Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How would you rate Seasons?

Comments

• Marco50Marco50 Posts: 83 Member
    edited June 2018
    Really good, I am thoroughly enjoying it
    For those who haven't seen any NPC doing the new seasons realted interactions autonomously, play your game without mods and see what happens. I don't why, but after doing that, I've seen other sims doing a lot of stuff.

Well, for me they did a really great job but I have a really big complain:

- I need to see the NPC's celebrating the holidays harder. I know that on some traditions you can see the NPC doing their stuff (like the belly laugh, OMG I love it) , but not all of the traditions are autunomous and because of that, you totally lost the vibe. I hope a modder feels the same way too and improve this situation.

EDIT: I've just remembered something... why the heck didn't they add the option "Watch Countdown with..."? I had a New years party with friends and I while my sim was watching the countdown, the other sims were just talking to each other... that was really frustrating.
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Amazing! Even better than anticipated. Best.Pack.Ever.
    When I say best pack ever, I mean of the expansion packs in sims 4 :)
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    It's alright but it could/should have been better
    Marco50 wrote: »
    For those who haven't seen any NPC doing the new seasons realted interactions autonomously, play your game without mods and see what happens. I don't why, but after doing that, I've seen other sims doing a lot of stuff.

Well... If I have to chose between letting Sims 4 "story telling" and proper "Season" reactions and faulty ones but with MCCC? I pick MCCC 110% of the time.
    I guess I just have to wait for MCCC to catch up; I know there has been 4(!!) hotfixes of MCCC since the 22nd.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • PepseyrulesPepseyrules Posts: 32 Member
    Its ok :|
    Peace. Love. and Happiness.
  • candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    I am glad we finally got it but I really don't think it is as good as Sims 3 Seasons. I know a lot will disagree but then some people just can't say anything bad at all they just take what is given must be nice to have a lot of money. You would think that it would have Wowed us because they have had 3 Games to work on it. I think it is missing a lot, but surprised they gave it to us at all, probably to shut us up. It is I call it the Shut up EP.
  • xbackxback Posts: 22 Member
    I am really enjoying, but I have been experiencing quite a bit of bugs and the lack of snow depth is saddening. Also, concerning the snow depth, now when it snows in spring for a couple of days there is no snow on the ground so it's kind of weird. I love the gardening upgrade and the bee related stuff !
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    Really love this pack and I'm having a blast playing, and I haven't even gotten to winter or spring yet. But yes, there are a few buggies but they definitely are not deal breakers, merely annoying at this point. I love all the stuff that everyone else did but the most outstanding feature, imho if the gardening...finally it makes sense. It's not so easy now to just go out and harvest plants at any time...you have to wait for the right season. Total reality gardening...which is much harder. Now, I only plant plants that are in season, store them in a chest when they aren't...that way my sims' gardens aren't that big. Most of my sims grow gardens, some are just bigger than others. I've always loved gardening in all the sims' series, well maybe not so much in Sims 2, but in Sims 3 I loved it. It has a lot more detail than ever before. <3
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • BelongtoLCMSBelongtoLCMS Posts: 125 Member
    Meh...it is missing features I think are very important and/or it has features that are poorly executed
    Right now it is frustrating and unplayable according to my standards. I do not know if the team will be able to fix everything.
  • Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    I just got it yesterday and I love it so much! There's a few things that I wish were done differently, but seasons is still awesome :)
  • WingardimLeviosaWingardimLeviosa Posts: 204 Member
    It's my favorite pack by far, and I'm not experiencing any bugs or issues with my game.
    C0gfE.gif
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    I was happy to see that an EP got a pretty nice rating on metacritic too! :)
    http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/the-sims-4-seasons
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Eh. I haven't gone through all the seasons yet but it's already bored me. I just really like to watch the thunderstorms when they happen; it's the most enjoyment I've gotten out of the pack yet. I'm also not too big on gardening so that's about half the EP I don't really get too involved in to fulfill all my enjoyment of it. I just want my seasons/weather wherever and whenever I want, but hey at least we already got cheats for them! (though I'm not sure the weather event cheat is working correctly or I'm typing it wrong)
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • ShaddBoiShaddBoi Posts: 795 Member
    edited July 2018
    I am somewhere between "Amazing" and "Really Good" voting options. Only picked amazing because, for me personally, this is the best pack ever! Have really really been enjoying it thus far.

Love the calendar and holidays. Have had a lot of fun with them! I am playing 28 days per season, so I have not gotten to see spring yet. But I have really enjoyed what I saw up through mid-winter. The transitions between the seasons are great when using 28 day cycle. The gift functionality is a great enhancement to the game..and I love that we can give money!

I only have some minor gripes---house decorations not always covering all the slanted eaves (not sure if this is a bug?), not being able to know the forecast of another town until you visit it, and not always being able to find the food stalls and skating rinks that randomly appear in towns.

• SjofnSjofn Posts: 332 Member
    It's not perfect. I wish they'd change out of their cold weather stuff when they come inside, and I definitely agree there needs to be a 'rain gear' category. And, of course, some of the bugs are irritating, like the random food stalls not working properly. I haven't had any of the death spiral nonsense, though ... the only random death in my game was Vlad inexplicably coming to bite a sim while the sun was still up (they were napping) and burning to death like a genius.

On the other hand, I'm having a ton of fun. I've seen all the seasons now, and there's stuff with the weather that really upped the immersion for me. For example, I made a Summer Break holiday, two days worth. The first day was a pretty summery seeming day, they went to a pool venue and had a lovely time. The second day, the traditions were slightly different ... but there was also a giant thunderstorm. Trying to keep the kids entertained and do the traditions with the weather not cooperating made it more interesting for me ... it felt like those times when I was a kid where the Fourth of July got rained out or whatever.
  • KiaraSims4ModsKiaraSims4Mods Posts: 2,782 Member
    Really good simply because of the changing weather and I love the calendar.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    If they have seen this, the devs must be thrilled by the results of the poll!
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • ThylaxineThylaxine Posts: 25 Member
    I'm loving Seasons. I used to only be into playing the Sims 4 in short sessions that maybe lasted a week, and then wouldn't play for a long time. I've been playing so much Sims 4 since I bought Seasons! It really spices daily life up for me and makes it less repetitive.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    The weather effects, gardening career and calendar do it for me.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    This is really adding to my game play.

I am only in one season and I can already see that it's a beneficial pack.
    The immersion factor of having seasonal weather is the basics. I love what the holidays add.

The first holiday I experienced was one I created.
    It was a kind of spring cleaning/arbor day kind of celebration where sims were appreciating what they have and taking care of it.
    They were getting their gardens started and baking tasty treats. It was a nice home celebration.

I was surprised by Talk Like a Pirate day. It was amusing.
    One of my sims coworkers invited her out and she spent the night hanging out with her, talking like a pirate.

I am currently celebrating Love day.
    I really like that the neighboring houses put decorations.
    And this is the first time that I've felt like sending my sims out on date. I was surprised to find the restaurant was decked out for Love Day.
    It looks really nice.

Rebate day is next.
    My sims are just starting off in life with really cheap furniture.
    They are saving their money and collecting all the collectables they can find. They will be buying better beds, a stove, and finally getting a couch and TV.

The update to gardening and glass roofs are icing on the cake.
    I am also finding myself using their paid vacation time. It was rare that I actually used it before seasons.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 784 Member
    I'd love to get this,but I'm concerned about my Sims and SimPets freezing to death. Is there a way to prevent Sims from freezing to death in this EP?
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • SjofnSjofn Posts: 332 Member
    I'd love to get this,but I'm concerned about my Sims and SimPets freezing to death. Is there a way to prevent Sims from freezing to death in this EP?

I don't think pets can freeze to death. And for what it's worth, I think the 'sims freezing to death' thing is super overblown. If you think some NPC is freezing to death, though, ask them to change into their cold weather outfit, and that should help them enough to go home or whatever.

Alternately, live in Oasis Springs. ;)
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member

Pet's definitely won't freeze to death. When temps are freezing you'll rarely if not at all not even see any strays out and about. Household pets much like sims will seek shelter immediately, since they don't want to be outside.

Unplayable sims tend to get very cold and turn blue when in their athletic attire when they're exercising or playing ball though the majority of time for me they'll run off when they've finally had enough of being cold. Haven't had one drop dead yet. I'll sometimes tell them to change outfits to warmer 'Ask to see outfit...' or just do it with MCC command. Hasn't been a problem. Though I believe littlemssam has a mod (if you use them)

Seasons mods - Lot of good Seasons mods here, one having your sims 'athletic outfit' function like the outfits for cold weather to keep sims warm. Even a mod to use the thermostats on community lots. :blush:
    5vJrxmT.png
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited July 2018
    I managed to start playing it the other day, but so far, I am enjoying it. :smile:

I just feel a little overwhelmed, though, because I had bought a few other packs with Seasons, lol! So much to see and do, aaahhh! :smiley:

ETA: I’m going to play around with a few different seasons, especially winter, before casting my vote.

Oh, I am really loving that calendar and the holiday creation stuff. :smile:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    Love it so far. Tiny details that make it good. The little effect with heat waves is especially nicely done. Overall it's one of the better EPs for TS4 if not the best out now. However the lack of snow depth, water effects when raining, and for example the bad execution of the snowball and water balloon fights pull it down slightly so I can't say it's the absolute best.
  • Toadette12Toadette12 Posts: 193 Member
    I'm really enjoying it. I've encountered some bugs but nothing game-breaking, mostly just NPCs not using skating rinks (I wish they would've just added a new lot type for skating rinks). It snowed for the first time in my game yesterday so my Sims both went outside to admire it which I thought was a nice touch!

I'm especially enjoying playing the new gardening career. However, I think some new traits and aspirations should have been added as the Sims 4 is lacking in these and it gets repetitive playing the same ones over and over again.
    TS4_EP04_WebQuiz_04.jpg