Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Notice Everyone no Snow in Oasis Springs. (closed)

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    Considering we cannot adjust the seasons or cancel them altogether, its good to have an arid climate with weather to match. What if we don't want snow and dry weather instead?
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    edited July 2018
    Considering we cannot adjust the seasons or cancel them altogether, its good to have an arid climate with weather to match. What if we don't want snow and dry weather instead?

That’s why it would be really nice if weather decisions were player determined. Those who want a world with no snow could have it. Those who think oasis springs would look gorgeous covered in a layer of white could have it, too. Win-win!

I like it when players can play their own way. Really good for story telling as well.

I want to add that I think the pack is beautiful as it is -- this ability would have just been the icing on an already wonderful cake.
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    They could have added the option to customize which seasons and settings for weather for each world. What they set it as now could have been the default.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited July 2018
    The weather machine when fully upgraded lets you set the climate in every world except Oasis Springs, because they locked the climate to be mostly hot and here are some pictures of a desert that can be both.

Desert in Winter
    https://www.google.com/search?q=pictures+grand+junction+colorado+in+the+winter&sa=X&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&ved=0ahUKEwiFgJz7oZPcAhUPZawKHeYIAMAQsAQINw&biw=1440&bih=783

Desert in Summer

https://www.google.com/search?q=pictures+of+grand+junction+colorado+in+the+summer&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjupODMopPcAhVEbK0KHafzBMEQsAQIKA&biw=1440&bih=783

Edit: None of theese pictures show my personal information and was taken from the google photo album of the location in question, I can't believe a place like this exists in the world it is so beatiful in Western Colorado we have every climate in the United States in one place for a few weeks out of the year. Most poeple that visit this place wants to move here.

This is considered a Desert because average rain fall is less than 2 inches a month average snowfall is a inch or 2 in the valley every now and than.

Temperatures can range from 100*F to 20*F and when we get inversions temperatures can go into the single digits.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Sid1701D9 wrote: »
    The weather machine when fully upgraded lets you set the climate in every world except Oasis Springs, because they locked the climate to be mostly hot and here are some pictures of a desert that can be both.

Desert in Winter
    https://www.google.com/search?q=pictures+grand+junction+colorado+in+the+winter&sa=X&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&ved=0ahUKEwiFgJz7oZPcAhUPZawKHeYIAMAQsAQINw&biw=1440&bih=783

Desert in Summer

https://www.google.com/search?q=pictures+of+grand+junction+colorado+in+the+summer&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjupODMopPcAhVEbK0KHafzBMEQsAQIKA&biw=1440&bih=783

Edit: None of theese pictures show my personal information and was taken from the google photo album of the location in question, I can't believe a place like this exists in the world it is so beatiful in Western Colorado we have every climate in the United States in one place for a few weeks out of the year. Most poeple that visit this place wants to move here.

This is considered a Desert because average rain fall is less than 2 inches a month average snowfall is a inch or 2 in the valley every now and than.

Temperatures can range from 100*F to 20*F and when we get inversions temperatures can go into the single digits.
    Since when is the sims based on real life its a desert world it doesn't get snow not every world is the same in the weather.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Every Desert in the World gets snow at 1 point in its life.

Last Winter the Sahara Desert got snow, so munch for basing deserts as just hot.

• Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    So we upgraded from complaining about lack of snow depth to having any kind of layer of snow in deserts or not? I personally don't like OS so I couldn't bother to care if snow stuck to the ground or not.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    KatzMeowzKatzMeowz Posts: 894 Member
    Its the desert do you really expect snow?

Yes. I live in the desert too and we usually get one or two decent snowfalls a year and a dusting several more times. Not every desert area is Death Valley.

• Options
    edited July 2018
    KatzMeowz wrote: »

Yes. I live in the desert too and we usually get one or two decent snowfalls a year and a dusting several more times. Not every desert area is Death Valley.

Death Valley is the hottest in the Summer and the coldest in the winter, it gets a light dusting of snow and the warmer days melt the snow into a the soil where it freezes under the rocks allowing the high speed wind going through there to send 10 ton boulders flying a crossed the frozen less than 1 inch pond.

Edit: Note to figure out why the area known as race track lake bed the University students put a camera on one of the rocks to see what caused them to move, they only moved in the winter after light rain and snow flurries dusted the ground it melted the next day and froze again at night. The winds came and the builders took off.

• Options
    EyeofShaktiEyeofShakti Posts: 304 Member
    I haven't play yet in Oasis Springs but good to know. I usually play forgotten hollow and San Myshuno...
    25up6pu.jpg
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Some regions in the world only get two seasons, dry and rain.
    The whole point of worlds renovation was so not all of them were copy/paste of each other.

It's not tragic if one (1) of the worlds has no snow in winter.
  • Options
    EyeofShaktiEyeofShakti Posts: 304 Member
    happyopi wrote: »
    Some regions in the world only get two seasons, dry and rain.
    The whole point of worlds renovation was so not all of them were copy/paste of each other.

It's not tragic if one (1) of the worlds has no snow in winter.

I like it actually. Makes world unique from others.
    25up6pu.jpg
  • Options
    ReksohReksoh Posts: 303 Member
    edited July 2018
    Yes, it is because its demo graphing all desert locations as hot, but not cold, and that is not a realistic at all because all deserts that get hot can also get cold too.

it's realistic, just not in a way that you like (which is fine). But that doesnt make it unrealistic. It didnt snow in Baghdad for over 100 years, just as an example.
  • Options
    JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    edited July 2018
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    Yes, it actually does snow in the desert once in awhile, if it is an upper desert....Joshua tree’s look beautiful covered in snow! And the desert I live in was much colder in the winter than the green agricultural town I live in now.
    KatzMeowz wrote: »

And there are plenty of desert towns that don't get any snow. If you look at the terrain around Oasis Springs, it appears to be low desert...not high desert. More importantly, this is a fictional desert town and clearly intended to represent a general hot weather, desert town. It's not really realistic to expect them to make it representative of every desert town around the world.
    They make too many decisions for us in this game version instead of leaving the choice for us.

What they should have done is have a tick box option for each world, so that we can set which weather we want in those worlds. Yes, this is supposed to be a game where we rule and I am not seeing that on a lot of occasions.

Personally, I am not bothered about seeing snow in the desert, but we should all have the choice.
    Idontrcall wrote: »
    I'm one of those who thinks the player should be able to decide what worlds get what measures of weather. I understand OP's frustration completely...however -- I do also understand why EA did it this way.

I just disagree with it. Each individual player should decide what type(s) of weather happen in which world.

At a certain point, there has to be a reasonable cut-off. They can't just spend an unlimited amount of time and funds making every single thing about the game customizable...and every player will have their own opinions about what else should be customizable. People tend to conflate what "should" be done with what "could" be done.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    They said that all worlds have unique climates and that they all look good in all 4 seasons except Oasis Springs which means if they want to go ice skating or build snowpals they have to leave their current world, that to me just says rip off and they ran out of money to finish Oasis Springs and sold a half baked product it gives more creditability to though naysayers that think the Sims 4 is a joke and want to just go to the sims 5.

Edit: I forgot to add that is fine if the default for desert should be hot and rain, but when you can't change it with the weather machine than that is telling me I can't play the way I want, and that just makes me mad.

• Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    While EA should have given the option to make its snow there, remember that its not as simple as making a tick box then boom snow happens. They have to incorporate and build snow in each and every neighborhood, every asset that are unique on that place, and terrain on Oasis Springs. They probably didn't do it since its not all are gonna do it. Remember when they abandoned doing hidden worlds because none used them, or how they tried to use base game skills in City Living festivals because none use them? Pretty sure its the same here. They won't probably make and waste a huge amoung of rescources in one world of only like 10% are going to do it.
  • Options
    EA_MageEA_Mage Posts: 1,354 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello all,

I have removed several comments from this thread as they were derailing and baiting.

Please try to keep it on topic going forward.

Thanks,
    Mage
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    @EA_Mage Most understood what I was saying, but now I am ending this because my point has got blown out of propotion by EA thanks.

Edit: Discusion closed.

Please fix weather machine for snow to stick in Oasis. Thanks.

• Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member

Desert in Winter

Desert in Summer

Colorado is a high desert, however. Our vegetation is very different from the low deserts, and Oasis Springs is definitely a low desert, judging from the vegetation. It looks more like Arizona.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    Invisablegirl I have closed this thread because ea removing my post about blah statement makes my point make no sense.

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top