Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Builds by Amphora - Dandelion Cottage: New House for Download

AmphoraAmphora Posts: 3,959 Member
edited August 2018 in The Sims 3 Builders
tumblr_pb9dv8a8951xq9hdmo1_1280.jpg
tumblr_pb9dv8a8951xq9hdmo8_r1_1280.jpg
tumblr_pb9dv8a8951xq9hdmo3_r1_1280.jpg
tumblr_pb9dv8a8951xq9hdmo4_r1_1280.jpg
tumblr_pb9dv8a8951xq9hdmo7_r2_1280.jpg
tumblr_pb9dv8a8951xq9hdmo2_r2_1280.jpg
tumblr_pb9dv8a8951xq9hdmo5_r1_1280.jpg
tumblr_pb9dv8a8951xq9hdmo9_r1_1280.jpg

Prairie Moderne is my first modern house and it is VERY family friendly. It has tons of outdoor activities like sprinklers, tree houses, hopscotch, swimming, swings, etc. And the front pond is stocked with koi fishies!

It also has four bedrooms and four bathrooms. Mostly everything is decorated but feel free to change anything you want. There is one room downstairs I left empty - I plan on personally turning it into a theater room but you can make it an extra bedroom if you want as well. There is a two car garage with a parking space outside and a laundry room, too.

The style is…quirky. I have a quirky family living in it and decorated it along their theme which I guess could be called Bohemian? The interior colors are black, green, red and white with earthy wood tones. The outdoors I tried to convey a family-friendly, relaxed environment.

-Expansions Needed-
  • World Adventures
  • Ambitions
  • Generations
  • Late Night
  • Island Paradise
  • Pets
  • Showtime
  • University
  • Supernatural
  • Seasons

-Stuff Packs Needed-
  • Outdoor Living
  • High End Loft
  • Diesel

-CC Used But Not Necessary-
-Store Items-
  • There ARE quite a few items from the Store used in this house, mostly clutter, so if you don’t have them your game will replace them with base game proxies.

Anyway, I had fun decorating this house and I hope you all enjoy it as much as I do :)
Download (library package file)
Post edited by Amphora on

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Prairie Moderne is a very nice home! :) Very nice layout of the build! The exterior design of the building looks very nice. Very nice front pond feature! The rock waterfall looks nice there, and it is great that it is stocked with koi fish . Very nice landscaping work! The pool patio is very nice! Sims will have fun swimming in the pool, or enjoy relaxing on the loungers under the shade of the umbrella. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The open plan living , dining and kitchen areas are very nice. The pink flowers on the dining table are pretty for Sims to see as they enjoy eating a meal. Very nice design of the kitchen! The black brick wall texture gives a nice look to the room. Very nice design of the bedrooms. The bookcase look great placed on each side of the bed in the master bedroom and the plants are nice touches of nature.
    Sims will enjoy living there! :)
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    This is beautiful! I'm normally not a modern fan, but this has a totally earthy vibe to it, I love it! Especially the colors you chose.
  • AmphoraAmphora Posts: 3,959 Member
    This is beautiful! I'm normally not a modern fan, but this has a totally earthy vibe to it, I love it! Especially the colors you chose.

Thank you! I'm not a huge fan of moderns either but this house is the only exception lol.
  • soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,260 Member

Very nice home. Super cool entertainment centre. Well done :D
  • xteamppxteampp Posts: 16 Member
    Did you use any modded item?
  • seasseas Posts: 37 Member
    Beautiful house..and that pool is gorgeous!
    soocoolsim wrote: »
    Very nice home. Super cool entertainment centre. Well done :D
    Thank you so much! :)
    xteampp wrote: »
    Did you use any modded item?
    I did indeed use some CC but I listed the ones I could find. There are two lamps, one a table lamp and the other a standing lamp that I couldn’t find the links of, but the game should replace them with base game proxies :)
    seas wrote: »
    Beautiful house..and that pool is gorgeous!
    Wow, thank you! I’m happy you liked it o:)
  • SouthernSimSouthernSim Posts: 35 Member
    So creative! I usually don't like modern either due the cold starkness of it, but you made this one seem so cozy! I tried to use a green and back color scheme once and it just looked crazy, but you made it work!
    edited August 2018
    So creative! I usually don't like modern either due the cold starkness of it, but you made this one seem so cozy! I tried to use a green and back color scheme once and it just looked crazy, but you made it work!
    Thank you!!! o:)
    I agree, green isn’t an easy color to decorate with. I almost stopped using it but decided to just let it be an accent color instead :smile:
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    @Amphora , sorry it took me so long to take some pics, but your house is lovely in my game ! <3

ZLEnFp2.jpg

VbRQWIa.jpg
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
    edited August 2018
    @Pary
    it looks better in your game than mine!!! :p
    Glad you liked it :)

I’ve never seen my houses in anyone else’s game before so I’m really happy it looks decent in a game other than mine lol
    edited August 2018
    I’ve decided to make this thread a dump for my various houses I’ve remodeled or built. Here’s another house I made...

tumblr_odt9rlLpzN1veh5pko1_r1_1280.jpg

Pics of interior, exterior and pool house under the cut.
    tumblr_odt9rlLpzN1veh5pko2_r1_1280.jpg

tumblr_odt9rlLpzN1veh5pko3_r1_1280.jpg

tumblr_odt9rlLpzN1veh5pko4_r1_1280.jpg

tumblr_odt9rlLpzN1veh5pko5_r1_1280.jpg

tumblr_odt9rlLpzN1veh5pko6_r1_1280.jpg

tumblr_odt9rlLpzN1veh5pko7_r1_1280.jpg

tumblr_odt9rlLpzN1veh5pko8_r1_1280.jpg

tumblr_odt9rlLpzN1veh5pko10_r1_1280.jpg

tumblr_inline_odtdr37jsQ1uuv3da_1280.jpg

tumblr_inline_odtdr1XAJL1uuv3da_1280.jpg

Pember Chateau is one of my favorite houses I’ve remodeled. It has that modern luxury vibe going on that is different than the casual/cozy/country type vibe I usually have in my builds. I also named it after Pemberley from Pride and Prejudice because I recently played a generation in my legacy that was based on Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth Bennett and the Pride and Prejudice storyline. And I’m also a huge fan of the book and movie (the 1995 version. The 2005 one doesn’t follow the book very well so I have shunned it :P)

I’m currently using the house for a vampire of mine who is a very old ancestor/twin brother of my long deceased legacy founder. I converted the third guest bedroom into his secret lair. But that’s neither here nor there.

It has the following amenities:

-Three bedrooms
    -Three (not fully decorated) bathrooms
    -An outdoor pool and hot tub
    -Exercise room and sauna (in a building next to the pool)
    -Sunken outdoor fire pit
    -Three Car Carport
    -A black, red and white color scheme.

It has a lot of EP and SP content from (if I remember right):

-Late Night
    -Ambitions
    -Seasons
    -Showtime (Maybe?)
    -World Adventures
    -Supernatural
    -High End Loft Stuff
    -Outdoor Living Stuff

And there are some items from the Sims 3 Store as well. I’m not sure how much so prepare yourselves if there are some items missing. Your game should replace them with base game proxies.

I hope you all enjoy! :)
    Pember Chateau - Mediafire .sims3pack
    Post edited by Amphora on
    Pember Chateau is a very nice home! :) Very nice exterior design of the home, and the outdoors areas are very nice! The windows look great how they are used in the build, creating a very nice light filled home. The sauna room looks so restful! Sims would enjoy relaxing in the sauna, with very nice views of the outdoors. It is great that there is a pool house. Sims would enjoy keeping fit using the gym equipment there. The sunken firepit nook is very nice. It looks very nice the type of seats used there. Sims would enjoy sitting around the fire keeping warm and toasting food. The greenery and plants gives a very nice feel to the areas of the home. Very nice pool patio. The pool waterfall is very nice! The furnishing of the interior of the home is very nice! Very nice colour scheme of the rooms. The type of curtains used in the rooms looks very nice. The patterned floor rugs add a nice look to the rooms. The sofas and armchairs sitting area in the living room is very nice for Sims to relax there and watch tv together on the large screen. Very nice music nook! Sims will enjoy resting on the seating there enjoying listening to the music being played, whilst reading a book. The design of the kitchen looks nice. The marble countertops looks nice, and it is great that there is an island sink and workbench. Very nice dining room! Sims would enjoy the sunlight coming into the room whilst eating their meals there. Very nice bar area for Sims to enjoy sitting on the stools and have a drink from the bar or nectar from the nectar rack.
    It is a very nice home ! :)
    Thank you, @rosemow!
    As always, you say the nicest things :)
  • MoinesseMoinesse Posts: 155 Member

@Amphora Your link for Pember Chateau not working for me on mediafire
    @Moinesse I’m sorry about that! I fixed the link so it should work again. Thank you for letting me know! :)
    edited August 2018
    another old-ish build of mine...
    tumblr_or3rijRAJ81veh5pko1_r2_1280.jpg

tumblr_or3rijRAJ81veh5pko2_r1_1280.jpg

tumblr_or3rijRAJ81veh5pko3_r1_1280.jpg

tumblr_or3rijRAJ81veh5pko4_r1_1280.jpg

tumblr_or3rijRAJ81veh5pko5_r1_1280.jpg

tumblr_or3rijRAJ81veh5pko6_r1_1280.jpg

tumblr_or3rijRAJ81veh5pko7_r1_1280.jpg
    I made this house based on one I saw after watching an episode of Fixer Upper. It started out as a rustic industrial build but quickly morphed into a cozy cottage overflowing with flowers and a lawn that is dotted all over with dandelions. Thus the house’s name :)

It has 3 bedrooms and 1 bathroom but only the master bed and bath are complete. So feel free to go ahead and go crazy with the place. Turn the other two empty rooms into bathrooms so your Sims will have three toilets and showers to choose from! I won’t judge :P

Here are the deets of what is required.
    EP’s Needed:
    • Supernatural
    • Ambitions
    • World Adventures
    • University Life
    • Late Night
    • Island Paradise
    • Generations

CC Included:
    • DIY Shutters
    • Tulip Bouquet
    • Two Lamps (a standing and a table lamp) that I, unfortunately, can’t find the link of :/
    • Hanging Plants from Garden of Shadows

Store Content (not necessary since they’ll be replaced with proxies but I’m just being thorough)
    • Monte Viste (for the red poppies throughout the yard)
    • Aurora Skies (for various decor)
    • Wind Chimes
    • and other various decors I can’t remember.

Enjoy! :D
    Mediafire Download .sims3pack
    Dandelion Cottage looks very homely and warming! :) The flowers and plants in the front and back garden areas and on the edges of the front porch are very pretty! It is very nice that there is a rustic backyard shed in the back garden area.Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The island bar stool counter looks great in the kitchen and the brick wall texture of the stove nook looks very nice. The sunflowers on the counter and the sunflower jars are a sunny touch. Very nice living room. The design of the fireplace and bookcases either sides of it looks very nice.The U shape of the sofa looks great! Sims will enjoy sitting resting there in front of the fire, reading a book. The black with white dots patterned curtains look very nice in the rooms. Sims will enjoy waking up to sunshine coming in onto their bed through their bedroom windows. Very nice windows bath tub nook in the master bathroom for Sims to enjoy the sunlight and outdoors views through the windows whilst restfully bathing.
    It is a very nice Cottage home! :)
    Thank you again, rosemow. I appreciate your kind words :)
  • soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,260 Member

Dandelion Cottage is adorable and I love the decor and mixture of textures. Well done :D