Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

there is hope for babies in sims 4

Comments

• SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    I would pick babies first, elders second, and teens/ children 3rd....I would like to see children be able to Play games like tag, together, and family volleyball would be great. A few people here have some great baby ideas, strollers, changing tables, rocking chairs. It would be great to be able to put them on a blanket on the floor too. Canes for elders, old age homes and activities like bingo for them.
  • BrexoxoBrexoxo Posts: 228 Member
    edited June 2018
    These are some things l would want to see implemented in babies and toddlers:

Babies: Being able to take them places like in the Sims 3. Also, l always hated how the babies have teeth! Babies don't have teeth! Their teeth in the game are whiter and straighter than mine and l'm a full grown adult. That just seemed so unrealistic to me. As a baby, l should only be looking at gums.

Toddlers: I always thought it would be cute for toddlers to start out crawling then as they level up their movement skill, they begin to walk, then run.
  • kristenleighwhitekristenleighwhite Posts: 226 Member
    I think a lot of people chose teens because they are the most conventionally "fun" out of our options.
    I really think it is a good time between babies and elders NEEDING updates the most.

Babies: #freethebabies
    I would love to see a stroller, swing, changing table/ bath area. Would also like to see more cribs rather than just the bassinets. Heck, at this point I feel so desperate for a bassinet that isnt from base game or vampires.
    I actually think the interactions we have for babies are pretty good. I might be the minority, but I dont age up babies, because it is a great, and rather simple way to raise your parenting skill and relationship.

Elders:
    I would love more relaxing hobbies like knitting, golf, scrapbooking, etc. I would also like to see slow dancing return and an oldies station (if there isnt one).
    More age appropriate CAS. Look, if granny wants to rock that crop top I guess she can go for it, but it's not how my grandma dresses, and I want chunky sweaters, etc since elderly people tend to be colder.
    Socially- I really want grandparents to stop by and visit grandkids, or call and ask parents if grandkids can visit for the weekend (it could even be a rabbithole like the free vacation parents get in sims 3). I want them to show others pictures of grandkids. Maybe elders who didnt create a family, look back and feel like something is missing from their life or they feel fulfilled or whatever. Also, card games and bingo.

Teens:
    I feel like teens will automatically feel more complete when university comes. Though a prom would be great, and things like a first crush. IDK, teens are good for me now, though extras and tweaking are always welcome :)
  • ahoychristieahoychristie Posts: 88 Member
    TEAM #freethebabies !

Would love to see a stroller and proper cribs too! And with seasons I feel like it might be exciting timing it so you can have a fall baby/christmas baby etc. Who knows, they could implement due dates into your calendar? I like the idea of being able to put them on the floor under a playgym thing, or in a bouncer/baby swing! They could do a lot of things with it I think. They could also do something similar to how you can make gourmet food for your pets and could make your own baby food, especially out of harvestables! So you could give them something other than milk. Also grasping at straws here, but babyshowers would be so nice haha. If they had more things for babies, you could get proper gifts. Sometimes I feel the need to speed up my pregnancies. It would just make continuing legacies etc that much more real and important.

Elders would be so cool too. I never ever ever play elders. They could go to bingo! I love the slowdancing idea for elders too. And yeah, I agree @kristenleighwhite defs more age appropriate CAS. I feel like elders definitely need something though. Something to make me want to play them ever, because who really wants to be old? (I'm lowkey excited to play bingo though)
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    So_Money wrote: »
    I usually age up babies right away. Other than having them unshackled from the crib, I'm not sure what else they can do to make them more interesting tbh.

My preference would be a focus on elders for sure.

if anything it should be items to place them instead of always in the crib
    baby change
    bath
    bouncer
    stroller
    ect ect
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

edited June 2018
    looks like its going to be teens.

personally I think elders and babies need something as both have had nothing yet

anybody know if theirs a deadline?

• AlwaysTheSunAlwaysTheSun Posts: 388 Member
    edited June 2018
    Yeah, so we can except some changes in 4 years..
    There are many things that they could do with babies...
    Giving them a bath in a sink, some swings or toys that we got in The Sims 2 or even that cute interaction when one sim was holding a baby and another was talking to baby
  • pixiejuicepixiejuice Posts: 711 Member
    I wouldn't either, actually. Hm, actual baby clothes would be nice. And baby blankets now that there's Seasons. Babies should be kept warm even if we never gain the ability to take them outside.

OMG, this! I only just thought of our poor babies in their little short-sleeved onesies having to endure a cold winter half-naked. How are they not going to update the babies to at least have clothing, with seasons coming now? :o
  • ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member
    New activities for babies: burp, spit up, pass gas, crawl on floor, get fed, have diaper change, get bathed, get taken for walk in stroller
    New activities for elders: burp, spit up, pass gas, crawl on floor when cannot get up, get fed, have diaper change, get bathed, get taken for walk in wheel chair
  • Keks_MilchKeks_Milch Posts: 513 Member
    I dont care for the baby lifestage at all... I just age them up to toddler right away.
    Elders and teens need way more love, especially elders.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    play pens would be nice
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I don't know for me, for teens. All my ideas could be stretched for Adults, even children too, None of my ideas would be exclusive to to Teens.
    Active School, Sports, Soccer, Archery, and Sketching.

For babies,
    Ripping them from their bassinet would be refreshing.
    More Cradle variants.
    to build a nursery that doesn't look always so soft.

Elders, I don't know what I would want fixed about them.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
    edited June 2018
    Keks_Milch wrote: »
    I dont care for the baby lifestage at all... I just age them up to toddler right away.

if anything elders and newborns need more love, as both have had absolutely no packs dedicated to them!

teens will get content. they always do ;)

• PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I just want to be able to see the baby's needs. I know it's supposed to be "realistic" to not know what the baby needs or whatever but my God. It's so annoying.

Otherwise, I would have voted for teens had I seen his poll before now. Elders don't interest me that much and neither do babies.
  • BrexoxoBrexoxo Posts: 228 Member
    I just want to be able to see the baby's needs. I know it's supposed to be "realistic" to not know what the baby needs or whatever but my God. It's so annoying.

Otherwise, I would have voted for teens had I seen his poll before now. Elders don't interest me that much and neither do babies.

They implemented that with the parenting skill. Can't remember which level, but l know when you reach a certain level, you'll be able to see the baby's needs.
  • Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited June 2018
    First choice: Teens because I play with teens more than I play with elders. I miss Prom and after school activities.
    Second: definitely elders! They really don't have much unique to them at all. It would be nice if elders have more activities, social interactions and clothes/build and buy for an immersive life stage.

I'd be happy if I can change the colour of the baby's clothes and there are more swatches to the bassinets, as well as new styles of bassinets and toddler beds. Freeing babies from the bassinets would be awesome - sims can then carry them around, sit with them on their lap and place them on a baby blanket thing on the floor. Otherwise... Eh? Babies don't interest me much. I just want some more customization.
    marcel21 wrote: »
    Keks_Milch wrote: »

if anything elders and newborns need more love, as both have had absolutely no packs dedicated to them!

teens will get content. they always do ;)

I agree
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    I don't know for me, for teens. All my ideas could be stretched for Adults, even children too, None of my ideas would be exclusive to to Teens.
    Active School, Sports, Soccer, Archery, and Sketching.

For babies,
    Ripping them from their bassinet would be refreshing.
    More Cradle variants.
    to build a nursery that doesn't look always so soft.

Elders, I don't know what I would want fixed about them.

I like your ideas some new cribs would be nice
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    I would love Sims being able to do a lot of stuff they did in the past two games with the babies: they can carry the babies around, play gently with the babies, put the babies on the floor (on a blanket, like in a mod), put them in a baby swing (Sims 3), and holding the babies while sitting on a rocking chair.

You know, like you can with real life babies. :smile:

I’m all on team #freethebabies ! :grin:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member

I hope all 3 life stages get worked on. Especially babies. It would be cool of babies were not tied to the bassinet.
  • jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    Elders need it the most. Even if they improve babies (which they should) it's still the shortest life stage with the most limitations.
  • Jprp83Jprp83 Posts: 400 Member
    I hope this is not one of those situations where it's either one or the other.... I hope all of those life stages get improved eventually. If I were to choose the order they get improved that would be first teens, then elders and finally babies.
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    I hope that if they detach the infants from the crib, our sims will not be leabing them on the floor all the time!
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    I vote for all of the above. It will take a while for sure but I hope it will be worth it.

This. My vote is for "all of the above". However, if I'm forced to choose only one, because that's where we're being led right now, I have to choose babies. Babies are the only life state that is not a life state at all.

Things I would like to see:

- The ability to dress babies.
    - Babies with hair, eyes, and skin tones that reflect the parental DNA.
    - Babies that can be carried, rocked, sung to, breast fed while seated, and played with in an adult's lap.
    - Babies that eventually raise their heads, roll over and react to familiar faces.
    - Babies who are soothed by other people, or music and other babies who are soothed and entertained by the television. It's up to the parents to figure out which one.
    - Baby seats that can be set on the floor, on tables, or on washing machines/dryers (to help the baby to fall asleep).
    - Bouncy chairs.
    - Swings.
    - Interactions with all other life states, including pets.
    - Babies that actively reach out and latch onto the fingers of other Sims. Teething babies (about to age up) can bite!
    - Babies that coo to themselves, suck their entire fist, and investigate their own toes
    - Babies who react to mobiles and lamps that slowly strobe lights on the ceilings and walls
    - During labor, parents can put out the call for relatives and friends to attend. If it's a home birth, they show up at the house. If not, they come to the hospital with balloons and flowers. (Mad props to the devs if Sims who don't like each other get into a fight in the waiting room. :D )
    - Interactions for expectant parents to tell the grandparents the good (or bad) news.
    - Baby showers/gender reveals. The latter is a very trendy thing; EA seems to like that kind of stuff.
    - A fully kitted out nursery with crib, changing table (including a baby tub), mobiles, baby lamps, play mats, crib toys like they had in TS3. Diaper pails that parents actually use, not just for show. Bottle warmers.
    - Babies that need to be burped after meals or the parents will have a rough night
    - Babies with personality, some easy going, others nervous and fretful, others that are independent and don't care for too much coddling. Bump all that rocking, singing, and stuff. Those kids want to be put down and left alone so that they can sleep in peace!
    - Babies will never be left unattended on the floor. When someone puts the baby down, it must always be in an acceptable location: the baby seat, middle of the bed, crib, play mat, swing, bouncy chair, sofa, etc.
    - Interactions where children will be introduced to the baby, allowed to hold them, and help to feed and change them.
    - When the baby is on the floor, a gentle pet will come and lay down beside them. If they're in the crib, the pet can try to peer in at them.
    - Parents can raise a touchy baby who hates all kinds of noise and any disturbances. Or, they can raise a kid that is used to the bustle of family life and can basically sleep through WW III.

This is all just off the top of my head. There is so much that can be done with babies.

Not all of us play on the shortest life span. Those of us who enjoy extended life spans, or aging off, will be able to take advantage of all of the fun and surprises that come with a baby in the house and not just an object that looks like a baby. For those who don't care about any of this stuff, it can be business as usual -- age the baby up as soon as possible. They would never have to be subjected to any of it.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
    Cynna wrote: »
    I vote for all of the above. It will take a while for sure but I hope it will be worth it.

This. My vote is for "all of the above". However, if I'm forced to choose only one, because that's where we're being led right now, I have to choose babies. Babies are the only life state that is not a life state at all.

Things I would like to see:

- The ability to dress babies.
    - Babies with hair, eyes, and skin tones that reflect the parental DNA.
    - Babies that can be carried, rocked, sung to, breast fed while seated, and played with in an adult's lap.
    - Babies that eventually raise their heads, roll over and react to familiar faces.
    - Babies who are soothed by other people, or music and other babies who are soothed and entertained by the television. It's up to the parents to figure out which one.
    - Baby seats that can be set on the floor, on tables, or on washing machines/dryers (to help the baby to fall asleep).
    - Bouncy chairs.
    - Swings.
    - Interactions with all other life states, including pets.
    - Babies that actively reach out and latch onto the fingers of other Sims. Teething babies (about to age up) can bite!
    - Babies that coo to themselves, suck their entire fist, and investigate their own toes
    - Babies who react to mobiles and lamps that slowly strobe lights on the ceilings and walls
    - During labor, parents can put out the call for relatives and friends to attend. If it's a home birth, they show up at the house. If not, they come to the hospital with balloons and flowers. (Mad props to the devs if Sims who don't like each other get into a fight in the waiting room. :D )
    - Interactions for expectant parents to tell the grandparents the good (or bad) news.
    - Baby showers/gender reveals. The latter is a very trendy thing; EA seems to like that kind of stuff.
    - A fully kitted out nursery with crib, changing table (including a baby tub), mobiles, baby lamps, play mats, crib toys like they had in TS3. Diaper pails that parents actually use, not just for show. Bottle warmers.
    - Babies that need to be burped after meals or the parents will have a rough night
    - Babies with personality, some easy going, others nervous and fretful, others that are independent and don't care for too much coddling. Bump all that rocking, singing, and stuff. Those kids want to be put down and left alone so that they can sleep in peace!
    - Babies will never be left unattended on the floor. When someone puts the baby down, it must always be in an acceptable location: the baby seat, middle of the bed, crib, play mat, swing, bouncy chair, sofa, etc.
    - Interactions where children will be introduced to the baby, allowed to hold them, and help to feed and change them.
    - When the baby is on the floor, a gentle pet will come and lay down beside them. If they're in the crib, the pet can try to peer in at them.
    - Parents can raise a touchy baby who hates all kinds of noise and any disturbances. Or, they can raise a kid that is used to the bustle of family life and can basically sleep through WW III.

This is all just off the top of my head. There is so much that can be done with babies.

Not all of us play on the shortest life span. Those of us who enjoy extended life spans, or aging off, will be able to take advantage of all of the fun and surprises that come with a baby in the house and not just an object that looks like a baby. For those who don't care about any of this stuff, it can be business as usual -- age the baby up as soon as possible. They would never have to be subjected to any of it.

this would be wonderful @SimGuruGraham @SimGuruGrant @SimGuruNinja
    look at @cynna well thought out idea