Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Question about University

So I am playing a legacy challenge and one of the rules is that I can’t change the active family/house. Is it possible to send my teenager off to university by herself without actually playing her? Will she continue to go through school if I’m not playing her?

Comments

• AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    edited July 2018
    You can't send teenager to Univrsity, only young adult and above.
    When sending a sim to university you go with him and the rest of the family become not active.
    You can send a teenager or child to boarding school (with Generations)- they will be inactive and you can continue to play with the family.
  • ScottDemonScottDemon Posts: 504 Member
    Rhiannon58 wrote: »
    So I am playing a legacy challenge and one of the rules is that I can’t change the active family/house. Is it possible to send my teenager off to university by herself without actually playing her? Will she continue to go through school if I’m not playing her?

You can with Nraas Traveler but I'm not that good at explaining Traveler functions calling @igazor
    I'm just a little bit crazy LOL
    Okay actually I'm totally and completely nuts LOL :p
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited July 2018
    That would be yes, but no.

Yes, NRaas Traveler has an option to remove the block on teens registering for Uni. I've sent many teens to Uni for a "head start" that way, usually but not always with older siblings or cousins. When the term is over they still have to finish high school back home. IRL we would call that an Advanced Placement (AP) program. ;)

If they still cannot register for Uni by phone or computer, with the mod we can travel them there as if on vacation and once arrived register them for a new term at the Admin Building.

No, we cannot push a sim out to Uni or any other world and not play them. The way Uni World works is that active play is on that world only while any of our sims are there and the homeworld is frozen in suspended animation with time not moving forward until the term is over and active play returns there -- same as the WA or any other destination worlds. The game engine is only capable of simulating one world at a time.

Using Traveler we can switch a sim or household's homeworld on them and leave them there, but they won't progress at all while not being played. This doesn't really apply to Uni World though, you can't leave sims there and expect them to do anything in your absence. The Uni term would become broken if this were attempted.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net