Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eliza Through History

historynerdhistorynerd Posts: 209 Member
*Disclamer*
I did not come up with this idea. All credit goes to http://mlyssimblr.tumblr.com/ and their Constance Through History series (which can be found here http://mlyssimblr.tumblr.com/tagged/constance+through+history )

Here is a quick little background on my vampire.

Lady Elizabeth Crofts, called Eliza by all that knew her, was an upper class woman born in 1757 to a rich and influential father and equally rich mother. She was beautiful, charming, well mannered and was everyone's favourite lady at every ball. She married Lord Primrose in 1778 at the age of 19 and although it was an arranged marriage he loved her nonetheless. Unfortunately the same could not be said for her. She respected him, as a wife is expected to do but never could bring herself to love him. Other than that it was a happy and respectable marriage. In 1781 Lady Eliza gave birth to her first (and only) son. He was named Alexander after her father. Then in 1783 she gave birth to another child, this time a girl, named Martha. All was well for a few years. But then tragedy struck. It was announced on the 7th December 1790 that Lady Eliza had died during childbirth and that the child did not survive. All of British society was heartbroken at her sudden death. Everyone was so grief stricken that nobody cared to look closer into her death. If they had perhaps interrogated the doctor (who may or may not of been bribed a handsome sum of around £50,000) they might of found out that Lady Eliza had not been pregnant at the time and had been faking her pregnancy. If they had paid more attention they may have realised that "her" body was merely the body of a lookalike. But luckily for our dear Eliza they didn't. She had gotten away with faking her death. She could now start her new life as Eliza Baxter.

This is going to be a really fun series! I am really excited to start making more portraits. If you have any questions about Eliza feel free to ask. Also feel free to post your own vampire through history series (if you are doing it). I will put Eliza on the gallery when I have finished this series. Although this series will mostly be portraits of her through history I might make some scenes soon. Anyway here are the portraits!

wCDzKV8.jpg
"Lady Elizabeth" by Edward Hamilton c. 1775
rfGMLs9.jpg
"Lady Elizabeth On Her Wedding Day" by George Bloomer c. 1778
E1itiOG.jpg
"Lord Primrose and His Family" by George Bloomer c. 1785
(Alexander is on the left and Martha is in Eliza's arms)

I will be posting some of her early 1800s portraits next. Please comment some feedback and perhaps some of your own vampire through history pcitures! Also I may post a few more 1700s portraits in the future.
Official Victorian and Edwardian Nerd
P2Wn3TO.jpg
Post edited by historynerd on

Comments

• historynerdhistorynerd Posts: 209 Member
    edited May 2018
    After Eliza's "death" she moved to Gloucester and adopted the name Eliza Baxter. Her original plan was to stay out of public sight and stay hidden but Eliza knew this would not be a possible choice for her. Eliza thrived on attention and adored being out in society. So she thought of a compromise for herself. She may go out in society, go to balls and all that fun stuff but she may never associate herself with anyone or anything from London (where she previously lived). It was dangerous enough to be painted by popular artists and going to balls and parties in Gloucester but going to London or even talking to anyone who lives there would surely ruin her.

She very dearly missed her previous family and children but she knew that it was for the better. If she had stayed people would start to get very suspicious when she didn't age or die and they would surely think that she was some sort of witch and should be executed. So she stayed put, never left Gloucester and put a limit on how much she was allowed to go out. Luckily for her it worked and nobody suspected a thing.

In 1807, when she was "23", she started looking for a husband as she knew that if she ended up looking like a spinster she would receive more attention and gossip which may end up circulating all the way to London if she wasn't careful enough and she found one a few months later. He was a rather obnoxious and fat man called Francis Williams. Like with her last husband she did not love him. She could just barely tolerate him but with her options so very few she had to make do with what she got. They married in 1808 in a very small wedding. The only guests were Francis's mother and a few of his friends.

A few years later (1813 to be more specific) Eliza fell pregnant but unfortunately had a miscarriage. Although she was extremely distressed by the death of her unborn baby she, being the smart woman she is, saw a opportunity to make sure she would not suffer the pain of needing to leave her children or miscarrying again (at least in this marriage). She bribed a doctor to announce to her husband that she was infertile and would never be able to bear any children. After hearing this Francis instantly became very disinterested in Eliza as the only reason he married her was so that she could bear him a son. In 1814 he tried to get a annulment, claiming that they had never consummated the marriage, but since there was proof that they consummated the marriage (since Eliza was pregnant less than a year before) it was dismissed. Francis would later die from tuberculosis only a few months later.

His death would make Eliza's "death" much easier to fake. She was planning to fake her death when she was in her early "40s" but after someone said how good and young she still looks for 36 she decided it was time. It was announced on the 20th December 1821 that Elizabeth Baxter had died from the same disease that her husband had died of 7 years prior. Tuberculosis.

Oof- that took a while to write :D

Here are two of her portraits
    P6Zd0NG.jpg
    "Elizabeth Baxter" by unknown c. 1810
    knD3gbA.jpg
    "Mrs. Williams" by Anne Roseberry c. 1820
    I have not made the next portraits yet so my next post might be tomorrow or later than that. Please comment your feedback and your own vampire through the years!
    P2Wn3TO.jpg
  • naninani Posts: 5,563 Member
    Very cool !
    A french girl who's been hanging out on the english sims forum for a year now.

tumblr_nj0devVCY61s3y9slo1_500.gif

• TwilightSimmerTwilightSimmer Posts: 97 Member
    Can't wait to see what happens next!
    edited May 2018
    @TwilightSimmer I'll be posting the next part soon! I took quite a few screenshots for the next era (as the Victorian era is my favourite) but sadly I accidentally deleted a lot of them so I have to start again.
    Until then heres one of the screenshots I didn't delete
    DfpZNBl.jpg
    P2Wn3TO.jpg
  • LiaRose1435LiaRose1435 Posts: 720 Member
    This is awesome! I'm excited to see more Victorian era pictures!
    Am I too lost to be saved?
    Am I too lost?
  • CharmingMaruskaCharmingMaruska Posts: 1,051 Member
    Beautiful pictures and a wonderful idea for a story! I hope you'll continue with this :smile:
    @CharmingMaruska I will soon! I'm think of restarting it as the sims I make look quite different now (I've only just started using skin overlays).
    P2Wn3TO.jpg
  • CharmingMaruskaCharmingMaruska Posts: 1,051 Member
    @CharmingMaruska I will soon! I'm think of restarting it as the sims I make look quite different now (I've only just started using skin overlays).

Skin overlays can be a game changer, that's for sure! Which ones do you use?

And please, do let me know when you restart, I'd love to see the new pictures :smile:

P2Wn3TO.jpg