Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you get a werewolf to forsake their power?

I only found one thread on this issue, and there was no real answer as to how to do it. I have a human female sim and a male werewolf sim, and I had the female ask the male to forsake his powers. He nodded in agreement, but he didn't change right at that moment. Does it take awhile for it to take effect? Or, do I have to have the female sim ask him while he is a werewolf? :?:

Jen

Comments

• floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    edited June 2014
    Did you try having the werewolf drink the Potent Cure Elixir? I've never had anyone ask a werewolf to forsake his powers, so I don't know if that's all you have to do, but I would recommend trying it.
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • hallucinoJEN2000hallucinoJEN2000 Posts: 51 Member
    edited June 2014
    I had his mom throw the cure at him, so he is now a human. Under "romance," the option "Ask to forsake werewolf powers" will appear. My sim seemed receptive to the idea by nodding his head. I wasn't sure if that option made the sim give up his supernatural power or not:?:
  • M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,718 Member
    edited June 2014
    Is the Werewolf a playable Sim? After asking him to forsake his powers, he should get an opportunity to lose them. If he was not playable when asking, it might be possible he hasn't the opportunity and thus, can't get cured.
    Banner.png
    edited June 2014
    Yes, he is a playable sim. Where does the option appear for him to forsake his power? I tried clicking on him and there weren't any options to forsake his powers.

I did get rid of his werewolf powers by having his mom throw a cure potion at him.

Jen
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    edited June 2014
    If he's human there should not be any powers to forsake. The Potent Cure Elixir is required to turn an occult sim to human. If the mother just threw the regular cure elixir at him, he's still a werewolf.

In my experience you need to have another sim ask the occult sim to forsake their power. I think the option is under romantic but I'm not sure. This usually brings up an opportunity, so check his opportunities tab. I think I've done this once with a werewolf but it's been a while. Maybe he had to go to another lot to transform back to human. Bookstore, spa? I don't remember. This was in Bridgeport. Go into map view and check for any star map tags.
    edited June 2014
    He was a werewolf and his wife asked him to forsake his power, but I didn't see any options for him to become human. I was just wondering if it was possible to forsake his werewolf power without the use of a potion. I will have to try again using a different sim. Hopefully, there will be some clue as to how to tell the werewolf sim to forsake his power.

Anyway, it's a moot point, because I had his mother create the potent cure potion and throw it at him. He turned back into a human.
  • FurziepigFurziepig Posts: 1 New Member
    After a sim is asked to forsake their powers they need to go to the spa and select the option to give up their powers.
  • EA_CianEA_Cian Posts: 1,359 EA Staff (retired)
    Just a quick reminder on necroposting:

Necropost. Reviving, updating or bumping old, outdated and irrelevant threads is not helpful for our community. It's best to check when the thread was created before you hit post, just to make sure it's not 2 years old.
    ~my hair color is frequently changing, so my Sim reflects that~

Have questions about necroposting? Check out our Necroposting thread.

Bugs/Issues should be posted on Answers HQ, learn more over on Update on The Sims 4 Help Center.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top