Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Prom Question

Alright I have some questions. First off, they don't actually have to attend the prom, right? Will they get a negative moodlet if they don't? Also, I am not sure why or how, but I just had a prom happen on Thursday night and it just announced there is going to be another one on, I think, Tuesday? I wasn't expecting another one? Has this ever happened to you?
The Palmer Legacy -- Generation 1

It all started with Zack & Blair....

Comments

• SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    edited July 2018
    This is what the wiki page says:
    Every week, there's a chance that a prom will occur on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, or Sunday, as long as there is a teen in the household. After a prom occurs, there will be a two-week long cooldown until there will be a chance of another prom event. A notice will pop up on the screen to inform the players to prepare their teens for the prom.
    You can find more info here: http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Prom

No, they are not forced to attend. I don't always have my teens attend. I can't remember if they receive a negative moodlet for not going. (I want to say no?) Teens who are at home around 5 PM I think will auto-queue to go to prom in the limo that shows but you can exit out.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • MKSizzleMKSizzle Posts: 557 Member
    @SimplyJen Ok I get that, but the problem here is that they JUST had one. IT ways there that there's supposed to be a cooldown period for 2 weeks so I don't know why another one is popping up.

• sassygray5sassygray5 Posts: 545 Member
    edited July 2018
    I have never seen a negative moodlet from not attending Prom. Not sure why you'd be getting another one so quickly. I would probably just not go.
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    No, they don't have to attend the prom, and they won't get a negative moodlet. And yes, proms can sometimes come up close together, as it is totally random. With the NRaas Story Progression mod, you can set a specific number of minimum days before the game can start "rolling the dice" for another prom.
    @IreneSwift Interesting,....

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited July 2018
    (folds arms and taps foot impatiently) You are all totally incorrect. Attendance is mandatory, even if your sim isn't feeling well or has no desire to go, just as in real life. If you don't make them go to every prom that fires (and yes, the cooldown period can get confused at times), then horrible things will happen like...uhm...we might all come to your doorstep, point at you, and laugh. Or, if you don't let us in, we might just stand there and yell at your door for a while. >:)

Or something like that. :p

Seriously though, not sure if this is from the game or NRaas SP, but my active sims usually get one warning to "get ready" and two pushes to attend. If I dismiss those, my sims who are not attending are left alone. It's a tricky time to have a date, not related to the prom, because the inactive sim will get those pushes as well and that will disrupt things. Other activities or just having a quiet evening at home are a little easier to manage.

Even longtime SP mod users seem to have trouble finding the controls for proms and where they can be switched off entirely. On City Hall or an in-game computer,
    NRaas > SP > General Options > Options:Situations > Options:Grad/Prom/Curfew
    (SP Career add-on module required; that may seem like a strange requirement, but remember that high school is a "career" for teen sims)
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    Haha @igazor . I will try to adjust the prom stuff in SP. Thanks :)