Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims throwing up constantly?

LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
Has this happened to anyone before? The oddest thing had happened in my game while one of my Sims was attending the spice festival. Noticed one of my own pre-made sims at the Spice festival in his athletic clothes (think he was playing basket ball). Thought it was amusing, since he was getting cold til I noticed he started throwing up.
wvaPjSB.png
CONSTANTLY. For almost two sim hours.
J0Sga6N.png
CHANGE YOUR CLOTHES.
B00pWIG.png
He kept doing it so much he couldn't change into his warmer clothing til I had my sim go to do an interaction (since the shift click reset doesn't work).
THEN another sim I noticed started doing the same.
DeTQ0A3.png

What kind of epidemic is this? He's a glutton and I believe the other sim was as well judging by how she was eating though she only threw up twice. Dunno if this was from eating at the spice festival or what. Haven't noticed before if Sims did that at the festival here or not.

{EA_Lanna: edited to remove language}
5vJrxmT.png
Post edited by EA_Lanna on

Comments

• Options
    thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 697 Member
    edited July 2018
    I've seen quite a few Sims throwing up for no reason that I can't trace back to a trait, food, sickness, pregnancy, etc. and they weren't experiencing any weather effects, so I don't think that's what caused it. Pretty sure I first noticed it after the most recent patch. I think it's a bug.
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I've seen quite a few Sims throwing up for no reason that I can't trace back to a trait, food, sickness, pregnancy, etc. and they weren't experiencing any weather effects, so I don't think that's what caused it. Pretty sure I first noticed it after the most recent patch. I think it's a bug.

What hasn't been reported as a bug lately?
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    I don't think this is a Season bug but rather from the patches. My sims have been sick, the pets have been sick non stop since the last two patches.
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    are you using mods or cc
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    are you using mods or cc

I do, though been looking through stuff and noticed some people have the same problem at festivals. Though I haven't downloaded any recent mods and they're up to date I did remove everything except mcc and they still throw up. :#
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    try and repair your game with no mods
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    skelebeeskelebee Posts: 101 Member
    I had a neighbor from the welcome wagon immediately run over to my bushes and puke in them, for seemingly no reason, shortly after starting a new game. I'm playing a rags-to-riches type scenario, so that bush is my Sim's only bathroom, and the neighbor just stunk it up.
  • Options
    Jordyn78988Jordyn78988 Posts: 421 Member
    edited July 2018
    I haven't had any experience with this bug, but just wanted to share some info. Instead of using the shift-click: "reset object" cheat, since it doesn't work, you can use the resetsim cheat. This does work. For example, if I want to reset a sim named John Smith, I would open the cheat console, and type in resetsim John Smith (this doesn't work with pets unless they have a last name) Hope this helps someone! :)
  • Options
    SimGuruIcarusSimGuruIcarus Posts: 20 SimGuru (retired)
    Hi @LadyKyn !

Would you be willing to share your save files with us?

If so, instructions are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Also, feel free to create an AHQ post so other people can hit the me too button.

We will investigate this nasty bug at our side :)

Thank you all!