Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Error in 1.44.77 Tdesc Version History ?

ScumbumboScumbumbo Posts: 148 Member
edited March 5 in Nominated Threads
@SimGuruModSquad - The latest Tdesc files were throwing an exception in my Tdesc Browser which I needed to resolve whenever the Interaction class was browsed. In Interaction.tdesc there are two items in the rename history which both indicate a new_muid of 917EA0F99E2E532E (the pie menu "key" tuning). The first (line 99171) points to an old_muid of 1718F539A92F1C7C while the second (line 99909) points to an old_muid of 6C89C799F0E098A6. I've patched around the exception itself, however, it brings up a few questions.

Where is the muid 6C89C799F0E098A6? Presumably an unreleased internal version of the Tdescs? At least, it does not appear anywhere in my Tdesc archives. The first old/new_muid combination points to a valid muid in the previous released version of Tdescs (1.39.74, pie_menu_icon), so I am simply throwing away the second rename from the version history as it seems invalid.

Should it even be possible for a rename to a new_muid to occur twice? If so, then I'd like to code in my browser to do the best case scenario for any future duplicate new_muid rename history combinations.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• SimGuruModSquadSimGuruModSquad Posts: 597 Member
    Hi @Scumbumbo ,

You are correct, the tuning using the id 6C89C799F0E098A6 was never released externally so that is why you have not seen any references to it before.

It is valid for the same id to appear in new_muid multiple times. This happens if that part of the schema when through multiple iterations in such a way that results in multiple rename operations.

We do try to minimize this kind of churn with muids, which is probably why this is a rare situation. There is one other occurrence of this, in RouteEvent.tdesc ID 97C58BA1C1D706FA.

Hope that helps,
    SGMS
  • ScumbumboScumbumbo Posts: 148 Member
    Thanks for that info, good to know how and why it can happen. Most people ignore the old_muid lookback feature in the Tdesc browser anyway, so not suprising it never came up until it threw an actual .Net exception. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top