Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,088 Member
    Happy timezones, everyone!

I have a question: Are you guys still participating in your reading circles?

I'm still reading everything that the members of my circles write. Sometimes, we have conversations there. Puffclaws is pretty low-key and casual. The other one, like @AdamsEve1231 said, seems to be on hiatus, but I still read everything that members of it write.

I don't think the reading is evenly reciprocated--but that's OK! I'm in it for the reading, more than for the being-read.
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,088 Member
    NyteRose wrote: »
    Update- Chapter 13 "Two Halves of the Same Coin" is finished and published. I wasn't sure who to handle this chapter so it's shorter than usual. Enjoy.
    https://gothicscripts.wordpress.com/2018/07/07/two-halves-of-the-same-coin/

Awesome chapter. I thought the length was appropriate since so much happens in it! It's like a bit of rich bittersweet chocolate...
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    @CathyTea Thank you! Glad you enjoyed it. :)
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member

@LegacySims2017 I know you do and you are a big inspiration to keep me writing. You were one of the first to give me feedback and I really appreciated it! Plus I have fun designing Sims to submit to your work. It's made me think of some really interesting Sims.

200w.gif

blush-6.gif
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member

im in 3 i just post updates in 2 though the other i'm a semi active participant whos working on being more active. luckily that one is run by adamandeve who is active here and knows i've been through a lot this last year.

I'm very active in the one I run. Another one I'm in seems to be on hiatus. The last group I'm in I haven't been too active in, but it's still going. :#

i said i haven't been that active in the one you run. but you've been understanding because of my situation. now edit the legacy face.

I was talking about myself not you, @friendsfan367.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    edited July 2018
    Here's something apparently in the 1961 film Roger and Anita's last name is Radcliffe. One of Lucas' grandchildren via @CitizenErased14 name is Dillian Radcliffe. But he almost looks like a cartoon version of Daniel Radcliffe the Harry Potter Actor \\

Both have black hair &blue eyes
    UALMrmE.png

Apperently Dillian Raddcliffe going into the same house as Harry Potter's house with some CC
    6adMCGP.gif
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

im in 3 i just post updates in 2 though the other i'm a semi active participant whos working on being more active. luckily that one is run by adamandeve who is active here and knows i've been through a lot this last year.

I'm very active in the one I run. Another one I'm in seems to be on hiatus. The last group I'm in I haven't been too active in, but it's still going. :#

i said i haven't been that active in the one you run. but you've been understanding because of my situation. now edit the legacy face.

I was talking about myself not you, @friendsfan367.

sorry adamandeve. i love work once i'm there but before work i'm depressed because most people are around here on weekends and i'm not so so i misunderstood.

but you do have the one reading circle i'm actually active in. because like cathtea i'm in the other 2 that aren't as active. also yours is the only one where i'm official and cahtea is drop in. lol. when we first teamed up together i didn't feel like being in things she wasn't part of because i knew her the best.

@LegacySims2017 I know you do and you are a big inspiration to keep me writing. You were one of the first to give me feedback and I really appreciated it! Plus I have fun designing Sims to submit to your work. It's made me think of some really interesting Sims.

200w.gif

blush-6.gif

you didn't know you were loved. how could you not know that.

• LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member

200w.gif

blush-6.gif

you didn't know you were loved. how could you not know that.

tenor.gif?itemid=4440428
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
    CathyTea wrote: »

I'm still reading everything that the members of my circles write. Sometimes, we have conversations there. Puffclaws is pretty low-key and casual. The other one, like @AdamsEve1231 said, seems to be on hiatus, but I still read everything that members of it write.

I don't think the reading is evenly reciprocated--but that's OK! I'm in it for the reading, more than for the being-read.

i lost track of what story your using in the circles. your like the engizer bunny you can be hard to keep up with. i'm getting better at it i just don't know the story you use for the thread. :)
  • CharmingMaruskaCharmingMaruska Posts: 1,050 Member
    @MadameLee He does look like baby Harry Potter - all he needs now is a pair of cute glasses and he'll be a perfect look-a-like! :smile: Is he from your legacy?
    edited July 2018
    @MadameLee He does look like baby Harry Potter - all he needs now is a pair of cute glasses and he'll be a perfect look-a-like! :smile: Is he from your legacy?

@CharmingMaruska no he's from the Disney-Simself save. He's the only grandson of the Roger and Anita Raddcliffe sims He's also partly one of @CitizenErased14 's grandsons via Citzen's game daughter I created (most of the Disney/Simselfs are deceased.. the only 4 simself are around, Derbuelle, someone else, and @friendsfan367 and @simscognito

@CathyTea I GOT THE SPOILER SHIRT!!!!
    6adMCGP.gif
  • aroseinbloomaroseinbloom Posts: 3,456 Member
    Dropping by quick before work to leave this for you all!

Does Eddie keep his promise and come by to visit our founder again? (And why don't we know her name, yet??)

Sandalwood and Patchouli: Part 1

1.3.1.jpg
  • lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    Question - can Sims give birth at somebody else's place if there's a bassinet?
  • simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    Question - can Sims give birth at somebody else's place if there's a bassinet?

@lilypadmeulin I've never tried that before. I know in the sims 3 people could give birth at other places so I guess it's certainly possible.
  • NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    Question: How does one begin a story-based save? Start a fresh game, I know that much, but I mean how to do you translate the written story into the gameplay with scenes/scenarios/characters? I'm considering turning my story into a game, so any tips/tricks/advice is certainly appreciated! I have BG, Get Together, Cats & Dogs, Spa Day, Dine Out, Vampires, Romantic Garden SP, Movie Hangout SP, and Vintage Glamour SP. I'm not a builder, but I'm decent at remodeling/decorating. Thanks everyone :)
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
    Question: How does one begin a story-based save? Start a fresh game, I know that much, but I mean how to do you translate the written story into the gameplay with scenes/scenarios/characters? I'm considering turning my story into a game, so any tips/tricks/advice is certainly appreciated! I have BG, Get Together, Cats & Dogs, Spa Day, Dine Out, Vampires, Romantic Garden SP, Movie Hangout SP, and Vintage Glamour SP. I'm not a builder, but I'm decent at remodeling/decorating. Thanks everyone :)

it sounds dum. i spelled that wrong on purpose. but i follow my chracters. i don't always agree with them but i follow them. their wants become my wants. also i don't force it anymore i spent almost 50 hours waiting for adrien to tell me what he wanted and it was worth it because now hes happy. but their can be suprises i also sent 10 minutes yelling ayden get off her your married. that didn't work.

i think it was cathtea who posted in my comments recently sims have minds o their own.

but i'm more invested in the story this time because like i told a and e. thats adamand eve i started calling her aand e recently i have no kids so the benders kids are my kids.

oh the benders is story based because when i tried the rules ayden broke them all withen the first 10 days of being a heir.

i'm probably not much help . good luck.

I use poses from Lana CC site which sometimes gives me ideas for a storyline.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    I don't have any suggestions on turning story into a game. The only one I've done has been frustrating to screenshot and nothing turns out right even though i tried.
    edited July 2018
    Shadami wrote: »
    I don't have any suggestions on turning story into a game. The only one I've done has been frustrating to screenshot and nothing turns out right even though i tried.

if you can write so the reader can visualize the scence you don't need screenshots. just a thought. :)
    Oh it's not even originally a Sims lit. ^^ well I mean it sort of is... But it somehow hasn't even hit the point in game that I was playing the file. XD I wrote 50k words just inspired on like a week of in game time, that has nothing to do with the in game time.
    Shadami wrote: »
    Oh it's not even originally a Sims lit. ^^ well I mean it sort of is... But it somehow hasn't even hit the point in game that I was playing the file. XD I wrote 50k words just inspired on like a week of in game time, that has nothing to do with the in game time.

i just wrote 279
    Yay great job!!!
  • MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member
    Happy Timezones all! :blush:

Just dropping off another Ironbound update, and also chucking up a link to my casting call again. Please check it out and if you want, please feel free to submit a couple of sims... or a bowling alley! :D

Chapter 144: 00:04:14:93

No pics, due to the spoilery nature of them, so instead have a picture of...
    07-06-18_9-43-44c2a0pm.png
    Five fascinated bears! :D
    dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top