Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Forum Loads Slowly Unless Logged In?

CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
I noticed this week the site loads really slowly unless I log in. Wonder why that is? Instead of being able to just click once on a category or thread etc. now have to double click or triple click etc. to get a page to load. I searched for loading issues on the site but nothing came up. It was too slow to actually load any answers. And when it did search only returned answers about the game loading slowly.

But if I log in and keep my cookies then it's faster. But this didn't used to be the case when just surfing through the site. So, is it maintenance, or some ad buried somewhere or what that is making the site very slow (and must click several times) to load a page etc.?
"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

Comments

• SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    edited July 2018
    I still have problems like this with Internet Explorer 11 in Windows 10. I finally gave in and now use Edge and now have no problems with EA -at least. Windows updates also made things slow whilst downloading.The cookies thing seems like they don't trust you somehow without them so maybe the problem is your end or their end server overload or attacks.

You could try turning off any addons like adblockers and update Java etc........

I added EA to my list of trusted sites.
    If all else fails I turn off my modem/router and laptop, leave it for a bit and try again.

I always do a bit of Google or Bing checking online to see if anyone else has the same problem as well. It probably isn't EA's fault but your OS or search engine. (my experience anyway).

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited July 2018
    It's pretty bad, lately. I saw another thread where someone barely mentioned this problem but under a different subject. When I click on anything it spins then just goes back to doing nothing. That's why I have to keep clicking an clicking to make something load. Refresh doesn't help this past week. I tried Edge but didn't like it, either.

I think the site should continue to support IE 11 until at least MS stops supporting it and Windows 7. 2020.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    edited July 2018
    @Cinebar I signed off and signed on again to check loading times and got a pause and "redirected" message. Don't know what that is about but maybe a change in website or server problem. I always check with http://downdetector.com/status/ea and find lots of other gamers moaning about them.

I used to use a Favorite url to get to the main Forum page but that seems to have changed so I have saved the new one to Favs. and hope that gets me straight in.

I wish you luck.
  • EA_MageEA_Mage Posts: 1,354 EA Staff (retired)
    @Simburian and @Cinebar If you both use IE11 I do recommend switching to another browser. IE11 is no longer supported for majority of EA sites.

If you do see issues with loading times with different browsers as well, please let me know.

Thanks,
    Mage
    edited July 2018
    @EA_Mage I gave up on Internet Explorer months ago because I think I did read about this somewhere. Edge is not bad and much improved lately when you get used to it and import your Favorites. It's just the Favorites showing on the right hand side that always annoys me!

(PS: personal opinion only. I think M sabotaged it deliberately). :'(
  • EA_MageEA_Mage Posts: 1,354 EA Staff (retired)
    Yea finding just the right browser for you can can get quite complicated :)

I have all the major browsers installed, but I usually revert to Opera or Chrome for most of my browsing needs :wink:
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    @Cinebar More recently have you tried to download anything from the sims store? IE will also block you from downloading from the sims 3 store . IE will collect data even if you don't use it. Clear all your internet browser history if you are not using IE and for some reason can't get on an EA web.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    @phebebebe13, thanks for the info, yeah, I have a bunch of stuff from TS3 store (pages full) I would need to redownload when I play TS3 again. Sad to hear IIE11 won't work there anymore, either. I totally dislike Chrome and Edge.