Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mermaids GP

LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,218 Member
edited July 2018 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Hi,

If we imagine Mermaids GP is similar to Vampires GP, what features could be included ?

Note :Please share your ideas, it would be nice if we could reach the 25 powers and the 10 weaknesses.
  • CAS Mermaid form :
    • Legs with fins/Webbed feet or Fishtail (Shape : classic, shark, eel or octopus ???)
    • Webbed hands
    • Webbed ears
    • Fins for arms and back
    • Scaly skin or Scales makeup
  • CAS content :
    • Neptune hair
    • Neptune bear
    • Necklaces
    • Earrings
  • Live Mode interactions :
    • Sleep in the swimming pool
    • [Seasons EP] Summoning storm
  • Unlockable Powers
    1. Siren singing (Same as Vampiric Charm)
    2. Summoning fish/shark
    3. Communicating with fish
    4. Save sim while/after drowning
    5. Hydrated skin (Need to swim or take a bath very rarely)
    6. Water control (Make the sims be wet or dry)
    7. Sea control (Create waves to surf)
    8. Best fisher (Always catch the rare fishes)
    9. Turn Human sim into Mermaid
    10. Super fast swimmer (like super fast running for vampires)
    11. Swim in the Fish/Dolphin form
  • Unlockable Weakness
    1. Dry skin (Need to swim or take a bath very often)
    2. Motion sickness or “Walking on needles”
    3. Lost voice (No Siren singing)
    4. Accidental transformation in Mermaid form when wet (Rain, diving splash, ...)
    5. Stinks of seaweed
    6. Disgusted by fish meals or sea food
  • Needs
    • Water / Skin Hydration
  • World : Underwater

merman10.jpg00-mai10.jpg
Post edited by LeGardePourpre on

Comments

• MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited July 2018
    Love it! I’m so glad that you have included an underwater world as that is my major demand for a mermaids game pack.

I would also like:
    - Underwater pets. For example, dolphins, which you could ride and teach tricks.
    - Giant clam woohoo (woohoo inside a giant clam shell)
    - The babies of mermaids to be born with a tail and able to live underwater (so they can live with their parents underwater), not to only acquire a tail/mer powers when they reach adulthood. Toddler mermaids would be so cute! They would have to learn to use their tail.
    - Scuba diving for normal Sims (so they can visit the mer people’s world)
    - New plants that are only growable underground
    - Caves to explore for treasure (kinda like jungle adventure)
    - Sailing (on the sea) to be an activity/skill for normal sims

Powers:
    - The ability to turn a normal sim into a mermaid
    - The power to summon a storm
    - Super fast swimmer (like super fast running for vampires)
    - The ability to tame underwater pets more quickly
    - Higher success rate searching for underwater treasure
  • MidagereMidagere Posts: 67 Member
    Underwater world would look amazing! There could be an island for normal Sims or a houseboat and then houses under water! ^^
    Well, it would be kind of fun if Sims could got killed after hearing Siren's singing for a long time. Sirens also could be in negative mood while being for a long time outside the water during summer temperatures (for Seasons).
    giphy.gif
    After all, He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named did great things. Terrible, yes. But great.
    @Midagere

Vampires can't kill sims, Maxis won't allow Mermaid to do it.

It’s still a shame although I understand why!
  • sapphireofslytherinsapphireofslytherin Posts: 1 New Member
    oh my god I love this! An amazing fully thought out idea that needs to become reality!
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    - They can freeze sims or things that are wet
    - they can dry things or sims that are wet
    - they can dry themselves off
    - they can turn invisible
    - they telekinesis and also the ability to control water
    - they can turn stuff into crystals
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • CeCeDotCeCeDot Posts: 230 Member
    Maybe a power where your mermaid can kiss a sim and their soul is yours, which makes them your slave. Also give a sim the ability to breath underwater by a kiss as well.
    CAS maybe the option to make their looks scary by giving them some fangs, more fish like faces, seaweed like hair, gills or not, etc
  • MollieLouMollieLou Posts: 19 Member
    Instead of a purely underwater world, how about a tropical island world with both above- and below-ground lots? I feel that would be a bit more useful for non-mermaid players - maybe it could even be a full vacation world where you had to go to become a mermaid? And the ability to build underwater using domes so normal sims could live there as well?
    MollieLou wrote: »
    Instead of a purely underwater world, how about a tropical island world with both above- and below-ground lots? I feel that would be a bit more useful for non-mermaid players - maybe it could even be a full vacation world where you had to go to become a mermaid? And the ability to build underwater using domes so normal sims could live there as well?

Because then mermaids cannot be fleshed out... If we make a world that's entirely about underwater diving and snorkeling and swimming, they can be fleshed out mermaids.
  • MollieLouMollieLou Posts: 19 Member
    But no one will be able to visit it unless they're a mermaid. I wouldn't buy a GP with a world I could only use with a sim in a very specific life state. Everyone can visit and live in Forgotten Hollow, even though the vampires are fully fleshed out.
    But no one will be able to visit it unless they're a mermaid. I wouldn't buy a GP with a world I could only use with a sim in a very specific life state. Everyone can visit and live in Forgotten Hollow, even though the vampires are fully fleshed out.

Normal Sims can? If they learn the diving skill. There might be a few beach houses there as well to live in, but the world is about sea life and diving for treasures
    CeCeDot wrote: »

Because then mermaids cannot be fleshed out... If we make a world that's entirely about underwater diving and snorkeling and swimming, they can be fleshed out mermaids.

Totally agree with this.
    edited July 2018

I think this would be a neat idea if implemented such that the tropical islands etc above water are a separate world from the mer world below water. So, normal sims could get to the underwater world by scuba diving. If a sim in the above water world starts to scuba dive to the mer world, then there would be a loading screen and your sim would find themself in the underwater world.

If not done in this way, we are unlikely to get a fleshed out underwater world for mer people. Also, given we don’t have an open world, I don’t think we really could have one world which has an underwater part and an above water part - unless the underwater mer world was merely a lot/a few lots which happened to be under water (in which case it would not be as big as I think the mer world should be).

I do not think that we are likely to get two new worlds in one EP (a above water tropical vacation world and a below water mer world). And, I would rather sacrifice the tropical vacation world and keep the underwater mer world.

I think that in the mermaid game pack or expansion pack, EA should make the sea swimmable (and possibly add beaches to existing worlds) and then sims should be able to develop the scuba diving skill in the sea. Sims with a high enough scuba diving skill should be able to travel to the mer world by scuba diving in the sea of any existing world.

I would still like a tropical vacation world and do not see why it should ot be added as a separate game pack. I would rather they don’t do one EP with both mermaids and a tropical world like in island paradise I think, because this would mean not putting as much work and content into the mermaids. I felt that the island paradise mermaids were very limited and could have been much more, but they were an after thought to island paradise rather than the focus of the pack. Mermaids should be the focus of a pack, as vampires were in TS4.
    edited July 2018
    What could their weaknesses be ?

- Vomits when eats anything but raw fish or seaweed

- Can only keep their human form for a limited duration (e.g. can only have legs for 2 days at a time at one level, 1 day at a time for second level, 12 hours at a time for third level). If they stay in human form beyond this time, they transform back into a mermaid and, if on land, they die (because they have gills in mer form)

- Stinks of seaweed trait: Gives other (non mermaid) sims a disgusted moodlet when nearby and renders building relationships with non mer sims more difficult.

- “Walking on needles” moodlet when in human form. When in human form, they find walking around painful and this decreases their mood.

- Lost voice when in human form (cannot speak when in human form)

You can probably tell those last two were inspired by the little mermaid haha
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited July 2018
    I’d be an absolute buyer if they were anything like the ideas in your OP!

Love @MaggieMarley weaknesses ideas as well!
    5JZ57S6.png
  • AdalynAdalyn Posts: 5 New Member
    I love the ideas of this pack, I'd be an absolute sucker if the pack was as good as the ideas..
    Adding more weaknesses:
    Moodlet / Relationship based
    *Permanent mermaid face (making it harder to make friends with non mermaid sims)
    *Addon to the first weakness: Permanent siren form (More 'aggressive' and darker colored scales fins fangs etc. When human the face keeps fins fangs and scales if its added, chance to scare sims when trying to interact with them)
    *Weaker form (Can't stay as a human very long)
    *Hypersensitive ears (Can't talk to non mermaid sims very long) and can get worse (like the pregnant moodlet/tired/has to pee)
    *Highpitched voice (Annoys sims / loses relationship easier)
    *Underwater adept (Romancing non mermaid sims is harder)
    *Saltwater Chef (Cooking non mermaid food is of lower quality / can make sims sick)
    *Sea it like I do (Friendly / Romantic interactions have less impact when interacted with or doing the interaction and mean interactions have a stronger impact)
    Siren: Singing has stronger impacts and sounds "Underwatery". Sirens can be closer related to vampires by sucking "plasma" from normal sims (maybe magic essence? can also be a new exclusive siren need as well). If the option is added (I highly doubt it would be..) sirens can kill sims.
    New Skill: Hymn playing - Can serenade sims,(If the mermaid has the siren trait unlocked, they can do the interaction: Songs from the depths to create a romantic aura) Can busk
    New Power: Can keep mermaid form on land but changes out tail for legs that have fins. Doesn't really wear clothes but has a special "totally not nudity" skin.
    New Moodlet: Scary fangs / Scary fins / Fish monster (Embarrassed / Uncomfortable): I don't look as bad as they say I do, right? From: Scaring a sim (Via weakness 2 or a sim seeing mermaid / siren form)
    CAS: Longer hairs and more ponytails, curly hairs, fin and tail styles. For non mermaid sims there can be "beach" and "yacht" style clothes and hairstyles, can also use the same hairs as the mer sims
    Build: Large clam shells (acts the same as a normal bed) more "underwatery" decoration (trees in bubbles, "underwater trees", coral, seaweed, pebbles, more rock varition, etc.)
    Interactions: Sit on large rock (Can sing, play instruments, talk to other sims etc) Sailboating / jetskiing / yachts (boat stuff). As a mermaid in the ocean you can sing to boats and get on or off boats for a while.
    These are some random ideas I thought up and I hope they can add on to your wonderful post!
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I want this!!! I love all the ideas on this thread, I hope it becomes a reality at some point.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
    Chances are that the guru's look at the forums as well!
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Wow, what an awesome thread! :smiley:

I don’t have any ideas at the moment, as a lot of the major bases are already covered, but I wanted to say thanks for a really cool thread! :heart:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • xXholicxX360xXholicxX360 Posts: 20 New Member
    I love all the ideas on this thread. I also hope they integrate different fins and dorsals like these
    Definitely hope the gurus see this thread
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited July 2018
    Okay, I'm going to be honest here. I am not a supernatural player. I always play the Sims as realistically as possible. Yet, I love all manner of water activities and the mermaid powers/weaknesses in this thread are calling to me in a way that TS3 Mermaids (or any other occult form) never did. :)

Here is my addition to the list of proposed powers:

Mermaids can traditionally transform between human and Mer form. I propose that EA add a third water form. The same way that Vampires can turn into bats, I would love for the most powerful mermaids to turn into a type of elemental wave form when in the ocean -- splashing up onto rocks and, perhaps, pulling a lucky (or unlucky) human into their watery world with them.

wcrVAXT.jpg

Or, the mermaids can splash up onto the rocks, suddenly appearing to a human in their human or Mer form.

iAAwBj4.jpg

fwp3yr7.jpg

VQRPPsm.jpg

Think of it as a kind grand, splashy entrance. IIRC, TS4 already has waves crashing onto rocks in BB? So this idea is feasible.

Also, during rainstorms, the most powerful Merfolk would have the power to burst into a shower of water droplets. In that way, they can use the rain to disguise themselves and to quickly travel overland. Again, this power would be limited. It can only be used during a rainstorm.

Imagine, Merfolk turning into something like this and reveling in a downpour...

e5DpWF1.jpg

The rainy season would have an entirely different significance to the Merfolk living on land among the humans.

To my knowledge, the ideas above have never been a part of Mermaid lore. (?) However, they are powers that I would love to see become canon, through the Sims series.

Mermaids definitely do not have to be boring. ;)
    I3Ml5Om.jpg