Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    Are we back on the talk of school now? :lol: Short Story: I got really confused the first time I read college with the meaning that most of you use. xD Means a different thing here.

Do you use college to mean high school or middle school? I use it to mean high school but I think I'm in the minority xD

Neither. xD Wouldn't fall into either of those...

So what does College mean to you Bugsie? :)

Hard to explain. Anyone who lives here knows what I mean without explaining it because it's just a thing. I'll say like a pre-uni thing for about 2-3 years so the equivalent of the last 2 years of highschool but you only have about 1 subject, which you pick, (some places offer more than one course at once). I'm taking something like 3 things in September... :)

Oh wait. I know what you mean. Mum attended one of those. Yeah. It's just in NZ some high schools are called colleges as well.

Yeah, fun stuff. :lol: Not sure what you learn in the last 2 years of high school but if it involves maths then I'm not interested...I'll stick with never having to take it again. Okay, so I'm weird. I was fine when I was in class for it but in the exams I blanked. I'm hoping I scraped a pass... :| I'll find out in about 6 weeks... :open_mouth:

Yeah, my school did IB and made you take maths. :( But the NZ system is NCEA which lets you drop it in the last two years.

Ending the discussion of Maths...right now. I don't need to think about it.. :# Off to go publish the WAWRMO chapter early..
  • BlackUndecimberBlackUndecimber Posts: 1,116 Member
    Are we back on the talk of school now? :lol: Short Story: I got really confused the first time I read college with the meaning that most of you use. xD Means a different thing here.

Do you use college to mean high school or middle school? I use it to mean high school but I think I'm in the minority xD

Hard to explain. Anyone who lives here knows what I mean without explaining it because it's just a thing. I'll say like a pre-uni thing for about 2-3 years so the equivalent of the last 2 years of highschool but you only have about 1 subject, which you pick, (some places offer more than one course at once). I'm taking something like 3 things in September... :)

Oh wait. I know what you mean. Mum attended one of those. Yeah. It's just in NZ some high schools are called colleges as well.

Yeah, fun stuff. :lol: Not sure what you learn in the last 2 years of high school but if it involves maths then I'm not interested...I'll stick with never having to take it again. Okay, so I'm weird. I was fine when I was in class for it but in the exams I blanked. I'm hoping I scraped a pass... :| I'll find out in about 6 weeks... :open_mouth:

Yeah, my school did IB and made you take maths. :( But the NZ system is NCEA which lets you drop it in the last two years.

Ending the discussion of Maths...right now. I don't need to think about it.. :# Off to go publish the WAWRMO chapter early..

Good call. Useless subject ><

My question is who needs to know about angles within circles? Not me. (Sorry...I just never got that...)

My question is who needs to know about angles within circles? Not me. (Sorry...I just never got that...)

Honestly, unless you plan to be an engineer or physicist or something I don't see why you'd need it. I haven't used maths outside basic algebra since coming to uni, and I have a bachelor of science == It feels like such a waste... I could have spent that time learning calculus on other things.

Honestly, unless you plan to be an engineer or physicist or something I don't see why you'd need it. I haven't used maths outside basic algebra since coming to uni, and I have a bachelor of science == It feels like such a waste... I could have spent that time learning calculus on other things.

Yeah...I kinda became more vocal on my dislike of wasting my time doing it in the final months of this year. That and English... I may be a writer but I wasted a lot of time in that class too. Why do I need to analyse the way Romeo speaks to Juliet anyway?

I think the only class I actually need from school in life is the one that was literally called Life (one lesson was picking a job etc and working out bills...)
    edited July 2018
    More on Topic (by Topic I mean the character) in...
    Chapter 3
    tumblr_inline_pbfa90uO1w1v2lczu_540.png

Yeah...I kinda became more vocal on my dislike of wasting my time doing it in the final months of this year. That and English... I may be a writer but I wasted a lot of time in that class too. Why do I need to analyse the way Romeo speaks to Juliet anyway?

I think the only class I actually need from school in life is the one that was literally called Life (one lesson was picking a job etc and working out bills...)

'Life' sounds awesome :o I wish we had that in our school. I'm so impractical I don't know how I'd survive on my own...
  • simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member

'Life' sounds awesome :o I wish we had that in our school. I'm so impractical I don't know how I'd survive on my own...

Oh yes we need that here.

It was for the most part boring. That was probably the most useful lesson. The only other one I remember is the road safety one...
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    alanas love day tradition seems to be falling asleep.
    alanas love day tradition seems to be falling asleep.

Sounds just like my kind of day! I love to sleep :D
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    well at least beverly and alvin had great time on their love day.
    Finished it...finally...
    Chapter 16
    tumblr_inline_pbg6tth38f1v2lczu_540.png
  • TheAemaSimmingTheAemaSimming Posts: 2,684 Member
    Hi everyone!

So I have been writing SimLit since early February of this year. I'm still fairly new to this and I have been reading many of the SimLits featured here so I thought I would drop a line. You all seem like a lot of fun and I would love to have more friends in the SimLit community. Currently I have a small Blogger blog but with any luck I can learn some more about making a SimLit blog and make it bigger or even work on making the daunting switch over to wordpress since it seems to be a preference for a lot of the Simmers I love to read. My blog is not nearly as impressive in my opinion but I am definitely looking for some advice, comments and criticisms.

I only have a small #BuildNewcrest Legacy going on now but I have ideas for at least two other stories that I want to work on. Need to figure out how to re-configure my current Blog, add seperate blog or transition into a new blog that can include all the stories... I haven't figured out which. Any opinions, comments appreciated.

Also check out my current blog and SimLit if you have time, just updated with latest chapter today:

McGinnis Legacy Blog

Thanks!!!
    Hey @TheAemaSimming ! I'll check out your story in a bit. Need to finish some binge writing. :confounded: Might take me a while. :lol:

@Bugsie2016 Thanks, no worries... I totally understand! Thanks!!!
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    Be happy to check it out. I've only been doing Sims lits since January myself ^-^
    @Shadami, Really? But you have so many stories? I don't know how you fit them all in.
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    I type really fast and I'm a stay at home mom. A majority of my stories got posted when I was under the weather because of getting my wisdom teeth removed so my husband was taking care of the kids and meals.
  • CharmingMaruskaCharmingMaruska Posts: 1,051 Member
    Hi everyone!

So I have been writing SimLit since early February of this year. I'm still fairly new to this and I have been reading many of the SimLits featured here so I thought I would drop a line. You all seem like a lot of fun and I would love to have more friends in the SimLit community. Currently I have a small Blogger blog but with any luck I can learn some more about making a SimLit blog and make it bigger or even work on making the daunting switch over to wordpress since it seems to be a preference for a lot of the Simmers I love to read. My blog is not nearly as impressive in my opinion but I am definitely looking for some advice, comments and criticisms.

I only have a small #BuildNewcrest Legacy going on now but I have ideas for at least two other stories that I want to work on. Need to figure out how to re-configure my current Blog, add seperate blog or transition into a new blog that can include all the stories... I haven't figured out which. Any opinions, comments appreciated.

Also check out my current blog and SimLit if you have time, just updated with latest chapter today:

McGinnis Legacy Blog

Thanks!!!

Hello, @TheAemaSimming !
    Your blog looks great. I was using blogger before wordpress and I found blogger very hard to work with, the pictures were impossible to adjust and the overall experience was painful, so I'm very impressed with what you created, great job!

It didn't let me comment on your post with my WP account, so let me just say here, that I've read the first chapter of your legacy and I love your storytelling. It does remind me of Bloomer Legacy style a tiny bit, but only because it's so good! I'm looking forward to reading the rest of the stoy once I'm around stable internet connection :smile:

Welcome to the community.
    edited July 2018
    @CharmingMaruska Thank you so much for the feedback. It's much appreciated. :)

@Shadami I'm a stay at home Mom too, but also a caretaker. My grandmother in law has Alzheimer's so I am full time taking care of her and my little boy. It's hard to find time to game, much less write but I really love it.
    @CharmingMaruska Thank you so much for the feedback. It's much appreciated. :)

@Shadami I'm a stay at home Mom too, but also a caretaker. My grandmother in law has Alzheimer's so I am full time taking care of her and my little boy. It's hard to find time to game, much less write but I really love it.

@TheAemaSimming Oh, my, lots of love and hugs to you! I lost my grandfather to Alzheimer's two years ago and he was living with it for many years before, so I know the struggle!
  • msbeckycatmsbeckycat Posts: 3,445 Member
    Hi there everyone
    On a totally unrelated note...

I have a new update ready after being on a hiatus for 6 months! I know! That's a long time, so many of my readers are probably not even active anymore. :D Anyway, just in case, here it is and it's full of teenage drama, as usual!

Chapter 3.21: Like a rain

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top