Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Graphics problem "Glossiness of metal"

Hello guys! I've posted this question before and I also looked it up on Google but I couldn't find anything! So, my problem is that I used to have this shiny and glossy effect of my house dome. Screenshot_62.png This is how it used to be before the update you can see the glossiness and shininess is obvious.

Now after the update it looks like this....
Screenshot_68.png

Also, pleas note that I'm using the "Sheet Metal Roof"

What I want is to get that shineness in my dome! IT was amazing until I got this update and it's gone now! Please help if you can!

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    edited July 2018
    Hello
    Try turning off laptop mode if you use that.
    Try raising the graphics settings in game options and see if that helps.
    Make sure that your graphics drivers are up to date.
    Try testing in different seasons in the game, and at different times of the day. The weather and time of day can cause differences in how buildings /Items look
  • Options
    aallii2222aallii2222 Posts: 103 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello
    Try testing in different seasons in the game, and at different times of the day. The weather and time of day can cause differences in how buildings /Items look

Even before the seasons update or before I downloaded it. It was this way! I'm gonna try new stuff and hopefully it works!
  • Options
    aallii2222 wrote: »
    Hello

Even before the seasons update or before I downloaded it. It was this way! I'm gonna try new stuff and hopefully it works!

Now that I tried to play with every single option in the game I'll try to update my graphics driver. Hopefully it works.
  • Options
    Hello

Now that I tried to play with every single option in the game I'll try to update my graphics driver. Hopefully it works.

and btw I forgot to mention that the graphics is on Ultra which means everything is on the highest quality.
  • Options
    Hello

I think I'm giving up! I tried everything & I can't find what's the problem!
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    Hmm. I could try it in my game later on, if I remember and see if that happens.

So you're saying the problem is there even before the pre-Seasons update?
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    DeKay wrote: »
    Hmm. I could try it in my game later on, if I remember and see if that happens.

So you're saying the problem is there even before the pre-Seasons update?

Yes! There was another update before the seasons one. The problem started after that update.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    This is as bright as it gets in my game. Maybe they changed the texture. I know they do that from time time with the floor tiles, etc.

uTAvTFS.png
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    DeKay wrote: »
    This is as bright as it gets in my game. Maybe they changed the texture. I know they do that from time time with the floor tiles, etc.

uTAvTFS.png

I guess I'm not the only one then! But I really love the old one and I don't like this texture! It doesn't give it the realistic touch. I think there has to be a solution and I can't figure it out myself! I hope we get some experts to help!
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited July 2018
    I guess I'm not the only one then! But I really love the old one and I don't like this texture! It doesn't give it the realistic touch. I think there has to be a solution and I can't figure it out myself! I hope we get some experts to help!
    It changed in my game, as well (I kind of prefer it this way, to be honest), but if it was done on purpose then there's not going to be any sort of solution to this.

The only thing left is to hope it was a bug and that it gets fixed.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    Cupid wrote: »
    It changed in my game, as well (I kind of prefer it this way, to be honest), but if it was done on purpose then there's not going to be any sort of solution to this.

The only thing left is to hope it was a bug and that it gets fixed.

It doesn't look bad but also it doesn't it give it the real feeling of a metal which is kinda sad to me I really loved the old one.
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    It sounds like a game bug. I would report this in bugs or maybe @EA_Cian can move your thread to bugs section