Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One thing you dislike about seasons?...

Comments

• BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,418 Member
    That our sims don’t have Ushanka hats but the pets do. Love those type of hats ever since I saw them!
  • BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    Spring trees in the fall!

3KEGEIc.jpg
    1Aj9bVb.jpg

Yeah... For a Seasons iteration where they really put a lot more detail into plants changing through the seasons than previous iterations, this is a rather glaring oddity.

First of all I don't understand why we don't have trees that blossom during the Spring and turn to leaves coming into the Summer, but it's been that way in every iteration of The Sims. That has never been implemented.

In The Sims 3 Seasons, the cherry blossom trees awkwardly stayed blooming through summer like the corresponding trees do in The Sims 4 Seasons, but they at least 'changed' with the rest of the trees in the autumn, so there weren't a bunch of blooming trees out in the autumn. It's glaring enough that they stay blooming into the Summer. To have them blooming into the autumn? It's too much, way too much.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • EyeofShaktiEyeofShakti Posts: 304 Member
    That our sims don’t have Ushanka hats but the pets do. Love those type of hats ever since I saw them!

I had google what hat it is, but its cute!
    25up6pu.jpg
  • spookybeansspookybeans Posts: 5 New Member
    How sad my sims get when I don't do enough traditions, sometimes my sims are never home or I just forget!
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    NabiMeko wrote: »
    One thing I dislike about seasons....GNOMES... I hate they spawn all around my house on holidays and after holiday I have get rid of them! I love seasons but gate gnome!!!!! >.<
    Why not replace the gnome tradition with something else?
    I don’t like how Sims never change out of their hot/cold clothing when they go indoors.
    I don't mind sims staying in their hot outfits when going indoors, but I wish they would change back from cold outfits.

Same for me. I want them to stay in their hot outfits but change out of the cold outfits when indoors.
    The piles of stinky leaves all over the neighborhood and the fact you have to burn them to an ash pile to even throw them away.
    keekee53 wrote: »
    The piles of stinky leaves all over the neighborhood and the fact you have to burn them to an ash pile to even throw them away.

This...is true! I see lot them in my neighorhood! Why they stink anyway????
    25up6pu.jpg
    NabiMeko wrote: »

This...is true! I see lot them in my neighorhood! Why they stink anyway????

It is driving me crazy. I hate for my worlds to look trashy unless I want them to.
  • Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member

Oh gosh yes. Kids came back from the playground with bad moodlets from those. They should at least make NPCs that clean that stuff off public areas.
  • simszodsimszod Posts: 1 New Member
    For me it definitely is the inability to change climates for each world. In previous Seasons you could change the 4 seasons of the world. Allowing 4 winters or 4 springs, summers, falls.... would be nice if you could change those around. As in some parts of the world they may get snowfall all year or hot typical weather.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Snow Depth, Lack of Calendar Icons, Lack of Traditions, and you can't choose what day your sim's birthday falls on... it should be the day if you're bringing in a Sim from CAS the day you created them in Game, and moved them in should be their birthday.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    I don’t like how Sims never change out of their hot/cold clothing when they go indoors.

Just this.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,827 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    Snow Depth, Lack of Calendar Icons, Lack of Traditions, and you can't choose what day your sim's birthday falls on... it should be the day if you're bringing in a Sim from CAS the day you created them in Game, and moved them in should be their birthday.

It's the day they are set to age up, that makes sense. I've set my aging in mccc so that birthdays are always on the same day each year
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    I don't like how the bee hive will jump the que. For instance, I tell my vampire to water a tree outside and afterwards to bond with the bees. What happens is she'll go inside the greenhouse to bond with the bees, get stung then go outside to stand in front of the tree unable to water it because of being stung and being outside during the day time.
  • mikamakimonmikamakimon Posts: 470 Member
    I wish the bunny and father winter only appeared during the holidays they're associated with. The bunny follows my sims everywhere they go and father winter keeps calling my female sim. They were fun to have around during the holidays, but they are constantly around, I think of be sick of them long before the holidays come around again. I'm considering deleting father winter, but not sure if a new one will generate for the next holiday? The bunny doesn't appear on my manage households at all, so not sure what to do about him.
    I wish the bunny and father winter only appeared during the holidays they're associated with. The bunny follows my sims everywhere they go and father winter keeps calling my female sim. They were fun to have around during the holidays, but they are constantly around, I think of be sick of them long before the holidays come around again. I'm considering deleting father winter, but not sure if a new one will generate for the next holiday? The bunny doesn't appear on my manage households at all, so not sure what to do about him.

What bunny?! I go through entire spring and no bunny!
    25up6pu.jpg
    The change to Sims lifespans too. I don't like my twins not having the same birthdays!!!
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Not counting obvious things like bugs and glitches, I've got 2 big ones.

1. I don't like how toddlers didn't get any normal everyday wear. They got raincoats, snow coats, and holiday outfits, but nothing for normal everyday wear.

2. I also don't like how the scouting system is exactly the same for both ages and both genders. Boy and girl scouts don't do the same things, nor do teen and child scouts do the same things. Scouting activities are supposed to be based around the age and gender of their members. I wish they had different activities and also more than only 9 badges to earn.
  • birdonawirebirdonawire Posts: 400 Member

BariSaxy wrote: »
    Yeah... For a Seasons iteration where they really put a lot more detail into plants changing through the seasons than previous iterations, this is a rather glaring oddity.

First of all I don't understand why we don't have trees that blossom during the Spring and turn to leaves coming into the Summer, but it's been that way in every iteration of The Sims. That has never been implemented.

In The Sims 3 Seasons, the cherry blossom trees awkwardly stayed blooming through summer like the corresponding trees do in The Sims 4 Seasons, but they at least 'changed' with the rest of the trees in the autumn, so there weren't a bunch of blooming trees out in the autumn. It's glaring enough that they stay blooming into the Summer. To have them blooming into the autumn? It's too much, way too much.

My thoughts exactly!

Also, it bothers me that the sims have to do laundry about twice as often now, because they throw clothes in the hamper every time they change into/out of their cold weather/hot weather outfits. Even when they just have to take out the trash, they put clothes in the hamper twice!
  • HalalloverHalallover Posts: 124 Member
    No Futuristic sleeping pods....I love making Alien sims and having futuristic homes...
    2dihvli.png
    I'm disappointed in scouting too (bug aside - they always leave late). There's no aspiration or whims or anything related to it. Same tasks for kids and teens... bah. And no new scout-only activities either (selling cookies or popcorn would have been nice)... just the same stuff that's been in the game forever (and volunteering doesn't even count for the good deed badge! what?). Can teens even have a job AND be a scout? Just seems like yet another missed opportunity.

That being said, in a lot of countries it's just scouts for boys and girls, and even in the US now girls can join BSA (formerly boy scouts)... even then, they do similar things between cub/boy scouts and girl scouts really.
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    All the bugs that were caused by it... also, the lack of ability to view forecasts in other worlds without visiting them beforehand. But mostly the bugs... especially the ones that still haven't been fixed.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    edited July 2018
    the one minor thing that bugged me is 2 of my sims got engaged on love day. which i thought was very romantic but because i didn't complete the love day goals my game treated it like it was nothing so my sims got depressed. like i said its a tiny complaint.
  • SnowWolf58SnowWolf58 Posts: 382 Member
    The usual lack of realistic details that is the Sims 4...

1. Lack of Customization for each Neighborhood's Weather -- If we want longer Winters, Summers or whatever in individual 'hoods, then we should be able to set this up. Each season should be customizable in duration and for each neighborhood.

2. Lack of Snow Depth -- Come on EA... our Sims world should not be FLAT!

3. Lackluster Snowball Fights -- THIS is supposed to be FUN... what were the programmers thinking? Our sims should be chasing each other around, pelting one another w/big snowballs and laughing hysterically!

4. Stinking Piles of Autumn Leaves -- Really? This is neither fun nor realistic but instead an unwanted mess.

5. Sims Not Changing In/Out of Winter/Summer clothes -- How difficult is it to tweak the Sims 4 A.I.???

6. Sims Non-Reactions to Weather -- My sims go out in the snow and rain and act like it's no different than a sunny day.

There is more but why bother? It's the Sims 4... FAIL as usual.
    Ryzen 1700X • 16GB • RX 580

INFJ -A/-T
  • jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    Cold outfits indoors. I hope this was not intended and will be fixed.

And it rains just a little bit too much when it's not winter.