Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

These laptops any good?

Cherryrose_xCherryrose_x Posts: 524 Member
https://www.very.co.uk/medion-erazer-p6681-intel-core-i5-8gb-ram-1tb-hard-drive-amp-128gb-ssd-156-inch-gaming-laptop-black-with-geforce-gtx-1050-4gb-graphics/1600196484.prd

https://www.very.co.uk/medion-erazer-p6677-intel-core-i5-8gb-ram-1tb-hard-drive-156in-gaming-laptop-geforce-gtx-940mxnbsp--black/1600196481.prd

I don't need a laptop really... (so the cheaper one would be nicer if it's good?) I have a very nice PC but I was feeling curious and maybe a little rebellious as my husband has a million consoles. I mean, why can't I have both? :D
Not sure how he would react if one turned up at the door!

Edit to add, I'm not a hard core gamer as such. I litearlly play Sims and stuff like My Time at Portia.
Gallery name: Anna-Banna

Comments

• GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    https://www.very.co.uk/medion-erazer-p6681-intel-core-i5-8gb-ram-1tb-hard-drive-amp-128gb-ssd-156-inch-gaming-laptop-black-with-geforce-gtx-1050-4gb-graphics/1600196484.prd

https://www.very.co.uk/medion-erazer-p6677-intel-core-i5-8gb-ram-1tb-hard-drive-156in-gaming-laptop-geforce-gtx-940mxnbsp--black/1600196481.prd

I don't need a laptop really... (so the cheaper one would be nicer if it's good?) I have a very nice PC but I was feeling curious and maybe a little rebellious as my husband has a million consoles. I mean, why can't I have both? :D
    Not sure how he would react if one turned up at the door!

Edit to add, I'm not a hard core gamer as such. I litearlly play Sims and stuff like My Time at Portia.

I generally stay away from dual core chips in computers being they are somewhat obsolete today and four cores and more are more efficient than dual cores, you may get some play but how much play I could not tell you. I would go with an desktop than an laptop especially looking at what you are looking at. If you wanted to upgrade the CPU in an laptop it may not be possible and tend to be throwaway jobs after an time whereas with an desktop you can upgrade with some restrictions of course but it is better at upgrades than the laptop. I would save money until you can afford an good laptop or desktop. There is an Simmer on here name is ChesterBigBird who can really help you on what you looking for. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Cherryrose_xCherryrose_x Posts: 524 Member
    @Goldmoldar I do already have a good pc. I was just curious about laptops. My husband works away a lot so I tend to move into the mother in laws for the week for childcare reasons. Obviously I can't take a desktop with me all the time.

So it wouldn't be my main gaming pc by a long shot. Just something I could play when he's away. Realistically I don't need one, which is why I was wondering whether the cheaper ones would suffice.
    It is good you gave more info why you are looking into getting an laptop, if you want to take your chances with one I would go with the one with the 1050 it is an newer card than the 940 MX and the first one while it has an 128 SSD which is small and good for the OS and nothing else. You can put the game on the HD, however, it is still an dual core and you might get some play out of it but how well it will play as packs are added on is anybody's guess. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Cherryrose_xCherryrose_x Posts: 524 Member
    Ok then. Thanks for the help. I'll have a look around. :)
    Ok then. Thanks for the help. I'll have a look around. :)

You welcome :)