marketable and Creative Visionary traits), then get the garage sell table or open a business.
    2. Gardening (This got even better with Seasons)
    3. Furniture crafting (Get marketable trait)
    4. Programming skill but I don't think it's that profitable
    5. Write books but takes long.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    If you mean not working an actual career there's a good couple of ways depending on what appeals to y ou

-Fishing
    -Selling collectibles and minerals
    -Selling artifacts from Selvadorada (Jungle Adventure)
    -Gardening
    -Selling plants and collectibles found at the festivals in San Mynshuno (Searching for snow globes and posters and selling them.)
    -Playing for tips with whatever instrument (or busking in City Living)
    -Kleptomaniac (Going to other sims home and stealing their stuff and selling it.)
    -Ask for a loan (Requires charisma to be high. Can be a small loan or a big loan). I haven't paid multiple sims back and there hasn't been a penalty for being a moocher
    -Sale items with the sale table, which you can have a yard sale on your lot and mark up the price however you like
    5vJrxmT.png
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited July 2018
    In Seasons, you can have your sim get a job with the Gardening Career, but never have to go into work. When the sim works at home, there is only one maybe two things they have to get done in before the next working day. They can even complete those away from home. Once my sim was asked to harvest one thing. She went outside, found a wild plant and harvest it, and went back to what she was doing before and the job was done.

But to earn money, and not work there are a ton of things they can do; besides what AlanSims mentioned there is also painting. They can also go out side and fish, collect rocks, gems, fossils, plants, frogs and sell those off for money as well.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Motherlode, Motherlode, Motherlode.
    :p
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • SilentMichaelSilentMichael Posts: 103 Member
    AlanSims wrote: »
    1. Painting (Get Marketable and Creative Visionary traits), then get the garage sell table or open a business.
    2. Gardening (This got even better with Seasons)
    3. Furniture crafting (Get marketable trait)
    4. Programming skill but I don't think it's that profitable
    5. Write books but takes long.

Furniture crafting?

LadyKyn wrote: »
    If you mean not working an actual career there's a good couple of ways depending on what appeals to y ou

-Fishing
    -Gardening
    -Selling plants and collectibles found at the festivals in San Mynshuno (Searching for snow globes and posters and selling them.)
    -Kleptomaniac (Going to other sims home and stealing their stuff and selling it.)
    -Ask for a loan (Requires charisma to be high. Can be a small loan or a big loan). I haven't paid multiple sims back and there hasn't been a penalty for being a moocher
    -Sale items with the sale table, which you can have a yard sale on your lot and mark up the price however you like

Collectibles and minerals? Where is posters? Sale table?

Movotti wrote: »
    Motherlode, Motherlode, Motherlode.
    :p

Lol! No.

Thank you for answer my question. You are best.
    Hello, How are you?
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited July 2018
    Also forgot the wood working table (build stuff outta wood and just sell your items), Floral Arranging (in seasons) and painting. :p

Posters you'll find if you have City Living. They're usually on the back of these things that kinda look like mail boxes or some kind of electrical box that the land lord or mechanic can be seen working on now and again on the side walk. Posters are plopped right behind them.

Collectibles like the my sim trophies and the minerals/rocks you can dig up around in the area.
    5vJrxmT.png
    Also forgot the wood working table (build stuff outta wood and just sell your items), Floral Arranging (in seasons) and painting. :p

Posters you'll find if you have City Living. They're usually on the back of these things that kinda look like mail boxes or some kind of electrical box that the land lord or mechanic can be seen working on now and again on the side walk. Posters are plopped right behind them.

Collectibles like the my sim trophies and the minerals/rocks you can dig up around in the area.

Thanks.
    Hello, How are you?
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Selling stuff on the selling table.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
    Selling stuff on the selling table.

Okay.
    Hello, How are you?
  • Samsonguy9000Samsonguy9000 Posts: 755 Member
    I haven't yet tried any of the Get to Work jobs where you actually go to the job, but I swear the Rabbit Hole jobs in 4 seem so much more exhausting. No time to do anything else when off shift.
    I've found music playing for tips, painting, and writing to be the most fun myself, with regular gardening(not for the career) as a backup for extra cash.
    -Music playing is rewarding the very moment the sim gets high enough level to actually play decent music. Right then I hit my Emerson Winchester mode and just wave my hands in rhythm to the music as they play. You will actually make tips just practicing from the start in some public venue. Find a nightclub or such with instruments, most likely a piano, and just start banging the ivories. You will find your sim will care more about the flat notes than the spectators.
    -Painting is about the quickest way to get to the big bucks. Each work doesn't take long, you can squeeze about three a day, and once you get to a certain level (about lvl 5) the masterpieces start showing up. That's when the dough really shows up. Also you will find the occasional piece worth keeping in your home which will help boost your sim's mood. Be careful, saved masterpieces will increase your bill payments.
    -Writing is not a fast track to a big pile of cash, but it will get you there. I find it fun for the titles I can apply to each book. I will even make series of novels with a certain character. There is also Programming which can give you opportunities for hacking, which can net you a nice sum now and then. Rather ideal for a Loner sim. Your sim could be Lisbeth Salander of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, or Lester of GTA V, or just some bored soccer mom who needs something to do when she has the house to herself.

I haven't yet tried any of the Get to Work jobs where you actually go to the job, but I swear the Rabbit Hole jobs in 4 seem so much more exhausting. No time to do anything else when off shift.
    I've found music playing for tips, painting, and writing to be the most fun myself, with regular gardening(not for the career) as a backup for extra cash.
    -Music playing is rewarding the very moment the sim gets high enough level to actually play decent music. Right then I hit my Emerson Winchester mode and just wave my hands in rhythm to the music as they play. You will actually make tips just practicing from the start in some public venue. Find a nightclub or such with instruments, most likely a piano, and just start banging the ivories. You will find your sim will care more about the flat notes than the spectators.
    -Painting is about the quickest way to get to the big bucks. Each work doesn't take long, you can squeeze about three a day, and once you get to a certain level (about lvl 5) the masterpieces start showing up. That's when the dough really shows up. Also you will find the occasional piece worth keeping in your home which will help boost your sim's mood. Be careful, saved masterpieces will increase your bill payments.
    -Writing is not a fast track to a big pile of cash, but it will get you there. I find it fun for the titles I can apply to each book. I will even make series of novels with a certain character. There is also Programming which can give you opportunities for hacking, which can net you a nice sum now and then. Rather ideal for a Loner sim. Your sim could be Lisbeth Salander of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, or Lester of GTA V, or just some bored soccer mom who needs something to do when she has the house to herself.

It's great, Thanks.
    Hello, How are you?
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    Sell the Vampire drinks you can mix at the bar (you need full Vampire lore and max. mixing skills if I remember well. You can sell the Vampirecure for 14'000 Simoleons.
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
    Busufu wrote: »
    Sell the Vampire drinks you can mix at the bar (you need full Vampire lore and max. mixing skills if I remember well. You can sell the Vampirecure for 14'000 Simoleons.

Right. I see vampire went to my neighbor's apartment. I was uncomfortable because if vampire come to my home, I move out for other location to avoid vampire the creepy. Actually, I see video about vampire bite woman's husband's neck. I dislike vampire.
    Hello, How are you?
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    If you have Get Together painting clubs. They paint you sell... Sometimes I have a member of the household sell they crank them out fast. I usually get twice as many easels (eventually) as there are club members. You can be both a slacker and a sweat shop in one win/win.
    egTcBMc.png
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    If you have Get Together painting clubs. They paint you sell... Sometimes I have a member of the household sell they crank them out fast. I usually get twice as many easels (eventually) as there are club members. You can be both a slacker and a sweat shop in one win/win.

I read internet about sweat shop, because sweat shop is bad idea. About sweat shop alternatives?
    Hello, How are you?
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

-Fishing
    -Gardening

If you want to really get into the selling rocks/crystals bit, go for the Curator aspiration -- you can sell the rocks and crystals to the Simsonian museum and make a lot of money that way. Geek trait helps with finding better collectibles.

When you get high enough in Archaeology Skill, the Simsonian will start sending you artifacts to authenticate -- when you authenticate them and send them back, you can get §3000 to §4000 for each one. Doing freelance programming also pays pretty well the higher your programming skill.

I had a klepto vampire in a save once -- that was pretty fun. :) Mischief has to be pretty high to steal large stuff, I think, so you're limited to cheap decor stuff at first like tissue boxes.

Painting seems to be the steadiest and most lucrative. You'll start out with just being able to sell to collectors, but when you get higher in painting skill, the sell to art gallery option pops up and that's when you can really start making the money. Make sure your Sim has the Creative Visionary trait from the Rewards Store if you really want to make a lot of Simoleons. . Though if you have Seasons, save up the rewards points and get the Money Tree -- careful care and you'll bring in about 10K per farvest, or more if you take really good care of it and it improves in "quality".
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)

-Fishing
    -Gardening

If you want to really get into the selling rocks/crystals bit, go for the Curator aspiration -- you can sell the rocks and crystals to the Simsonian museum and make a lot of money that way. Geek trait helps with finding better collectibles.

When you get high enough in Archaeology Skill, the Simsonian will start sending you artifacts to authenticate -- when you authenticate them and send them back, you can get §3000 to §4000 for each one. Doing freelance programming also pays pretty well the higher your programming skill.

I had a klepto vampire in a save once -- that was pretty fun. :) Mischief has to be pretty high to steal large stuff, I think, so you're limited to cheap decor stuff at first like tissue boxes.

Painting seems to be the steadiest and most lucrative. You'll start out with just being able to sell to collectors, but when you get higher in painting skill, the sell to art gallery option pops up and that's when you can really start making the money. Make sure your Sim has the Creative Visionary trait from the Rewards Store if you really want to make a lot of Simoleons. . Though if you have Seasons, save up the rewards points and get the Money Tree -- careful care and you'll bring in about 10K per farvest, or more if you take really good care of it and it improves in "quality".

Great, thanks.
    Hello, How are you?
  • KirbySkywalkerKirbySkywalker Posts: 511 Member

I read internet about sweat shop, because sweat shop is bad idea. About sweat shop alternatives?

Just turn on the A/C so they don’t sweat. Then it’s ok. Grandfather Winter Approves.

Just turn on the A/C so they don’t sweat. Then it’s ok. Grandfather Winter Approves.

Did you read Hermitgirl's post?
    Hello, How are you?
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited September 2018
    Some other ways to make money with little effort from those already mentioned would be video gaming for instance. You won't get rich from it, but once they get some skills your Sims can enter tournaments. Glutton Sims can rummage in the trash for free food and sometimes free stuff to sell. Even though you don't like vampires, your Sims could still read up on vampire lore and learn how to turn fish and frogs into plasma packs worth 50 simoleans a pop! Very profitable to do with minnows and other small fish not worth much otherwise.

In fact fishing can be very profitable if you know where to go. Fish off the pier in Magnolia Promenade and they can get VooDoo dolls worth 900 simoleans and Dragonfruit seeds worth 250 simoleans each, fish up violins in the very back fishing area by the rocks in Oasis Springs park worth 450 simoleans and fish up cowberries, plant them, then go into buy mode and sell them for 475 simoleans. Just some ideas...have fun! :)
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    Some other ways to make money with little effort from those already mentioned would be video gaming for instance. You won't get rich from it, but once they get some skills your Sims can enter tournaments. Glutton Sims can rummage in the trash for free food and sometimes free stuff to sell. Even though you don't like vampires, your Sims could still read up on vampire lore and learn how to turn fish and frogs into plasma packs worth 50 simoleans a pop! Very profitable to do with minnows and other small fish not worth much otherwise.

In fact fishing can be very profitable if you know where to go. Fish off the pier in Magnolia Promenade and they can get VooDoo dolls worth 900 simoleans and Dragonfruit seeds worth 250 simoleans each, fish up violins in the very back fishing area by the rocks in Oasis Springs park worth 450 simoleans and fish up cowberries, plant them, then go into buy mode and sell them for 475 simoleans. Just some ideas...have fun! :)

Fish is my favorite, I had fishing rod once. My cousin broke my favorite fishing rod.
    Hello, How are you?
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Archaeology is also a way to get money if you have Jungle Adventures. Same goes with Herbalism for Outdoor Retreat. And you can always buy a retail store to sell your craftables there to get more profit.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    There is also the reward trait money tree, it gives 8000 simple and when harvesting
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    There is the slacker career
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=613646

I have one that is a scammer.
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=613646

One who is a hacker
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=608344

For "work" for my sims not in careers, I have them write, paint, and bake

Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • bombtoribombtori Posts: 30 Member
    My new favorite way to get money without working is when you get to level 10 of the archaeology career, every couple days you get sent artifacts to verify. You get like $4000. That, combined with actually selling the artifacts from the jungle makes a decent amount of money. I like it because it feels like you're working from home haha.