Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hello! Come and introduce yourself!

Comments

• coloringpicturescoloringpictures Posts: 19 Member
    Hello! My name is Kai. I've been playing the Sims since 2009, but I just recently decided to become active on the forums. I play Sims 2, Sims 3, and Sims 4! I'd love to make friends! Have a great day.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,593 Member
    Hello! My name is Kai. I've been playing the Sims since 2009, but I just recently decided to become active on the forums. I play Sims 2, Sims 3, and Sims 4! I'd love to make friends! Have a great day.

Hello @coloringpictures :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is great that you have joined the simming forums community. I hope that you will enjoy reading the forum threads, meeting and chatting with fellow simmers, and posting about the sims from your games. It is nice that you play the three versions of The Sims. You would enjoy deciding what household and version that you would like to play that day.
    Happy simming! :)
  • flutesimsplayerflutesimsplayer Posts: 3 New Member
    I’m Emma and I’ve been Simming since December 2016 although I just found this website recently. I’m introverted and socially awkward. I like musicals and instruments (I play flute, piano and guitar).
    Sincerely me (oh no)
  • SilentMichaelSilentMichael Posts: 103 Member
    I mention few sims games i had: the sims game i bought from used item store since unknown year, the sims 3 stories i bought from walmart since 2009 and my cousin bought the sims 4 for me. Last week ago. I don't remember what year because i bought the sims game from used item store.
    Hello, How are you?
    I’m Emma and I’ve been Simming since December 2016 although I just found this website recently. I’m introverted and socially awkward. I like musicals and instruments (I play flute, piano and guitar).
    Sincerely me (oh no)

Hello @flutesimsplayer :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you have been Simming since December 2016. You would have spent many fun and happy hours playing The Sims over the last 18 months. Simming is fun!
    It is very special that you play the musical instruments <3 You would enjoy the beauty that unfolds in the music as you play the musical pieces. You would like seeing your sims playing the musical instruments also :)
    I mention few sims games i had: the sims game i bought from used item store since unknown year, the sims 3 stories i bought from walmart since 2009 and my cousin bought the sims 4 for me. Last week ago. I don't remember what year because i bought the sims game from used item store.

Hello @SilentMichael
    It was very kind and thoughtful of your cousin to buy the Sims 4 game for you :) Happy Sims 4 simming!
  • AmaBlackwoodAmaBlackwood Posts: 7 New Member
    Hello, all!
    I've been simming since the very first game, off/on over the years. I was really into it with TS3, but lost my computer (long story). I treated myself to an early birthday present: an Alienware gaming laptop. Now, I can play 2,3 and 4!!!!!! Of course, I will be starting all new families, but that is just fine with me. I love the process!

Looking forward to meeting new simmers!
    Ama xoxo
    AmaDinova wrote: »
    Hello, all!
    I've been simming since the very first game, off/on over the years. I was really into it with TS3, but lost my computer (long story). I treated myself to an early birthday present: an Alienware gaming laptop. Now, I can play 2,3 and 4!!!!!! Of course, I will be starting all new families, but that is just fine with me. I love the process!

Looking forward to meeting new simmers!
    Ama xoxo

Hello @AmaDinova :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that you have been simming since the original Sims 1 game. I am sorry that you lost your computer and could no longer do simming :( It is great that you now have an Alienware gaming laptop and can enjoy playing the three simming versions on it! That is exciting! I hope that your setting up of your new save games goes well :)
  • AmaBlackwoodAmaBlackwood Posts: 7 New Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > AmaDinova wrote: »
    >
    > Hello, all!
    > I've been simming since the very first game, off/on over the years. I was really into it with TS3, but lost my computer (long story). I treated myself to an early birthday present: an Alienware gaming laptop. Now, I can play 2,3 and 4!!!!!! Of course, I will be starting all new families, but that is just fine with me. I love the process!
    >
    > Looking forward to meeting new simmers!
    > Ama xoxo
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @AmaDinova :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    > It is very nice that you have been simming since the original Sims 1 game. I am sorry that you lost your computer and could no longer do simming :( It is great that you now have an Alienware gaming laptop and can enjoy playing the three simming versions on it! That is exciting! I hope that your setting up of your new save games goes well :)
    > Happy simming! :)

Thank you so much, dear!!! I'm really excited :smile:
    AmaDinova wrote: »
    > @rosemow said:
    > AmaDinova wrote: »
    >
    > Hello, all!
    > I've been simming since the very first game, off/on over the years. I was really into it with TS3, but lost my computer (long story). I treated myself to an early birthday present: an Alienware gaming laptop. Now, I can play 2,3 and 4!!!!!! Of course, I will be starting all new families, but that is just fine with me. I love the process!
    >
    > Looking forward to meeting new simmers!
    > Ama xoxo
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @AmaDinova :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    > It is very nice that you have been simming since the original Sims 1 game. I am sorry that you lost your computer and could no longer do simming :( It is great that you now have an Alienware gaming laptop and can enjoy playing the three simming versions on it! That is exciting! I hope that your setting up of your new save games goes well :)
    > Happy simming! :)

Thank you so much, dear!!! I'm really excited :smile:

You’re welcome @AmaDinova :)
  • aMemeAddictaMemeAddict Posts: 128 Member
    Hello! I'm aMemeAddict, I chose this username because I've been using it on everywhere else.
    I started playing Sims 4 because I used to play the first Sims and the Sims 2 as a child, and I wanted to be creative.
    I decided to join the forums because even after 4 years, the Sims 4 community seems pretty active and alive to me, and I want to learn what ideas, creations or custom content other players have.

I hope to have a good time here.
    1500x500
    Hello! I'm aMemeAddict, I chose this username because I've been using it on everywhere else.
    I started playing Sims 4 because I used to play the first Sims and the Sims 2 as a child, and I wanted to be creative.
    I decided to join the forums because even after 4 years, the Sims 4 community seems pretty active and alive to me, and I want to learn what ideas, creations or custom content other players have.

I hope to have a good time here.

Hello @aMemeAddict :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you are using here the same username that you use in other places also.
    It is great that you started simming by playing the original sims 1 and 2 as a child, and have now returned to simming by playing Sims 4. You would have happy childhood memories of simming when you were younger <3
    Simming is a great way of expressing our creativity through the game! We can enjoy working out background stories for our sims, as well as enjoy creating sims in cas and bring our build design ideas into sims game form,
    I hope that you will enjoy finding many helpful game tips and creative ideas as you read the forum threads,
  • DocHudson51FHHDocHudson51FHH Posts: 282 Member

Aloha everyone,

It has been WAY to long since I last posted something. So I will just post a few things about me.

Favorite movies, Mannheim Steamroller The Christmas Angel, Disney; Cars 1,2,& 3,Planes, Planes Fire and Recue, and DreamWorks Spirit Stallion of the Cimarron
    Favorite online/computer games, Star Stable Online and Sims 3
    Favorite offline games, Yu-Gi-Oh Dual Monsters (any one want to dual?)
    Favorite other things; reading clean adventure books, bike riding, and going to classic car shows (old cars ROCK)

Well that's all for now.
    :star: Hope everyone has a fabulous day :star:
    edited July 2018
    Aloha everyone,

It has been WAY to long since I last posted something. So I will just post a few things about me.

Favorite movies, Mannheim Steamroller The Christmas Angel, Disney; Cars 1,2,& 3,Planes, Planes Fire and Recue, and DreamWorks Spirit Stallion of the Cimarron
    Favorite online/computer games, Star Stable Online and Sims 3
    Favorite offline games, Yu-Gi-Oh Dual Monsters (any one want to dual?)
    Favorite other things; reading clean adventure books, bike riding, and going to classic car shows (old cars ROCK)

Well that's all for now.
    :star: Hope everyone has a fabulous day :star:

Hello @DocHudson51FHH :) It nice to meet you. Welcome back to posting on the forums!
    It was very nice reading about you favourite interests and things that you enjoy doing and watching. Your favourite movies are very enjoyable and fun to watch. Your Cars signature looks great!
    It is nice that you enjoy going bike riding. You would enjoy spending time outdoors in the air. It is great for your health also.
    Vintage cars are very nice!
  • 1HappyMonkey1HappyMonkey Posts: 22 Member
    Hello. I have played the Sims since the original. It is interesting how the Sims has evolved over the years, but I still have some favorite things from older versions. I miss going to university and playing in a music band together. The festivals, pets and seasons are very fun in Sims 4 and dining out definitely works better. I am currently improving my building skills by creating houses based on real floor plans. I am also trying a few challenges that interest me, but I seem to get distracted from them to start a new build or design and dress another sim.
    Hello. I have played the Sims since the original. It is interesting how the Sims has evolved over the years, but I still have some favorite things from older versions. I miss going to university and playing in a music band together. The festivals, pets and seasons are very fun in Sims 4 and dining out definitely works better. I am currently improving my building skills by creating houses based on real floor plans. I am also trying a few challenges that interest me, but I seem to get distracted from them to start a new build or design and dress another sim.

Hello @1HappyMonkey :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you have been simming since the original Sims 1. You would have many special memories of events and things that happened in the lives of your Sims households over the time. Sims 4 Pets are great menbers of our sims households! It is enjoyable seeing the interactions between the Sims and their pets! The different seasons , seasonal activities, and weather conditions in Seasons are very nice !
    It is enjoyable building sims gameversion homes based on real life floor plans. Building is a very nice way of expressing our creativity through the game! Landscaping, building and furnishing the home are all great stages of the home build!
    Happy simming ! :)
  • simsostrangesimsostrange Posts: 11 New Member
    @rosemow and @GrandmaJaney
    Thank you so much for the warm welcome. I'm really looking forward to being apart of this wonderful community!
  • FireFancyFireFancy Posts: 11 New Member
    Hi everybody :D
    I've actually been stalking the forums for a while now, but only now just started getting interested in posting.

I was introduced to the Sims games with MySims Agents, hahaha. Me and my sister beat the wii version of the game, but we also have it on DS. We never won it, unfortunately. Later on we got Sims 3 for the Wii, but we didn't really like it, because our house kept setting on fire and everyone kept dying so our sims were always crying. (To be honest, I think that was because we were just bad at the game hahaha)

We got Sims 3 Pets on the Nintendo 3DS, and we had a lot more fun with that. I hardly played with the pets, but I played through the medical career all the way to the end. :D

I don't exactly remember when or why we got Sims 4. It was a love hate relationship at first, but not for reasons some might think. I had horrible internet service at the time, because the modem and router were painfully outdated. That made updates painfully slow. (Literally 3 kbps per minute... literally 28 hour updates for a 1 gigabyte download.)

I loved the game, but struggled to forgive the slow speeds. Origin, the gallery, the updates... I played offline most of the time. I was still pretty late to Sims 4, though. I think I got it right after the pool patch came.

Watching youtubers like the Sim Supply, Deligracy, LilSimsie, Koffee, Iron Seagull, Pixelade and Clare Siobhan kept me in the loop and kept me interested, and also helped me decide which packs I wanted to buy. It was always slow goings with the updates and the pack downloads, but they were worth it! Oddly enough, Pets and Vampires were my first packs, hahaha. I think Outdoor Retreat, Romantic Garden Stuff and Movie Hangout Stuff followed after? I don't remember.

Fast forward to this year, I upgraded all of our internet to modern life, and I fell in love with the game now that I can play it properly. I think it's fair to say that Sims 4 is the game that officially introduced me to the Sims franchise, and I'm very happy!

I'm really intimidated by the sims community, though. You're all such great builders! And you create such beautiful sims with amazing storylines! It's really incredible. But a lot of the veterans in the community are also rightly vocal about their criticisms for the game, too. I'll admit, this is the main reason why I avoided engaging in the youtube and twitter communities, or the forums.

But since the release of Seasons, things seem to be more positive. I also see a lot of fun building challenges that I want to try, and I want to start creating some stories of my own and share them here some time.

To be honest, I don't know how often I'll drop by or how often I'll leave comments, but It's nice to officially introduce myself :)
    FireFancy wrote: »
    Hi everybody :D
    I've actually been stalking the forums for a while now, but only now just started getting interested in posting.

I was introduced to the Sims games with MySims Agents, hahaha. Me and my sister beat the wii version of the game, but we also have it on DS. We never won it, unfortunately. Later on we got Sims 3 for the Wii, but we didn't really like it, because our house kept setting on fire and everyone kept dying so our sims were always crying. (To be honest, I think that was because we were just bad at the game hahaha)

We got Sims 3 Pets on the Nintendo 3DS, and we had a lot more fun with that. I hardly played with the pets, but I played through the medical career all the way to the end. :D

I don't exactly remember when or why we got Sims 4. It was a love hate relationship at first, but not for reasons some might think. I had horrible internet service at the time, because the modem and router were painfully outdated. That made updates painfully slow. (Literally 3 kbps per minute... literally 28 hour updates for a 1 gigabyte download.)

I loved the game, but struggled to forgive the slow speeds. Origin, the gallery, the updates... I played offline most of the time. I was still pretty late to Sims 4, though. I think I got it right after the pool patch came.

Watching youtubers like the Sim Supply, Deligracy, LilSimsie, Koffee, Iron Seagull, Pixelade and Clare Siobhan kept me in the loop and kept me interested, and also helped me decide which packs I wanted to buy. It was always slow goings with the updates and the pack downloads, but they were worth it! Oddly enough, Pets and Vampires were my first packs, hahaha. I think Outdoor Retreat, Romantic Garden Stuff and Movie Hangout Stuff followed after? I don't remember.

Fast forward to this year, I upgraded all of our internet to modern life, and I fell in love with the game now that I can play it properly. I think it's fair to say that Sims 4 is the game that officially introduced me to the Sims franchise, and I'm very happy!

I'm really intimidated by the sims community, though. You're all such great builders! And you create such beautiful sims with amazing storylines! It's really incredible. But a lot of the veterans in the community are also rightly vocal about their criticisms for the game, too. I'll admit, this is the main reason why I avoided engaging in the youtube and twitter communities, or the forums.

But since the release of Seasons, things seem to be more positive. I also see a lot of fun building challenges that I want to try, and I want to start creating some stories of my own and share them here some time.

To be honest, I don't know how often I'll drop by or how often I'll leave comments, but It's nice to officially introduce myself :)

Hello @FireFancy :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to posting on the forums !
    It is nice that you started simming by playing the console versions. I am sorry that you used to have a slow internet service which affected your enjoyment of playing Sims 4 when you first played it :( I am glad that you now have a better internet service and can now enjoy playing the Sims 4 game more fully and easier.
    Please don’t feel intimidated by the simming community! The good thing about simming is that we can all enjoy playing the game just as we ourselves want to enjoy playing it. We can all build homes and venues just as we can and want to build them. There isn’t a wrong or right way to build, or a “ bad” build. Every one builds homes and venues differently, and we all create sims differently with a wide variety of different story backgrounds, or with no background to see how their life unfolds in our games.
    I hope that you will enjoy doing the build challenges, and enjoy creating stories for your sims.
    It will be great seeing you on the forums when you post, how ever often you post.
  • FireFancyFireFancy Posts: 11 New Member
    @rosemow Thank you kindly, Rosemow! I swear I see you everywhere. You must never sleep or something, you're always helping somebody out with their glitches! :D
  • LunarKatriLunarKatri Posts: 15 Member
    Hi, I'm Lucya, I like creating sims and making stories with them, I haven't shared any of the stories I've made, and I don't fully know how to use this site, even though I've been a member for a while, I've only commented once, and I haven't made a post yet xD (I joined in 2016)
    LunarKatri wrote: »
    Hi, I'm Lucya, I like creating sims and making stories with them, I haven't shared any of the stories I've made, and I don't fully know how to use this site, even though I've been a member for a while, I've only commented once, and I haven't made a post yet xD (I joined in 2016)

Hello @LunarKatri :) It is nice to meet you.
    It is great that you enjoy creating sims, giving them background story details, and then seeing the stories of their lives develop in your game. You may like to read and post on the threads in the Challenges, Stories and Legacies section of the forums.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-stories-and-legacies
    When you are a full member and can start new threads, you may like to start a new thread there and post your stories.

You need to have 25points and 15 posts before you can become a full member and can then have an Avi picture, post pictures, have a signature, start new threads, edit posts , post links that show up correctly and have quotes appear in grey boxes . This thread explains about it.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/934205/small-change-for-new-members#latest

• VacillatorVacillator Posts: 5 New Member
    Hi everyone,

Long-time player of Sims but new to the forums. Hopefully I'll be a benefit to the community, particularly when I'm a full member.

On a side note, I'm seeking help with an bug I'm experiencing (to do with Sims Seasons) - is there any way I can ask for assistance from members before I'm allowed to start a new thread?

Thanks and happy simming!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top