Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Good enough computer?

PinkPaws66PinkPaws66 Posts: 755 Member
My computer might be dead. ☹

Will this one work? I should be able to upgrade to Windows 10 easily.

Dell Latitude E6420 Notebook Laptop Business PC (Intel Core i7-2760QM, 4GB Ram, 320GB HDD, WebCAM, HDMI, WIFI, DVD-RW) Win 7 Pro With Re Installtion Disc (Certified Refurbished)
Post edited by PinkPaws66 on

Comments

• Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited July 2018
    The processor is outdated, integrated graphics chip, only 4GB of ram (you need 8 for other task), and the hard drive is small. Laptops like this being so old and refurbished are a big risk. When buying a laptop to play games, it's very important to meet requirements. You're stuck with what you buy.

Sorry about your previous computer. Do you have an idea of what you can spend? Where are you located? This topic would be better suited in the tech section.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Thank you. I am in the Inland Empire in CA, I can only spend around $270. This computer is pretty close to what I have, if I'm not mistaken. Not ultra, but it ran everything. I'll go ahead and start a tech thread. ☺
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    My computer might be dead. ☹

Will this one work? I have only about $250 to spend. Looking for one on Amazon or maybe Newberg? There are a lot with an i5 - but I liked my i7.

HP Flyer Red 15.6 Inch Flagship Laptop (Intel Pentium Quad-Core N3540 Processor up to 2.66GHz, 4GB RAM, 500GB Hard Drive, DVD Drive, HD Webcam, Windows 10 Home) (Certified Refurbished)

Here is another one:

Dell Latitude E6420 Notebook High Performance Business Laptop PC - Intel Core i7-2760QM, 8GB Ram, 320GB HDD, WebCAM, HDMI, Wireless WIFI, Windows 10 Professional (Certified Refurbished)
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    These computers don't meet requirements. I would also suggest not buying anything refurbished. Especially laptop . Laptops are throw away computers when their hardware no longer runs and they no longer sell replacement hardware, They sell different kinds of i5 and i7 . Some are designed for gaming and some for light computer tasks. This game requires an i5 gaming quad core on desktop. Your video card , amount of ram and hard drive space also count, not just the processor. Computers that meet requirements to run this game run $700 and up . You will not find a computer in the $250 range to run this game. I suggest saving and someone here can help you find a computer that meets requirements.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    I am on disability. My 12 year-old HP Pavilion laptop ran it just fine!

Around $300 is going to be the very most I can spend.

I can't go several months without a computer. Lol.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited July 2018
    It would be irresponsible for anyone here to recommend a computer under requirements. There's nothing within that budget to properly meet requirements for this game.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    SimplyJen wrote: »
    It would be irresponsible for anyone here to recommend a computer under requirements. There's nothing within that budget to properly meet requirements for this game.

Agree! I cannot and wouldn't recommend anything within that budget.
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide