Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Re-Release The Sims Stories!

TeoKnowsBestTeoKnowsBest Posts: 81 Member
So, I talked with an EA Live Chat Advisor about a Sims 2 compatibility issue, and he told me that he has limited assets due to the game not being on Origin anymore and that my issue is because the game has a lot of compatibility issues with Windows 10 and the newer graphics cards. We talked for a bit about how good the older games were and about how it would be very nice if they would get a HD version/fixed version, some kind of rerelease.

The very friendly advisor told me it would be a very good idea to write this on the forums here (and on EA Answers), because the game developers are very active and they take a lot of suggestions, so that's what I am doing.

EA, I would strongly want you to re-release or give out copies of the Sims Stories games (Castaway Stories, Life Stories...) like you did with the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection. The games were very appreciated and a lot of people are still playing the older games and would want them back. They were awesome games and we'd like to taste the past a little bit more, and don't let those games be forgotten.

I hope you will do something about this EA! With a lot of love and respect, your dedicated simmer, Teo.

Origin: TeoKnowsBest

Comments

• lulubadwolflulubadwolf Posts: 630 Member
    Castaway ! I want to play castaway again so much ! I had the game on nintendo ds, but the game is broken (like the urbz :( ) I would love to be able to play them again
  • Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    Castaway ! I want to play castaway again so much ! I had the game on nintendo ds, but the game is broken (like the urbz :( ) I would love to be able to play them again

A lot of castaway stuff got extracted. (Check on MATY.) So if you want the castaway game to play as a sandbox, you can basically download it and run it in your pre-existing game, along with all the other CC that you could want. Unfortunately, you'd need actual Castaway Stories to play the story mode...
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
  • LivnBellaLivnBella Posts: 18 Member
    I also just requested someone pass it on to the guru's about bringing a Sims 4 Castaway Stories or just a game in general. I was told to come here and tag a guru so they are generally part of the conversation. @SimGuruKate is there a way we could pass this onto you or other team members about bringing this to reality for us. I know it was the game that started my obsession with the Sims and now I cannot play it with my non-disc accepting computer.
  • Olivesplum06Olivesplum06 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Did you figure out your issue?
  • MagnezoneMagnezone Posts: 212 Member
    EA, I would strongly want you to re-release or give out copies of the Sims Stories games (Castaway Stories, Life Stories...) like you did with the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection. The games were very appreciated and a lot of people are still playing the older games and would want them back. They were awesome games and we'd like to taste the past a little bit more, and don't let those games be forgotten.

Not even giving them away. Putting them on Origin to buy would be great, even. Just a way to legally get those games which don't require buying a physical disc, which may not even work or run properly on Windows 10.
    A lot of castaway stuff got extracted. (Check on MATY.) So if you want the castaway game to play as a sandbox, you can basically download it and run it in your pre-existing game

That's awesome, I had no idea. I doubt I'll be using the Castaway stuff any time soon, but it's good to know it exists in case I ever do want to do a themed town or anything like that.
    My blog full of things that never get finished!
    XVlamuQ.png
    Magnezone, the lover of Calientes, Lotharios, Landgraabs and Curiouses everywhere.
  • BlueJeans04989BlueJeans04989 Posts: 84 Member
    I'd like to add my voice to this. I had Castaway Stories and Sims Life Stories and would sincerely LOVE to be able to play those again. I never had Pet Stories, but I wish I had, and would pay a small fee to be able to play it now. I love my Sims 2 and still play every week (along with Sims 3 and Sims 4).
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    Hi,

does anyone know if these discs will work on windows 7 without too much hassle, at the moment I run UC without Origin on a win 7 hard drive with no internet and I believe these discs are standalone? I have all of them all they came in a purchase of the full 2 disc series I bought from an ebay seller and did not know i was getting them as extras lol
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    They should work. I did install one on my Win7 just to get some of the lots... I didn't play it though.

Win7 is still old enough - I believe. :mrgreen:
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    Thanks @rflong7

players keep mentioning how they enjoyed playing these standalones and I have no experience of them whatsoever but also now you have said you took lots from them does that mean I can save the lots safely while playing these games and use them in my UC game safely? what about any plants/trees and other objects can I save those somehow as well?
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    edited July 2018
    @SPARKY1922
    I have some of the objects from all those stand alone games. I'm sure they're still available for download if you search for conversions. I don't have any of the trees/plants from any but Castaways (haven't used it in awhile) because they're the same, iirc. :)

I found a tutorial about moving the lots from that game folder to my game folder to use them (can't find it now). I think I just moved them from one lot folder to another but don't do that until you know it's right (not for Castaways- I never moved those lots/Sims). :)

• JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    My daughter bought me Castaways on Amazon for Mothers Day this year and it plays fine on my Windows 7. I have an HP Pavilion pc that I got the year after 3 came out.
  • Deedee_DaydreamDeedee_Daydream Posts: 10 New Member
    The stories series was actually a LOT of fun. I was amazed that I enjoyed such goal-driven play as I wasn't much of a player back in the day (I actually am TRYING to play here recently but of course after a couple of months, I'm STILL fiddling around with "setting up to play" LOL! But that's a valid play style, I say, heh

The stories were really fun tho, you really felt like you went somewhere. Exotic. Far away. Different. Ya, it was pretty cool. EA don't let worry about graphics issues sway you off something like this. People have ways of figuring it all out. That's what happens when there's a true love and desire for something. People figure it out and help each other. It's the entire reason Sims has generated the cash flow it has over the years. We can find ways, always... and we can help each other. That's our way. We're simmers!
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    I would LOVE to play Life Stories again. I miss that game. I still have the disc but no way to install it but I don't have a disc drive on my laptop.
  • LeosimsLeosims Posts: 47 Member
    They can! If They fix that Bug on windows 10! Like the sims 2 Ulrimate cOLLECTION!
  • DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 469 Member
    Please I’m obsessed with Castaway stories, I have it on Mac but I can’t get custom content to work for it, so please PLEASE release a version for my PC!
  • HeyHeyyHeyHeyy Posts: 465 Member
    I have never played the Sims Castaway Stories or Pet Stories etc. Hopefully they release it on origin at some point like they released Sims 2 Collection
    GALLERY: jdm14_xx
    LIKE my page on FACEBOOK. @jm.violetsims14

<3
  • Dexter_XBADexter_XBA Posts: 18 Member
    Is there any way to get these games on Mac? Since they were delisted from the Mac AppStore I only found physical MacDVD copies which probably don’t include the 4K graphics enhancements from the 2017 rerelease?
    Is there any other way to get this version anymore?
  • EthropturEthroptur Posts: 53 Member
    I would love it if they released The Sims Stories and The Sims console releases. I'm still hoping they bring a re-release of Castaway and The Urbz to Origin.
  • AleksandraAleksiaAleksandraAleksia Posts: 20 Member
    They really need to release the Stories for digital download. They did it with Sims 2 (for only a few years, but whatever), so they can do it for the Stories.