Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Outfit Generator Is Too Biased For Accessories

worldofdrakanworldofdrakan Posts: 329 Member
edited July 2018 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Seriously, has anyone else noticed that, for some reason, the outfit generator insists on decking out Sims in as many accessories as possible, not matter how tacky? Even pre-existing townies that don't wear glasses, rings, or earrings are having their randomly-generated hot and cold outfits completely covered in them. And don't get me started on the horrible outfits that randomly-generated townies always get, made even worse by this accessory obsession.

And come on, wearing glasses to bed, wearing rings in the pool? Where's the sense in that? And don't get me started on this one accessory in particular, either. I'm talking, of course, about the ring that looks like an eyeball. It's as if every Sim and their mother wants to wear that ring!

Is it just me? Am I imagining things, or do they really need to tone down the accessories?
Post edited by worldofdrakan on

Comments

• CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    Myself and the eyeball ring have history between us. It isn't pleasant.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I'm actually a fan of that ridiculous eyeball ring. Many of my sims wear it, particular colour for particular sims.

But wearing glasses to bed is just silly.
    And cc accessories can lead to some hilarity.

I guess floral wreaths are appropriate for a romance festival...
    tumblr_pb9m4rFlkZ1v2n804o1_540.png
    tumblr_pb9m4rFlkZ1v2n804o2_540.png

I'm not so sure about sunnies and hats at night, but doesn't everyone go shopping after dark?
    tumblr_pb9m4rFlkZ1v2n804o3_540.png

That purse! It just completes teh outfit!
    tumblr_pb9m4rFlkZ1v2n804o4_540.png

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • worldofdrakanworldofdrakan Posts: 329 Member
    edited July 2018
    Oh, don't get me wrong, I actually have a couple of Sims of my own that wear the eyeball ring. It's when all the Sims in town start wearing that ring and stealing their thunder that I begin to have an issue.
    Post edited by worldofdrakan on
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Ah, the glove accessories, plus leggings plus eyeball rings will ALWAYS be a trend. It's hip and what the kids are wearing these days.

When they fall into the laundry basket.

Even in CAS when I went to fix some randomized outfits or change hot/cold outfit the initial outfit would look okay but that eyeball ring.

FOREVER PLAGUING ME.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    Wait, what is the eyeball ring?
  • worldofdrakanworldofdrakan Posts: 329 Member
    edited July 2018
    Wait, what is the eyeball ring?

It's one of the rings that your Sims can put on in CAS, looks like an eyeball. For some reason, it gets randomized on Sims a LOT.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    All eyeball ring wearers are definitely Illuminati members
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    That eyeball ring needs to be completely obliterated :D It does not look good over a pair of gloves and is particularly rage-inducing when it appears on almost every sim.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    As annoying as it is when it happens with randomly generated outfits, at least I can change them. What I can't change is my sims wearing ridiculous hats and other accessories while in naked form, like in the shower, and that is downright frustrating!
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    Yes, randomly generated outfits are rarely good. And that eyeball rings and glasses to bed are very annoying. I sometimes really want to place the closet from Get Together on every lot so I can change their outfit without going to manage worlds. Then that sim gets culled and replaced with a new bad fashion, eyeball ring wearing, and glasses to bed sim and the whole renewal cycle repeats. That is really frustating.
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    I agree, Sims aren't really good at choosing accessories, so I'd rather they avoid them completely
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I saw this gem the other day and took her to CAS to change her outfit but not before taking a picture of the hideous style! pIsPOy7.png
    You are right, randomly generated outfits are ALL about accesories :D
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • PurrdaleckiPurrdalecki Posts: 972 Member
    edited July 2018
    AGREED. I'd rather just accessories be disabled for random completely... I want to throw the eyeball ring into the firey depths of Mordor.. Okay that one was an exaggeration lol but I don't like that ring at all, and it only amplifies my dislike for it when every sim ever must go around wearing it.

And for glasses can they not have a toggle of sorts like this sim has a hidden trait "has glasses" and thus if they're going to wear glasses, it's at least going to be the same one with every outfit that makes sense for them to be wearing glasses in - so maybe no glasses for sleep or working out maybe non for swimming, Idk, I don't have glasses, but... Maybe that's too much just for clothing and some people do wear glasses when they don't need them but yeah the sims go OTT with just pulling out random glasses when the sim doesn't have any glasses in any other outfit.
    Post edited by Purrdalecki on
    tumblr_inline_o2epubgZOk1tbsl8q_500.gif
    My sims 4 studio with poses for download and stuff: click
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I'm very, very tired of big earring being generated on men, and I would like to throw that eyeball ring into the depths of the ocean. If it had depths already.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    I'm very, very tired of big earring being generated on men, and I would like to throw that eyeball ring into the depths of the ocean. If it had depths already.

Haha good one @luthienrising
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Sounds like a re-run of t he earlier hideous outfits on sims plagues we were getting. Have no lessons be learned, that even randomly generated sims not look so outrageous, that the ones we make should not be the same when encountered when playing a different sim?