Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How are your sims doing financially?

Comments

• MKSizzleMKSizzle Posts: 557 Member
    Wealthy
    Rhiannon58 wrote: »
    Seeing as I'm playing the Pinstar 10 generation challenge where you spend all but 1800S on a blank lot with one Sim, and my second gen is a child, they have around 13,000 I think. Each time they get around that much, I add to the house, which started as a blank wall with a toilet and shower on one side and bed on the other. I can only play a few hours on the weekends. Last weekend, the daughter got her own room finally and the outside of the house got painted. Oh and I added a fence around the garden after discovering zombies eat gardens. We're about to lose the dad who brings in around 6k a week with his job (he's a senior nearing the end of his lifespan). Mom has a nearly perfect garden which brings in a good amount of simolias each day. It will be a long while before the family is comfortable but they'll make it. :wink:

@Rhiannon58 I always loved the beginning of the legacy challenge. The huge plot of land, the one little wall separating the toilet from the other side of the yard "camp". I think the Sims 3 version is so much easier than the 2 version because at least when they need to eat or shower, they can just go to the park to eat for free and the gym to take a shower (or the pool). In the Sims 2, well, it was hard. I hate when the elder dies when they are the ones bringing in all the income! That just happened to me. Good luck with yours though! (And keep those pesky zombies away!)
    The Palmer Legacy -- Generation 1

It all started with Zack & Blair....

• SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited July 2018
    Comfortable
    My lucky sims get to take out loans (with use of mods) if they wish to purchase a lot beyond their means. I kind of regret doing so because they've been living this way since Gen: 2. All though, it has made bills harder and I like the added challenge. I've been thinking to take away all family fortune at some point.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
    Dirt Poor
    MKSizzle wrote: »
    @Rhiannon58 I always loved the beginning of the legacy challenge. The huge plot of land, the one little wall separating the toilet from the other side of the yard "camp". I think the Sims 3 version is so much easier than the 2 version because at least when they need to eat or shower, they can just go to the park to eat for free and the gym to take a shower (or the pool). In the Sims 2, well, it was hard. I hate when the elder dies when they are the ones bringing in all the income! That just happened to me. Good luck with yours though! (And keep those pesky zombies away!)

Second full moon and all they got to munch on was an aging apple tree (everything else was inside a fence). They finally took off I’m their cars at dawn. Kinda funny.

The legacy works for me as it gives me a focus. I’m an old TS2 player so without rotational play. I needed something to work towards.
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    Millionaires
    In my "game of the week" (I'm having trouble sticking to any one thing just lately), my sim is already a millionaire. I hadn't really played ITF at all, except to check it out one day right after I bought it, and had a hankering to go look at things. I've also been thinking about Sunlit Tides lately, where I haven't been in quite a while. Solution: I grabbed Pearl Yang, changed her up a bit, and took her straight to Oasis Landing. After not being able to do what I wanted (have a romance with Emit LOL), I settled for playing the lotto, and then grabbing another future sim guy for her. She has the philanthropist statue, 1.3 million in the bank, owns a bar, and has two nice residences in Sunlit Tides, as well as a few cars.

Since I really don't like playing rich sims, my guess is she'll acquire a few more things, and I'll move back to one of my other saves. Usually, when one of my sims families reaches close to the million mark, I become totally bored with them and start over with a sim or two in a tent on an empty lot, and then I'm happy.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    Comfortable
    I tend to give them extra money at the start because I don't I the patience to build from scratch and wait until they earn enough, but they close the gap anyway really quick and than I tend to reduce their funds. The financial system in game is kind of over-simple.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Wealthy
    My Crime Boss recently dropped out of the Millionaire zone due to rolled wishes throughout the household to own more venues. But it is not as though I cannot afford to buy him whatever he wants. Well, the Fountain of Youth might be a stretch, but he hasn't wanted that yet. And in a few weeks of investment property income it shouldn't be a problem - I just don't like to leave him strapped.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    edited July 2018
    Millionaires
    Emily4331 wrote: »
    @dorcsyful How do I make this glitch happen in real life? :lol:

Oh, I wish that glitch would work in real life. :D or even better... :D I want the family funds.

Transfer familyfunds Rothschilds to Chikamori $50,000,000,000 Thank you very much. :D

or just straight family funds Chikamori $500,000,000,000. Welcome to never having to worry about a darned thing ever again. :D
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • NabrilNabril Posts: 179 Member
    Wealthy
    I can't change my poll answer so I'm making a new post to update...

My Sims just became millionaires. They own several venues and make $235,000 each week plus book royalties. They also make a lot by crafting and gardening.
    sig.jpg
  • ChelsPlaySimsChelsPlaySims Posts: 94 Member
    Comfortable
    @ChelsPlaySims Firstly, I love your avatar.

Secondly, the game seems to consider 30k+ as "wealthy", but I'd personally classify it as comfortable. :smiley:

Ohhh I wasn't sure and thank you I love my avatar too :smile:
  • wendyyi1wendyyi1 Posts: 579 Member
    Wealthy
    Wealthy
    I'm on the second generation of a legacy. Generation 1 started dirt poor, but got to be comfortable.
    My gen 2 sim Pepper asked her boyfriend to move in and I found this overpriced monstrosity in his inventory. :s
    Move_In.jpg

So I sold it for $85K, bought him a hot pink La Matea for $41K and used the rest to build a huge greenhouse for Pepper's nectar plants. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    Dirt Poor
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    Comfortable
    I set up and play different scenarios in different games from no extra funds to enough for a mansion so my sim can be a landlord for many roommates.

In my current game I've "seeded" a blank world (Cape Garner Islands) with 24 young adults, giving them each enough money to move into the various houses - a few starter homes, many family homes and some mansions. I gave them all some skills, jobs and happiness points to get some rewards and friends with everyone else in town. The goal of this game is to have NRaas storyProgression develop family households over time that I can save and use in other blank world games. I'm also interested in seeing the genetics of the children.

The household I am playing started out with the bare bones of a family home with an undeveloped upper floor and basement worth about $45,000. She had around $2000 in cash before I sent her off to university to get some money (apply for extra funds), some painting skill and some happiness points. She left uni without a degree when she had enough money to buy the film studio back lot partnership which will give her $5000 a week no matter how much she makes from her self employment as a painter.

On day one or maybe two she went to a community lot to meet prospective boyfriends. While talking to one he asked her to move in with him so now they have a combined household in his 3 bedroom, 1 bath starter family home with over $50,000 in cash.
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    Comfortable
    I've only been playing this save for two-and-a-half sim-weeks (plus, um, five vacations) and my little family is quite comfortable. I never cheat my sims extra money, and this time, I took some away, since the couple started as separate households. I didn't want Nathan to bring §16,500, so I cheated him down to a §2,000 net worth before moving him in, to mimic the total of a starting couple.

Now, due to all the loot they've collected in tombs (mostly Paulina, as Nathan has only been around for the last two trips), they're now worth just over §130,000. A huge chunk of that is from ancient nectar found in the tombs. For anyone with WA, I highly recommend raiding the old nectar racks while in France. There's some great stuff underground, if you know where to look.
  • rawrmaegansmilerawrmaegansmile Posts: 240 Member
    Dirt Poor
    Dirt poor :(

My current household is my legacy family - they have about 4k in their account and are paying some pretty steep bills due to the loan they took out to build a nice little house.

The father is a gardener and pulls in about 1k a day from selling harvestables & he fishes on the side for extra cash. The mother is a Trauma Surgeon, and the teen has a part-time job - when the child ages to a teen, he'll get one too. Someone's gotta help pay those bills ;)

Hopefully that loan gets paid off soon enough for them to actually start accumulating some wealth!
    xoxo
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited July 2018
    Other
    Other because

A: My sim is dirt poor

B: Lives in a tent

C: But is comfortable

Sims do not judge,you can still get the wealthiest best looking sim bachelorette in town even though she been to your lot 10 times and all you had was a fire pit and a tent.Sims are nicer than real people and only judge you on your character :rage:

They will even move out their posh mansion to join you at your tent and happily marry you.Basically am looking for a girl in RL with sim qualities and values :D
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • BishybriBishybri Posts: 35 Member
    Dirt Poor
    My sims are usually very wealthy with household funds containing 900,000+ simoleons. However the current household I created in a new save is the complete opposite. I let my new Witch sim move onto a lot close to the elixir store in Moonlight Falls.I then bought her a broom and took all her money away just to see how long it would take to get her a functional house. She now has a small house, a job in alchemy, and one simoleon after 3 sims weeks. However, she does have a neurosurgeon boyfriend that I am looking to move in. His full time job will put them into the comfortable range.
  • ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    Comfortable
    Recently I have been repeatedly playing the Homeless Challenge because I'm bored of the whole fame and fortune promoting gameplay. Seriously, where's that Hungry Homeless Hobo pack? In general though I'd think the medium for my sims is Comfortable. Have couple of millionaires who got there naturally (no cheats) but I like to keep the amount of filthy rich sims rather low because I like a bit more challenge.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    Millionaires
    @ChelsPlaySims Firstly, I love your avatar.

Secondly, the game seems to consider 30k+ as "wealthy", but I'd personally classify it as comfortable. :smiley:

:D Up here in Canada, $30K is considered poverty -level in Vancouver. :D You need a base living income of $50K to be considered not impoverished. :D You can't buy anything in terms of housing at all unless you have almost $100K income/annum.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • EarcatEarcat Posts: 461 Member
    Millionaires
    All of my sims live in huge houses and have tons of money.
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    Wealthy
    MKSizzle wrote: »
    I think I am somewhere between Comfortable and wealthy.

^I was totally just going to say that too! :lol:

But yeah the current Sims I am playing are quite wealthy. :blush:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • EA_CianEA_Cian Posts: 1,359 EA Staff (retired)
    Let's keep it on-topic and respectful, please. I've removed some posts derailing the conversation.
    ~my hair color is frequently changing, so my Sim reflects that~

Have questions about necroposting? Check out our Necroposting thread.

Bugs/Issues should be posted on Answers HQ, learn more over on Update on The Sims 4 Help Center.
  • PhilippeAmourPhilippeAmour Posts: 7 New Member
    Wealthy
    depending on my save file i could be dirt poor or wealthy, i use cheats though, but in one save file my sim can hack, so she'll be fine if she keeps hacking maybe- laangrab and lothario.
  • 1need4kaffee1need4kaffee Posts: 486 Member
    Wealthy
    My current family of three is worth a little over $600,000 in assets and has about $50,000 in cash. I tend to start with one sim in a tent but they quickly accumulate more than enough wealth. It is hard to keep them poor when you play with extended life spans. Luna started life in a lost space colony but Earth re-discovered it in time for Luna to go to college. She was only a little older (but probably a lot stranger) than her peers. After college, she moved to Sunset Valley and married Connor Frio. Their son Luke just aged to child and she is pregnant with twins now (we hope) and eating lots of watermelon. I have a feeling Luke is going to get rebellious, cut off and kicked out when he graduates high school - because trust fund babies are boring. ;)
  • dothesmustledothesmustle Posts: 1,851 Member
    Millionaires
    Millionaires if you include properties, they were actual millionaires until they bought a home in the future that had two stupidly expensive, not to mention unneeded, cars in the basement. Generation one seemed to have some kind of tiberium magnet and ended up super wealthy buying homes and vehicles for 4 of 5 children. Two of the kids currently share a home with their partners and children which is my current save game, I am not really too sure where to go with it at the moment I tend to get bored when they are too wealthy.
    You can call me smustle or Lori if you prefer.
  • Diamonds_are_4everDiamonds_are_4ever Posts: 20 Member
    Wealthy
    ALL THE TENT RESIDENTS ARE THE REAL WINNERS!