Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Create-a-Career : Looking for beta-testers

Comments

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    makochan wrote: »
    Hi, in many custom careers there is no "take a day off" option. Can this option be added via Create-A-Career?

I think the way to do that in Create-A-Career is to make sure there's something in the "PTO per day" section, so that Sims earn days off.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • JacobC679JacobC679 Posts: 1 New Member
    Im having a problem where any of the Careers names and branches aren't showing their names but everything else like wages ect works but not the names.
  • makochanmakochan Posts: 2 New Member
    > @luthienrising said:
    > makochan wrote: »
    >
    > Hi, in many custom careers there is no "take a day off" option. Can this option be added via Create-A-Career?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I think the way to do that in Create-A-Career is to make sure there's something in the "PTO per day" section, so that Sims earn days off.

They earn their days off, but there is no option in the menu "take a day off - career". Maybe it's a mistake and only I don't have this option - I don't know. It's only "take a vacation". Can this be somehow fixed / modified?
  • alexandra5alexandra5 Posts: 234 Member
    makochan wrote: »
    > @luthienrising said:
    > makochan wrote: »
    >
    > Hi, in many custom careers there is no "take a day off" option. Can this option be added via Create-A-Career?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I think the way to do that in Create-A-Career is to make sure there's something in the "PTO per day" section, so that Sims earn days off.

They earn their days off, but there is no option in the menu "take a day off - career". Maybe it's a mistake and only I don't have this option - I don't know. It's only "take a vacation". Can this be somehow fixed / modified?

This happens to me with some careers, and sometimes it doesn't. I also get some other missing strings, usually the one that asks you if you are sure when you try to quit your job. But whenever i get these issues i use Sims 4 Studio to fix them manually.
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    @makochan
    Taking PTO is part of the tool already but it's the Python/script part that makes the interaction appear on the phone, and it's a bit more complicated to make so perhaps that's why it doesn't work for some careers.

@JacobC679
    Make sure you have filled the texts in the languages pages, you can access these by cliking on the language in the Text panel, just under the Track one in the Edit career page.
  • ElleSkellingtonElleSkellington Posts: 12 New Member
    Having an issue where Careers are not recognizing Holidays for days off. Career that gave the error was created/exported after it was updated for the seasons pre-patch.
    this is what MCC is giving: File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\careers\career_base.py", line 2784, in _apply_on_target
    KeyError: <CareerTimeOffReason.HOLIDAY = 7>
    edited July 2018
    Hi @Neia or anyone else who can help! Why would some of my custom careers be cheatable (eg. careers.add_career industrialist is working) but some aren't (eg. careers.add_career barista)? Do I need to have 10 levels in a career before it's cheatable? Or branches? The careers that aren't working are 5-level single-branch careers. The careers that are working for cheats are 10-level branched careers. EDIT: ... except my only-one-level career is cheatable. So I've got no clue. :(
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • shoosharoorooshoosharooroo Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi, I wanted to know if it was possible to add uniforms for my Sims in my custom career?
    @ElleSkellington
    Do you have a LastException file with more details perhaps ? I'll see if I can reproduce it in my game too.

@luthienrising
    From what I've seen, it's based on how the game is registering the career when loading the resources, so if the name is simple and not already used, it works. But if you have spaces in the career name for example, it gets more complicated. I think your Barista career probably doesn't work because there's already a teen career with the same name.

If the name isn't working, you can also use the ID of the career, which can be found in the Edit career page, just under the name. It's far harder to remember, but it always works !

@shoosharooroo
    No uniform at the moment
    Neia wrote: »

@luthienrising
    From what I've seen, it's based on how the game is registering the career when loading the resources, so if the name is simple and not already used, it works. But if you have spaces in the career name for example, it gets more complicated. I think your Barista career probably doesn't work because there's already a teen career with the same name.

If the name isn't working, you can also use the ID of the career, which can be found in the Edit career page, just under the name. It's far harder to remember, but it always works !

Perfect - thanks!
  • ChibiNoNakamaChibiNoNakama Posts: 3 New Member
    @neia33
    I created some career thanks to this tutorial, but I have a problem adding some fillers.
    The name and description of the girl does not position it in the right place. They should find this on the first icon and not the last one.
    would anyone have a solution? ( aya85 careers : Armee de terre)
  • FuryWingsYTFuryWingsYT Posts: 2 New Member
    I'll do it. How do I make an account for it?
  • Harlequin_EyesHarlequin_Eyes Posts: 5 New Member
    @Neia, I'm having a problem importing the file. When I try importing the file made with s4pe I get the following:

TypeError: source code string cannot contain null bytes

This is my first time ever using Python and I don't know squat about coding. I have gone through the process a dozen times now and I'm getting the same errors, I have re-exported from the career creator tool, saved the file Python with 3 different names, reinstalled everything...I am at a loss.
    edited July 2018
    @Harlequin_Eyes
    The files inside the package folder go into s4pe, the .py is for Python and you don't need s4pe for that. I tried to import your .py and it works fine. What are you trying to do exactly ? Are you following the steps in http://www.simneia.fr/help.html ?
    Post edited by Neia on
    > @Neia said:
    > @Harlequin_Eyes
    > The files inside the package folder go into s4pe, the .py is for Python and you don't need s4pe for that. I tried to import your .py and it works fine. What are you trying to do exactly ? Are you following the steps?
    In S4PE:
    File->New
    Resources->Import->From File
    I select all files in the package and import them
    Save As->[filename] .py
    Run Python via Command Prompt
    Try to import and receive that message

S4PE is not automatically saving the file as a .py but instead as another package file so I'm manually adding the extension (I change the filetype to All Files first so I'm not accidentally saving a ".py.package" file. If I leave it as a .package file and try to import it I'm getting the same issues. I am missing something between importing the files and saving them in S4PE.
  • jedipwncesjedipwnces Posts: 85 Member
    edited July 2018
    This is super fun... I've just created a Paranormal Investigator career with three tracks. I know it's *possible* to add chance cards, but I'm not interested in doing that right now. However, I would really like to add a uniform. Has anyone experimented with that? I assume there's something in all the files you download from the Create-a-Career tool that need to be modified, but I wouldn't even know where to start. A couple of Google searches later, and I'm still clueless.

Edit: I'd also love to be able to attach items to promotions... i.e. the Wormhole Generator for the Alien track, Vampire Lore book for the Vampire track, etc. So if anyone knows how that might work, I'm super interested!
    @Harlequin_Eyes
    Like I said, the .py is for Python and you don't need s4pe for that. S4PE is for making the package file.

You need to create two files : a .package and .ts4script. At http://www.simneia.fr/help.html, the steps for the .package are described under "Creating the .package" and the steps for the .ts4script are under "Creating the .ts4script"
    I am obviously missing something. I have followed the first half of the directions for creating the .package with no issues. The second part for creating the script, "Copy paste the .py inside your Python install directory" what .py? There was no .py created?

This has become far more trouble than it's worth so I'm done with trying. Thanks anyway.
    edited July 2018
    I am obviously missing something. I have followed the first half of the directions for creating the .package with no issues. The second part for creating the script, "Copy paste the .py inside your Python install directory" what .py? There was no .py created?

This has become far more trouble than it's worth so I'm done with trying. Thanks anyway.

The .py file is one of the files you'd be downloading with your career from Neia's site (make sure extensions are on so you can see which file this is). Copy that file into the Python install directory.
  • Joebob22078082207Joebob22078082207 Posts: 2 New Member
    So I'm testing this (IT'S AMAZING!!) but I have a question, how do you add photos I have looked everywhere and there is not an option...
  • Joebob22078082207Joebob22078082207 Posts: 2 New Member
    Forget what I said I found it!
  • PvtGuyPvtGuy Posts: 31 Member
    Okay, I apologize if this was already asked(this thread is crazy long and I may have missed it) but are the custom careers full-time as well as part-time? Is there an option somewhere I may have missed? Thanks!
  • animesawsome22animesawsome22 Posts: 4 New Member
    Is there a way to make it so you can work from home with your careers?
    Also is there a way to make a career cheat for your careers?
    edited August 2018
    Hi @Neia ! Just checking in to see if you're updating for today's patch. Careers are reported broken.

@PvtGuy you set your own hours for careers. I've made a career with as little as 1 hour a week.
    @animesawsome22 no, the career builder doesn't have work-from-home pay or tasks. It does create a cheat automatically using the main career name.
  • Bronwin2Bronwin2 Posts: 2,010 Member
    I just notice that a lot of careers are broken along with my own.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top