Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is the one time use of the machete intended?

2...Next

Comments

• AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Mines keep losing them every time they use one.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    A little advice purchase several machetes from buydebug before sending your Sims
  • candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    IF you buy them and they are in your inventory first put them down on the ground when you want to use them and then they work that is how I did it.
  • SimGuruIcarusSimGuruIcarus Posts: 20 SimGuru (retired)
    Hello everyone!

Are any of you still experiencing this issue (Missing notification after losing machete)?. We have not been able to reproduce it at our end. Would any of you be willing to share your save files with us?. If so, instructions are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065302

Thank you very much!

• Krissie08109Krissie08109 Posts: 12 New Member
    I lost my machete (it slipped out of my girl's hand) on the first day and spent the next four days hovering around the market to buy a new one. None of the merchants had any. Are they supposed to be rare?
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    it's fairly random what the vendors will bring, but they shouldn't be quite that rare (...the pollen flowers, on the other hand... i almost never see those for sale). and if you're hovering around for four days, your sim potentially has a decently high culture skill now

remember that at max level (5), the selvadoradan culture skill lets your sim 'ask to see secret wares' on any vendor at their table and buy infinite machetes, among other things
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    The flowers should be included in the secret stuff! Now that am at 5 in Selvadorian culture I stock up on machetes like they are going out of style, as my sim keeps loosing them. Is there a skill that once at a certain level she will have a better chance of holding on?
  • Jules_AngelJules_Angel Posts: 2 New Member
    > @kalaksed said:
    > others have already answered the question, but i wanted to let you know that if your sim reaches selvadoradan culture 5 (max level), they can ask selvadoradan merchants about their 'secret' wares, which lets them buy a lot of different supplies, including a random selection of relic heads and bases, a mix of various adventuring 'potions', and more imporantly, unlimited machetes and gcres. most of these things seem to be randomly selected, but the machete and gcre were there with both vendors i checked (not a huge sample, of course)

What are/is "gcres"/"gcre?
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    @Jules_Angel here's a screenshot of a grilled cheese ready to eat, or gcre:

aba2edb707997e63879ba21141e5a355.png
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    :smiley: Grilled cheese on-the-go! <3

Closing this thread now as it's quite old and it seems the questions here are solved. Thanks everyone!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top