Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• TheAemaSimmingTheAemaSimming Posts: 2,684 Member
    @Shadami I'm glad to have decided to introduce myself instead of just lurking. Everyone seems really nice. School, to us back then it was freedom but as a mother its a little bit of an unknown terror right? Also... bratty kids. :tongue: Bleh

@Bugsie2016 Jealous but also know the feeling. It's how I feel any time I buy something new Sims. I always get a little carried away.

@friendsfan367 Hello. No worries... today was the muggiest day. I am very lucky to live in a home with good A/C but had to go out for a playdate today... I felt like I nearly died on the way over.

@AdamsEve1231 I know, I know... Some of you I feel like I know really well, especially those who have been following LegacySims2017 over on his page but some I don't know and it just felt since this is a writers lounge I should introduce myself as a writer and I don't. know.. present a portfolio of why it's ok to be here...? Not that you all have any kind of strict guideline... I don't know.... :blush: It seemed the thing to do.

I really should read your Kass story since it inspired your SimWorld from what I can tell. Plus, even if no one else like them, I still like Sims3 Lit lol :)

• MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    edited July 2018
    @TheAemaSimming Welecome, sorry if I missed your introducing yourself.. . My own SimLit is on Blogger since I prefer that to Wordpress due to Wordpress' wanting you to clear photos after a certain limit unless you can pay for more.

I tried a couple of times to do SimLit but the only time I been successful is with The Swansons. Apperently a race/drama style writing is my thing.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    edited July 2018

@AdamsEve1231 I know, I know... Some of you I feel like I know really well, especially those who have been following LegacySims2017 over on his page but some I don't know and it just felt since this is a writers lounge I should introduce myself as a writer and I don't. know.. present a portfolio of why it's ok to be here...? Not that you all have any kind of strict guideline... I don't know.... :blush: It seemed the thing to do.

@TheAemaSimming Well, officially welcome. And this place is super casual as far as I know. Drop in when you can. Chat when you want to. Update us with your stories. Don't update. I don't think there are any hard or fast rules other than to be a good Simmer a.k.a. nice to the other Simmers. I'm sure @CathyTea or @friendsfan367 could tell you for sure if there are specific rules and if there are, they'd probably be on the first page of this thread.
    I really should read your Kass story since it inspired your SimWorld from what I can tell. Plus, even if no one else like them, I still like Sims3 Lit lol :)
    Aww... thanks. I'd love for you to read Kass' story. It did start and inspire my Simworld of Simterra. And I have an obsession with worldbuilding. It comes out a bit stronger in Kass' story than others. Plus all my worldbuilding pages are over on the KCLKF blog.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member

Happy to have you participate in my threads and even have submitted Sims in my SimLits.

Do know I still continue to follow your #BuildNewcrest SimLit even tho I have rarely commented. :)
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    July 7th is @kurdaneva 's birthday! Happy Birthday, Kurdaneva! Hope all is well with you! :)

kurdaneva.png
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member

@TheAemaSimming Well, officially welcome. And this place is super casual as far as I know. Drop in when you can. Chat when you want to. Update us with your stories. Don't update. I don't think there are any hard or fast rules other than to be a good Simmer a.k.a. nice to the other Simmers. I'm sure @CathyTea or @friendsfan367 could tell you for sure if there are specific rules and if there are, they'd probably be on the first page of this thread.

Yup, we do have guidelines on the first page, which are mostly just reminders to be kind, open-minded, and supportive! You know... typical stuff! :)

I'm always glad when people do provide a bit of an introduction, sharing what they write, what particular things they're working on, and any specific things they've got questions about.

It makes me feel like I know the person--and I tend to remember folks better when they've introduced themselves.

I keep thinking about having an official deLurking day! :)

Oh, also, @TheAemaSimming -- we're happy to link to your story on our first post, and you can also be part of the birthday registry, if you want, which means you get cards, maybe funny gifs, and birthday wishes! :)

If you're interested in both or either, just PM me or Sissy, @friendsfan367 ! :)

Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • TheAemaSimmingTheAemaSimming Posts: 2,684 Member
    @MadameLee no worries. I'm having a blast with the SimLit writing. Right now Blogger is definitely working for me, but I have a one story based blog and ideas for more stories so it's going to have to at least get an overhaul at some point.

@LegacySims2017 I know you do and you are a big inspiration to keep me writing. You were one of the first to give me feedback and I really appreciated it! Plus I have fun designing Sims to submit to your work. It's made me think of some really interesting Sims.

@kurdaneva Happy Birthday!!!!!! I'm new but I hope you have a great day!!!

@CathyTea I'll go send the info in PM now.

• MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member
    edited July 2018
    Happy Timezones all! :blush:

I hope everyone's day/weekend is going well? Just wanted to pop in and advertise my casting call again for a new story I'm working on.
    strike.jpg

If you want to submit a couple of sims or would like to build a Bowling Alley for one of the teams, head on over to the thread. Cheers! :)
    dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
  • ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    Shadami wrote: »
    No idea. I don't do tragedy writing well.

Oh gosh, I wish I could do that bugsie! I need the stuff packs still. About half of them

I only needed three stuff packs and it was my birthday last week so I got some EA Wallet Cards which I needed to spend anyway. :) My family know me too well it seems...
  • simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    July 7th is @kurdaneva 's birthday! Happy Birthday, Kurdaneva! Hope all is well with you! :)

kurdaneva.png

Happy birthday @kurdaneva . :)
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »

Oh gosh, I wish I could do that bugsie! I need the stuff packs still. About half of them

I only needed three stuff packs and it was my birthday last week so I got some EA Wallet Cards which I needed to spend anyway. :) My family know me too well it seems...

@Bugsie2016 oh wow that's great news! :smiley:
  • ShadyboopShadyboop Posts: 6,751 Member

kurdaneva.png

Habadu!
    I prefer Shade than Shady

kurdaneva.png

Happy Birthday

I only did it because I need an item from one of the packs for the next BL chapter. xD Literally spent £10 on production costs of that chapter so I'm hoping it turns out okay. xD
  • simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member

I only did it because I need an item from one of the packs for the next BL chapter. xD Literally spent £10 on production costs of that chapter so I'm hoping it turns out okay. xD

That's a pretty good reason to me. XD
    edited July 2018

That's a pretty good reason to me. XD

You happen to know what's in the chapter I'm talking about so you might be able to guess which item. ;)
  • CharmingMaruskaCharmingMaruska Posts: 1,051 Member
    Happy timezones, everyone!

I have a question: Are you guys still participating in your reading circles?
  • NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    edited July 2020
    Update- Chapter 13 "Two Halves of the Same Coin" is finished and published. I wasn't sure who to handle this chapter so it's shorter than usual. Enjoy.
    Post edited by NyteRose on
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow

Im still posting in Dark and Stormy but it's been a bit quiet discussion wise. I'll probably post a discussion question in there tonight. :)
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

im in 3 i just post updates in 2 though the other i'm a semi active participant whos working on being more active. luckily that one is run by adamandeve who is active here and knows i've been through a lot this last year.
    Happy happy birthday @kurdaneva. Hope you have a wonderful day! :)

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    edited July 2018

im in 3 i just post updates in 2 though the other i'm a semi active participant whos working on being more active. luckily that one is run by adamandeve who is active here and knows i've been through a lot this last year.

I'm very active in the one I run. Another one I'm in seems to be on hiatus. The last group I'm in I haven't been too active in, but it's still going. :#

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest

I'm very active in the one I run. Another one I'm in seems to be on hiatus. The last group I'm in I haven't been too active in, but it's still going. :#

i said i haven't been that active in the one you run. but you've been understanding because of my situation. now edit the legacy face.
    Happy happy birthday @kurdaneva. Hope you have a wonderful day! :)

happy birthday.
    rats i can't go to work in my night shirt. i'll be back.

i think jes or amanda started one then it never got off the ground. i know this because when cathtea is busy i help with all her other brainstorms. . she must be busy i'm watching exsisting not new threads.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top