Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things You’ve Discovered In Seasons

Comments

• Options
    asap24asap24 Posts: 48 Member
    I was just painting from reference during a heat wave, and you can actually see the heat wave like you would on a hot day IRL. Impressive
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited July 2018
    klestrella wrote: »
    I mentioned some of these things on the “Things You Didn’t Know” thread, but I suppose it makes a bit more sense posting some of my discoveries here. Sorry if some have already been mentioned; I tried to read all the posts but I can’t keep up! :lol:

- If it’s cold outside, your sims may get a moodlet that says “warmed by kiss” if they kiss their partner.

- During two separate holidays, one of my sims received roses which were autonomously given to her by her boyfriend while he wasn’t in my control.

- Toddlers can receive gifts too! (Probably been mentioned, but I’m so happy they’re included!)

- The box of decorations bought in build mode can be sabotaged. I’m not sure whether or not it requires the mischief skill, but my teen (mischief level 6) sabotaged the decorations. The box at the top of the stack was left open, with a string of lights occasionally lighting up due to what looks like an electrical short. All the sims who were in the room at the time the teen sabotaged it would not interact with it; the option was greyed out with the phrase “something seems off” popping up when hovering over it. Interestingly enough, the only sim who could “investigate” the box was a sim who was not in the room to see the sim sabotaging it.

- Some sims get a flirty moodlet before Love Day, saying that they’re “prepping for romance”. I’m not sure what triggers it, but not all sims in my household had it.

- After eating a grand meal, a couple of my sims received a “food coma” moodlet. Couldn’t be more accurate. :lol:

I’m sure I’ll discover much more, but this is what I’ve found in the couple hours I did play. So far, I adore this EP and all the big and small details! :smile:

Warmed by Kiss Moodlet only happens when it's bad weather during cold weather in my case it was snowing. It doesn't come up in cold weather unless it's snowing. I tested and both partners get the moodlet.

Here is what it says

It's a Sign!
    (From a Warm Kiss)
    Nothing is more romantic than smooching amidst rough weather!

4 hours
  • Options
    antcamireantcamire Posts: 18 Member
    > @GamingTweety said:
    > Vampires don't get effected by cold!!! Yesss!!!

also vampires are perfectly fine to go out in daytime if the weather is cloudy.
  • Options
    rudolpharudolpha Posts: 998 Member
    Aha it must have been a hint then!
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Apparently the warm kiss moodlet can happen at weddings as well
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    @ParmaViolet87 no kidding, but it's almost normal for the Goth house I think :)
    Never plea forgiveness to an ungrateful gnome unless you liked shocked. :joy:

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Member
    edited August 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • Options
    DizzyDi34DizzyDi34 Posts: 449 Member
    Omg Father Winter just gifted my sim A life under the microscope when she asked for a present during the holiday, i was like`is that what i think it is?` i opened build buy as i was on a community lot and was shocked to see its the most expensive item under the hobbies tab other than the rockets, it can be bought for 1,600 simoleons and Santa just gifted it me for free!
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    DizzyDi34 wrote: »
    Omg Father Winter just gifted my sim A life under the microscope when she asked for a present during the holiday, i was like`is that what i think it is?` i opened build buy as i was on a community lot and was shocked to see its the most expensive item under the hobbies tab other than the rockets, it can be bought for 1,600 simoleons and Santa just gifted it me for free!

Father Winter gave my Sim a GeniusVision Wall Mount TV for Winterfest. A BIG TV! Worth about §3000 or something. Her husband got the Gaming Mat too! :open_mouth:
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Here`s something i dont know, why do the gnomes from the harvestfest holiday have a friendship bar if you can only interact with them once? if each holiday you could appease them again and it goes up more giving you a chance of getting a better seed packet eg,common, uncommon , rare etc i would understand, just seems strange, also the lot will soon be full of gnomes as you get 3 new ones each holiday that never go away, soon will be drowning in packets haha. NEW ITEM in buy menu Gnome shelf! place all the gnomes from the harvest fest and collect them all! (does`nt exist lol just a lil joke but just imagine)
  • Options
    I have 6 Gnomes already lol will be 9 next holiday as they never go away and i dont wanna kick them
  • Options
    JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,966 Member
    edited July 2018
    I built a house for the seasons and played it through the full year. I discovered many things. The grass in BB is a more typical vibrant green in spring and summer, that I need to do a final check around the yard for lightning damage in the yard before uploading to the gallery because the lightning destroyed a light post and plant pot before I could upload and to my absolute delight there are so many colour hues for the hostas, at least 3 different colour changes in Autumn.

j0Sde7r.png
    Qo7lMuP.png
    bVDXwYB.png
    fgZvSVk.png
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    I didn't know when you gave a funny gift it can have a different outcome. Was expecting the typical paper snakes to spring out of the box, but instead the gift pretty much exploded in his face.
    0JBceeb.png

Was such a surprise it scared me for a moment because I literally thought I might have killed this sim or he was gonna set on fire. :#
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    You know the fake sims they usually have in the background in certain places?

Well, they actually updated some of them of them to have seasonal clothing for appropriate weather. Here are some of them in San Mynshuno.
    HkTOKWJ.png

Haven't looked just yet to see if they have umbrellas out when it's raining or checked places like Bridelton Bay.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    I didn't know when you gave a funny gift it can have a different outcome. Was expecting the typical paper snakes to spring out of the box, but instead the gift pretty much exploded in his face.
    0JBceeb.png

Was such a surprise it scared me for a moment because I literally thought I might have killed this sim or he was gonna set on fire. :#

Sims can also give mean gifts. The mean gifts decrease the relationship but raise empathy. Sims who get the mean gift will have a pet poop in their inventory.
  • Options
    @EgonVM Yep, I'm aware already. Been giving different gifts to different sims. Didn't know there could be a different animation for the funny gift.. Reminded me of Jokey Smurf and those 'surprise' gifts. :p
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    So the christmas tree can combust into flames when you light it. :(
    CnZb3Hk.png
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    So the christmas tree can combust into flames when you light it. :(
    CnZb3Hk.png

Looks like someone sabotaged it! :open_mouth:
    giphy.gif
  • Options

You'd think! But nope, guess flammable tree's are back again from the Sims 2. They were just lighting the tree soon as they were done and BOOM flames. Only three seconds in. :# Worse Winterfest.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options

You'd think! But nope, guess flammable tree's are back again from the Sims 2. They were just lighting the tree soon as they were done and BOOM flames. Only three seconds in. :# Worse Winterfest.

LOL so faulty lights then? Oh man this makes it more interesting :lol:
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    It's a little thing but for birthdays you get a little change in interaction and wrapping paper for the gift.
    42589134994_dc49b6c447_b.jpg
    Before party.
    28437708917_8b022c47cd_b.jpg
    42589140374_6ce598d6f8_b.jpg
    And during, I think it's cute.....hmm I guess a lot of little touches I find cute but whatever.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    I'm happy they separated the gifts and it isn't just a ''Give Gift'' option. Very nicely done.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    I discovered that I need a mod for the thermostat. Anyone got one?
    Having your bills go up by 200% is not realistic.
    Mine went up from 12 500 to 38 500 for one week, using "cold" setting during a summer week.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    huandluhuandlu Posts: 109 Member
    edited July 2018
    Mine went up from 12 500 to 38 500 for one week, using "cold" setting during a summer week.

MC Command Centre has a setting where you can lower the total bill percentage (as in percentage of household funds), so it will increase when you have the thermostat on but you can set it to a much more realistic level ;)

Of course MC Command Centre also comes with many many more functions. Depends what you want in your game. In general I don’t like lots of mods so this is the one I stick to.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    huandlu wrote: »

MC Command Centre has a setting where you can lower the total bill percentage (as in percentage of household funds), so it will increase when you have the thermostat on but you can set it to a much more realistic level ;)

Of course MC Command Centre also comes with many many more functions. Depends what you want in your game. In general I don’t like lots of mods so this is the one I stick to.

Thing is I like the base amount. I would love a mod that caps increase by thermostat at 100% (double base bill). Seems fair to me.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek