Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 is my favorite....

13...Next

Comments

• TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    edited March 2018
    *nope. nevermind*
    Post edited by TheHarbinger_51 on
  • thatSimGirlthatSimGirl Posts: 1 New Member
    i keep waiting for the fun to begin.
    I do not like the no open world. I hate that we dont have cars. i dont like that the sims cant relax on bed. i hate how people just barge in your house & if door is locked the repair guy wont come repair stuff. oh and where the f*** are the restaurant and city pool?
    i am playing because this is the only sim game i have and right now i am enjoying new game.. but i am kind of finding it dull.
    I do like the clothes and hair styles and how they can have tattoos like in one of the previous sims games. i cant remember which. i think it was sims 2.
    i am new to sims 4. i will keep playing tho.
  • ShiroAraiShiroArai Posts: 40 Member
    The only thing I wish we had in The Sims 4 is this: Create-A-Style. Of course I merely just find the clothing items I like the most from the game, expansions and stuff packs and recolor them myself so I have a little more variety. Same for the hair styles. (Rainbow streaks anyone?) Since getting my new pc I've not done any new recolor work, but I've been debating on uploading a sim family I made that has hair I recolored myself on it, I've just not gotten around to doing so just yet.

All in all, I adore TS4 and I don't understand why there are so many people out there who hate on it still. I will admit, before I was convinced to try it out, I had seen people complaining about the lack of toddlers, pools and other things that were eventually added as free updates, so I'll happily wait for more things that the other games had, like cars, like the moderately patient and not so easily annoyed simmer I am.
  • NotSoLuckyNotSoLucky Posts: 4,682 Member
    It took me awhile to warm up to the sims 4, but now I play it on the regular... about 5 times to week (6 hours) at a time. I still play the sims 3 though. The open world is probably what I like the most about all the sims generations. I hope sims 5 has it reintroduced. That being said though, the sims 4 half-open world isn't too bad and overall, I would say the sims 4 is a 4 star game.
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    I took me the longest to buy sims 4. I’ve been playing basically since the beginning and I let the bad reviews scare me off. I waited for a sale and bought it and haven’t regretted it since. I enjoy the sims 4, just like I enjoyed each of the other volumes in the series at the time I was playing. I’ve played sims 4 the least but that’s because I had a lot more availability to play with the other volumes. Sims 4 came out when I was in college and I was barely playing the sims 3 at the time. Wasn’t due to lack of enjoyment but more to time and lack of.
    I didn’t play 4 for over a year after I bought a laptop I was told couldn’t handle it but I installed it and it seems to do okay. I’m sure people play with worse computers than mine. I have a few packs but not all of them since my laptop can probably not handle it all.
    But I’m back to playing again with a few packs I enjoy and I do love a lot about it. The build mode is the easiest to use once you figure it out. I’m having an easier time building than ever. The CAS is incredible. The fact you can visit any world is a super plus for me. I hated that you couldn’t do that in sims 3. It made it hard to use certain worlds. I wish I could play more but I’m getting a break in work coming up in a week so I’m sure I’ll play then.
    I am like many others here though I like each volume I play at the time I am playing. I still like each version for different reasons even though I only play the current one. I would play 3 again if I could though but I have hard time getting past the slowness and the lag. I played it on a good laptop for it too. So I stick with 4 right now with the small amount of extra content I’ve bought. I’d buy it all if I could :(.
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    Lately I've been into building. I was looking for a new modern type house for my criminal, just couldn't find what I wanted and asked myself why I was doing this. Just build one. So now I'm into this project which will take about a week. For me it's about the stories I can create. I don't play it as gameplay. That's the most fun for me, now the building as well.
  • KuroridaKurorida Posts: 385 Member
    Well, in my case, The Sims 4 is my favorite because, even thought I played all the other games, I played it in PS2/PS3 and it makes the whole difference. One of those diffrences, e.g is you can't install mods when it's PS game. And, let's be honest, the mods basically change the game, from customize to interactions and so much more. And when I started playing TS4 on PC and found out about the endless mods, I remember that I thought "I just reborn as a simmer" because yeah, it was like a new world to me. So TS4 isn't only my favorite because of the mods, it also opened my eyes for a new TS world that was totally unknown to me and I'm glad.
    a41pgk.jpg
    English isn't my main language so forgive any mistake I make
    m e a n w h i l e
    Addicted To This Drug
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Melpomena wrote: »
    Well @kaywilliams That makes two of us, and I bet there are plenty of others out there ! :) Sure the game is not perfect, I'm still having fun.

Three of us. I'm thoroughly enjoying this game. And I've no issue with the loading screens as I'm from the ZX Spectrum gaming generation.
  • PhilippeAmourPhilippeAmour Posts: 7 New Member
    i must say, the sims 4 is my favorite too, its got funny descriptions/moodlettes, a nice art style, and a really good build mode and CAS!
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    This probably sounds corny, but each Sims game I've played has been my favorite. Sims 1 on PC and console were my favorites while I was playing them, Sims 2, Pets, and Sims Bustin Out on console were my favorites, Sims 3 on PC was my favorite, and now Sims 4 is my favorite. :D Each iteration has its pros and cons, and I couldn't say whether I like one more than the other, because they all have great aspects to them. I just love Sims. :#

Not corny at all! I have loved each version of the game as I was playing them, but then when a new version comes out the older version starts to look a bit dated. So I always move on to the next and love that too.

I guess I probably had the most fun at the time with Sims 2, but when 3 came along it had so many awesome features that it brought me a lot of new fun and joy. It took me a long time to get into Sims 4, I have to admit, as it was pretty poor when it first came out with so many things missing (I mean, they ditched an entire life stage!) but now I enjoy it a lot.

As for complaints, there has always been unhappiness over certain things with each version. I think it may have been bigger, louder and longer for the Sims 4 because these days technology has moved on so much and players have come to expect a lot of things that a) were in previous games and b) we think should be able to be provided with all this updated tech
  • MissCharlieMissCharlie Posts: 405 Member
  • YBNS2468YBNS2468 Posts: 240 Member
    I played this game since The Sims 1 came out and personally i neve complained about The sims 4! Insted i feel like thats my favorite version of the game at this point!!! The only sims game i never really liked was the 3rd...it felt like a different game to me... Maybe because maxis was'nt involved...
  • HalalloverHalallover Posts: 124 Member
    I held off on even TRYING the sims 4 due to reading all of the bad reviews and complaints of players....and now that I have the game I can honestly say I LOVE the sims 4! The art style looks really neat and the expansions I really cannot complain about. I think it all lands on preference, and I'm glad I actually tried the game instead of skipping it. I was just going to stick to my sims 3!
    2dihvli.png
  • petitekiyomipetitekiyomi Posts: 1 New Member
    Thanks a lot for sharing.

The Sims is one of my favorite games. And I bought a cheap sims 4 seasons origin key at scdkey.com.

But when I started playing this game, I encountered some bugs.

In the game, my house can't be loaded, just return to the screen of the management world. What should I do? How to fix this problem?
  • Scorpina2009Scorpina2009 Posts: 1,547 Member
    I also love playing TS4.

I love something from all of them. If I could take the unique things/interactions/etc that I love form each game and put them all together in one game; that would be incredible.

One of my favorite things about 4 is the gallery. I don't have to exit the game and sign onto the sims website to find sims and lots.
    that rocks !! but there is not a lot of room to add lots in the worlds.

favorite things about TS2: more goofy occurrences and interactions and behavior; having the ability to place several lots even the 64 x 64 lots in an open or blank world OR to edit a premade world/neighborhood. Also, I felt like I was constantly being surprised by a sims actions or behaviors. To me, it was easier to create a world in Sims 2.

In TS3...I fell in love with the open world but I never get the hang of CAW. I loved seeing the sims go to work or school. It was easier to place lots in premade worlds, I did a lot of editing and enjoyed it. there was better career choices too.

Each game from the very beginning from TS1 - TS4 will always have a place in my heart. :)
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    I completely agree with you. It's my favorite iteration after TS2. You're not alone