Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I have a question about something on the Forum Rules.

LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
I was reading though the Forum Dos and Don'ts, and I came across this
Cheat to rank up. Level up your forum account just like you would level up in one of our games, by participating and not by cheating. Any threads posted to boost points or otherwise influence your forum rank directly will be closed.

I don't quite understand this, what are these points they are talking about?

Comments

• DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Everyone starts out as a NEW MEMBER to sort out those wishing to troll under a different name. So, you must earn points and you earn points by posting in CURRENT threads (do not necro a thread) and by receiving LIKES, AWESOMES and INSIGHTFULS.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    @Dannydanbo Thank you for replying. This is like the second time I've read through the rules, and I believe this was the first time noticing that, or maybe I just forgot I read that before.
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    @EA_Mage , in regards to the following rule -
    Use the search feature to see if there's already a thread for your question. If there is, use it instead of making a new one. Try to include all your points in a single place.

We get necro threads in the TS3 section all the time, people having the same issue, or thinking they're helping to solve an issue without looking at the date of the thread. Some of the threads being resurrected are nearly a decade old.

Could that rule be amended somehow to include not posting in a thread that isn't current, or is older than 12 months or something, and starting a new thread instead?
    I appreciate that newer people are unable to begin their own threads until 30 posts, but some of the people that have necro posted in old topics do have more than the required amount of posts.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,278 Member
    edited July 2018
    @Pary, actually the points/posts have changed from 50/30 to 25/15... :)

And some of them are TS4 players reviving the older TS3 threads not even looking at the date or title and section to see which TS game they're replying to.
    Post edited by lisasc360 on
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    edited July 2018
    nvm………...