Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Babies Babies Babies Sims 4 babies

I love the sims 4 but i dont love the babies that was one of my favourite parts of the game in sims 3 and now you cant even see if you baby is upset or s hungry or need attention it just like having a pet you cant select it to see whats wrong you have to just keep trying stuff till it works and there stuck constantly in the bassinet and its lame

wouldn't it be amazing if the sims team made an expansion or game pack for babies with different activities to do with your little one
like scans for your pregnant sim, check ups at your doctor or call out from the midwife to check on the babies if that was easier to make happen, prams so you could take your babies with you, the option to take them out of their bassinets and put them were ever like you could in sims 3, some new items like clothes for your baby and furniture like cribs and prams change tables baby rockers also a new interactive career like daycare with babies involved too

Comments

• BelongtoLCMSBelongtoLCMS Posts: 125 Member
    The babies in sims 4 are not all that bad. If you want more interaction, age them to a toddler right away. Personally I prefer the babies and hate the toddlers from the game with a passion. But then, I went from playing the first The Sims to playing Sims 4.

You can get mods for new skins to make the babies look different. A mod that lets you put the baby anywhere without it being in the bassinet is also available if that is your jam. I know some hate that the haby is literally an object in build mode (you can get it in buy debug), but I find it relaxing. As for guessing the needs of the baby, read the skill book or browse the parenting forum to gain skill before baby because at a certain level you can click the "what's wrong" interaction and not have to guess.
  • Dellimaccas123Dellimaccas123 Posts: 94 Member
    yea if you have really high parenting skill you can see what they want i have the mods and its still lame iv played all the sims and the family iterations are bests in the sims 3 i dont know why they changed it you could do so much more now they just annoy me cause they just lay their doing nothing all the time and screaming as before you could take them places and had other objects like baby swings and stuff to actually do with them same with toddlers u has strollers an swings and could teach them to walk and talk now u cant teach them to walk it does it automatically really un realistic before they would crawl around like actual toddlers would
  • BelongtoLCMSBelongtoLCMS Posts: 125 Member
    I did not play Sims 2, because my first game still worked great until 2015. So my perspective of the game is from wanting a relaxing style of gameplay. Btw, I researched between sims 3 and sims 4 before my purchase. The things people love about sims 3 are reasons why I refused to purchase it. It is only 3 days, so there is really no point to give more interactions to an object. To do what you want, the devs would need to recode it to be a lifestage in CAS.They gave the more difficult gameplay with introducing toddlers. I skip that stage, as I bought sims 4 because it did not initially have toddlers.
    fair enough i play with the longest life span u can so my sims live for ages and babies stay babies for about 7 days maybe 10 not sure i haven't actually counted but its a while but you cant change them individually on sims 4 you have to change it as one whole life span not for each generation so i have to put up with it if i want them to live for a while and i like to pay them from babies to death most the time
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,544 Member
    I do three things with the babies. Wait for them to cry then feed, cuddle, change diaper. That's all it takes to keep them happy until the next crying bout.

Never have I known such boring sim babies.

They need a cross between sims 2 and sims 3 babies - lots of activities with them, but definitely no burritos. I would like to walk with them, bathe them, push them in a pram, take them out of the darn house for heavens sake. Be able to put them on a play mat on the floor or in a bouncy chair. Change their outfits, have bits of hair for them. Cuddle them on the sofa while watching tv.

#FreeTheBabies
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited July 2018
    Yup! I want all of that good stuff, too, @Dellimaccas123 ! :blush:

I’m so glad that they are even considering this. :smile:

I loved the Sims 2 babies the best, though I also loved the Sims carrying the babies around and caring for them as well in Sims 3. There is just so much love and warmth with the babies.

I hate Sims 4 babies. Ugly, boring, pointless objects, ugh.

I want lively babies and the warm and cute interactions and carrying around interactions back!

I want sims to carry the babies, bathe the babies, play more with the babies, take the babies around the house, put them on the floor on blankets, put them in baby swings, etc.

#Freethebabies ! :smiley:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • SimChessackSimChessack Posts: 182 Member
    > @elanorbreton said:
    > I do three things with the babies. Wait for them to cry then feed, cuddle, change diaper. That's all it takes to keep them happy until the next crying bout.
    >
    > Never have I known such boring sim babies.
    >
    > They need a cross between sims 2 and sims 3 babies - lots of activities with them, but definitely no burritos. I would like to walk with them, bathe them, push them in a pram, take them out of the darn house for heavens sake. Be able to put them on a play mat on the floor or in a bouncy chair. Change their outfits, have bits of hair for them. Cuddle them on the sofa while watching tv.
    >

I agree with all of these things. Babies are boring and annoying. And way too easy to deal with. They cry, do the 3 interactions you just said, ignore for 12 hours, lather, rinse, repeat. Nothing interesting about them. As others have observed, they're basically a piece of equipment like a TV that has a few interactions (watch, channel serf, turn on/off) and requires occasional maintenance (repair/upgrade). Babies should be more interesting and have more things you can do with them than a *television.*
    @comicsforlife

i dont use twitter so that is really cool they actually have considered it hopefully they make some changes cause its fair annoying for me it take a lot of the fun out of that stage of the game. i mean the bassinets arnt even nice
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    @comicsforlife

i dont use twitter so that is really cool they actually have considered it hopefully they make some changes cause its fair annoying for me it take a lot of the fun out of that stage of the game. i mean the bassinets arnt even nice

I agree
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    I mean... The babies in Sims 4 are a mess but you can't check your baby's needs IRL either. I don't really care whether or not I can see the needs in Sims because I kinda already know what they want. :'D
    iv done everything i can in my game to make better babies like all the mods i can get i have done but it is still pretty lame iv got cots, change tables nursery chairs but none are interactive so pretty much there objects that you cant use they just look cool i have the clothes mod for my babies they look ok but still cant play with design and that alot of fun too at the moment babies just annoy me and that sad cause i loved the family side of my game but they have kind of let it go to do other thing and thats cool i like the other game play too some of it is amazing but they could fix the little things in the game that really made sims special
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited July 2018
    At times, TS4 tries to be so different from the other games. It would be really cool if it was the game that finally made infants more realistic and fun to play.

I would love to see the same kind of improvement to infants that TS4 was able to accomplish with the toddlers. As a player who turns aging off until I'm ready to move the game forward, I would love infants that could:

- Gain simple skills -- lift their heads, turn over, scooch on their bellies in the crib or on the floor, kick up in excitement when someone that they know enters the room.

- Be stationed at different objects -- changing table, floor mat, sofa, infant seat, bouncy chair, swing, or in the middle of a double bed. That way, babies would never be left unattended on the floor. When they're not being held or carried, the baby would have to be "parked" on a suitable object. In TS3, I had cc objects that allowed my Sims to rest infants on sofas and in floor baskets. They were always in the middle of the family action and it felt realistic and special.

- Interact with family members -- be handed from one Sim to another, tug at ear, gum at and try to snatch at fingers, play peek-a-boo, sit on and fall asleep in someone's lap, nap on the bed with a parent...

- Be dressed up in different outfits. It's so much fun dressing babies. They should also have accessories as well such as hair bows and stud earrings. (No judgment, please. It's a cultural thing. I was months old when my grandmother pierced my ears and I'm fine, I promise. :) )
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • SimmerNSSimmerNS Posts: 24 Member
    > @elanorbreton said:
    > I do three things with the babies. Wait for them to cry then feed, cuddle, change diaper. That's all it takes to keep them happy until the next crying bout.
    >
    > Never have I known such boring sim babies.
    >
    > They need a cross between sims 2 and sims 3 babies - lots of activities with them, but definitely no burritos. I would like to walk with them, bathe them, push them in a pram, take them out of the darn house for heavens sake. Be able to put them on a play mat on the floor or in a bouncy chair. Change their outfits, have bits of hair for them. Cuddle them on the sofa while watching tv.
    >
    > #FreeTheBabies

I can;t agree more. I think Parenthood should have a refresh and base game too. We need better sims 4 babies.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited February 2022
    I still think better babies are coming and I still think this is a big hint. Why would they have grandma dreaming at the end of the knifty knitting trailer of a baby playing with a dog? It's so random cause it doesn't exsist and clearly it's not a toddler. Knowing how bad some players want baby they could have left it out if it didn't mean anything. Otherwise it's just teasing lol
    xShNQse.jpeg
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    Something definitely needs to be done about babies, even semi free from the cot, like you can use a changing station, put the baby on a playmat, baby monitors and bottle maker even that would be better
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Still on Team #freethebabies here! I would love to move the babies onto playmats, swings, strollers, changing stations (in between moving around), etc, and for babies to be taken everywhere like the “burrito babies” (lol) in Sims 3.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • DuckyQueenDuckyQueen Posts: 342 Member
    I always make my sim babies age up almost immediately because they are absolutely pointless
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Me too.
  • akuheikomatsuakuheikomatsu Posts: 79 Member
    I’m definitely on the #freethebabies train. I get that not everyone wants more baby gameplay but that’s why there’s an option to immediately age up. I’d like to at least have the option to have more gameplay involving this life-stage, starting from pregnancy.

I understand that I may be biased as I’m a cis-female of childbearing age and I also have a background in pregnancy, childbirth and newborn care.

I would love to see the following when it comes to pregnancy and babies:

1. More interactions for pregnant persons/couples- singing/reading to belly, for example. Babies can hear sounds in utero and there are a lot of benefits including increased bonding, speech and language development and comfort/soothing. Ability to rub own belly as well— there’s a reason many pregnant women can’t keep their hands off their bellies! Communication, calming an active baby and even alleviating pregnancy related discomfort.

2. Check ups/ultrasounds using the Get to Work pack, with the ability to be able to keep a picture of the ultrasound.

3. Pregnancy single & couples poses for the Moschino pack so parents to be can have pregnancy photo shoots.

4. Designing a nursery with Dream Home Decorator with new nursery items. The options we have are very limited. I really want proper cribs and diaper changing stations.

5. Ability to create a birth plan— whether the pregnant Sim would like to birth at a hospital or at home, breast or bottle feed, etc. Maybe even having a midwife or a doula at home. Taking prenatal/birthing/parenting classes.

6. Baby showers and gender reveal parties to celebrate the birthing Sim!

7. Baby carriers, strollers, bouncers, baby monitors. The carriers would be cool so your Sim can multitask better while carrying their infant.

8. Rocking in chair with baby and being able to hold babies while talking to other Sims.

• ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    Yes! Free the babies from the crib! I would love crawling babies or prams and baby carriers. It would be nice if they had little toys you could give them in the crib to hold like rattles, teething toys, stuffed bears and bunnies. A play mat for them. Hold them in the rocking chair. I would like to knit some more baby things for them, maybe some baby hats.