Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How long does it take you from pressing start till you are in the game?

I just did a test, and from pressing play and until I was in the game it took me 1 minute and 20 sec. Then I went into my folders and deleted some old saves and my tray folder, and now it took only 27 seconds. Guess i better remember deleting things i don't need over time :) How long does it take you to load into your sims 4 game?

Comments

• So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    20 seconds or so.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited July 2018
    It's real fast. I have all the packs too - but it is no time at all.

If I go to a different one of my houses and families than I was playing my last session it takes me longer to find them and their world than it does for me to get into their house - lol.

ETA: Oh I thought you meant from starting Origin - but from play it's instant. I hit play and it immediately is at the sims house I last played. Keep in mind I run a super hi - end 8 core gaming desktop that runs at 4.7 ghz and have the fastest internet Spectrum offers - so my games are almost all seconds after I push the button. I play thru Origin even as it does not bother my pc - I never play offline.

I don't use any CC or mods in Sims 4 either. I have about 12-13 households right now and I think 5 back up saves. I have all the packs and updates they have out in the game.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    about the same time. If I don't have a lot of house holds saved. But once my game starts and I go into load game, the last two days It has taken a long time to load the saved households, and I've only had two or three in there. I think it's another bug or its just slow.
  • agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    I have all DLC and it takes me around 30 seconds. I only have one save though.
  • SomeBratInAMaskSomeBratInAMask Posts: 50 Member
    Jeez, it takes me far longer. I don't even have that many mods....
  • Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    edited July 2018
    It takes me about 2 minutes or sometimes longer. I have over 1000 pieces of cc though
  • barraakenobarraakeno Posts: 489 Member
    For me it's very fast. 30sec? 20sec?
    Brazilian guy here, so my English is not that good.

fB7mWIn.gif
    Spinning toilets confurm3d!!!!11!!1!1!!!!11!
  • crebo19crebo19 Posts: 286 Member
    From pressing play to loading up a household its 3 minutes and 30 seconds ( i just timed it) The load time used to be so under 1 minute but after adding expansion packs and other content the time has gone up.
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    Not too long, my computer is pretty old so it's not gonna be the fastest but it's waaay faster than the Sims 3.
  • keenowkeenow Posts: 549 Member
    It took me 33seconds to get to the main page. 47seconds to get into my save. 2min19seconds to get into my house.
    That's additive, by the away.
  • AnnaLoo91AnnaLoo91 Posts: 63 Member
    About 3-5 minutes if we're counting loading screens and everything. I imagine that's mostly because I have lots of custom content and mods and stuff. Without them, it takes about 20 seconds.
    PromSig.png
    Zest Family Spawn: Promise Zest.
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Just a minute or two, but while it's loading up I usually go do my evening chores (wash dishes, clean the litter box) so it's really about 10-15 minutes before I'm actually playing.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    56 seconds.

33 seconds for Origin to load game.
    05 seconds to map screen.
    18 seconds to load household.
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    40 seconds with mods/cc.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • kristenleighwhitekristenleighwhite Posts: 226 Member
    It takes me about 10 to 20 seconds on my gaming laptop loaded with mods and cc.
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,881 Member
    1 minute'ish from starting the game to entering house
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    On my desktop it's a lot faster than on my gaming laptop but given that's the one I'm playing on since I'm not at home:
    24 secs to main menu
    11 secs to map
    15 secs to household
    50 secs total

On my desktop I think it's around 35 seconds afair.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Between 30 secs to 3 mins depending on if I have multiple background programs running or not.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    A minute or so? I use mods and CC. The wait isn't that long.
  • orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    Bottom line: faster than 2 or 3. I literally did chores while waiting for those games to load. I'm not at home so i can't time. I'll check this weekend when i return home.

• PeanutButterVibesPeanutButterVibes Posts: 15 Member
    About 5 minutes, I guess. I'll time it later, to be exact! I do notice that starting up the game takes longer and longer.. Guess I have to clean up some stuff, but not sure what I should or shouldn't delete. I do have a very basic laptop, so I'm already very happy that TS4 works at all :smile:
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    It varies- sometime between 30 and 90 secs, sometimes more.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    About 5 minutes, I guess. I'll time it later, to be exact! I do notice that starting up the game takes longer and longer.. Guess I have to clean up some stuff, but not sure what I should or shouldn't delete. I do have a very basic laptop, so I'm already very happy that TS4 works at all :smile:

Do you have a large save you've played for a while? Moving your families to a brand new same reduces loading time greatly.
  • gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Does deleting cache files speed up load times? Mine are getting very slow.